“Never Stay Here...Unless you are filming a horror flick from the 70's!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   403 Brock Dr, Bloomington, IL 61701   |
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Bloomington
Chicago, Il
“Never Stay Here...Unless you are filming a horror flick from the 70's!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

If Filthy, Smelly, and Old are your thing, you will love this place. Don't let the cheap rate fool you, you will be sooooooooo sorry. Gets one star because it is not possible to give it zero. Walls are paper thin and you hear EVERYTHING going on in both rooms on either side. Stay away. Sleeping in your car is a better option. Woman at front desk ignored me for several minutes while she chatted on the phone in a foreign language. She just didn't care. Clean? No! Internet Connection? 1 bar-non-existent. Safety? No! I realized when I returned from a meeting that my door does not shut tight unless brute force applied. Not Safe. TV set from 1972. My 'no smoking' room reeked of cigarettes. Blanket had cigarette burns through it. Amazed this place is in business. Photos speak 1000 words. Look at mine and you decide. Place should be closed for health and safety violations.

Room Tip: Never stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Westminster, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

3rd. time my inlaw booked a room in this Dump.(Must be a glutton for punishment) Desk attendant could not or would not speak clear "English". Seemed that she had been interrupted from something more important than taking care of us. We were given a smoking room on the backside of the building even though we specified "NON-Smoking".We had to leave the door open for 3.5 Hrs.to air out just so we could sleep in it. The room was filthy with what appeared to be clean sheets and pillowcases although worn and torn. Things were broken, holes in walls,covers falling off heater/A/C. No vent in bathroom/ceiling falling down. I don't know about my inlaw, but I'll never stay there again.

Room Tip: "AVOID" this place as if it had the plague.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Stillman Valley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

There are 2 hotels in one, be careful when you book. We met a couple that booked just like we did but they were not upgraded to the main building as we were. Now, when I say "upgraded" I use that term loosely, and my wife stated how bad it must be if we were upgraded into one of the most basic and clamourous rooms I've seen.

The rooms are old, loud, no vent fan in bathroom, no mini-fridge or microwave, no fan available at front desk. Wallpaper was peeling, small holes in the wall, and the bed and TV are avg.

The staff was pleasant, but I guess management isn't interested in making this competitive. Many rooms were left on a Sat night, and now we understand why.

In general, this area did not feel safe at all.

Room Tip: If you stay here, INSIST on the main building and demand they come through on delivering the basic a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

A mixed review here. Hotel hidden behind a Quality Inn and has maybe 35-40 rooms Nice enough front desk & check in. OLD hotel with old rooms. Mostly clean with an earwig in the bathroom and some other little bug I could not identify. I'm glad my spouse was not with me, she would have insisted we move out.

At $55 bucks, what can you expect?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ottumwa, Iowa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

My fiance and I were heading out on a road trip to Atlanta last year in June. We had been driving since 7 from Iowa and were tired so we went and checked out two hotels, one was a Days Inn and the other was this turd. We decided to save a little cash the first day and stayed here for $55 for a basic room. However, the desk clerk mistakenly put us in a room that wasn't clean so they moved us to another room across the way. When we got into the room it was freezing, keep in mind though that it was a dry and humid summer already but still it wasn't pleasant. After attempting to turn on the rooms lights, my fiance discovered that there weren't any light bulbs but one in a dresser drawer. After watching some American Dad, I decided to look up some review's. On here no less, lol, and read some very negative reactions from people. After reading the one about someone coming into their room and turning off their tv in the middle of the night, I decided to barricade our door with chairs so nobody could get in and after reading about the drug pipe and knife review I was hesitant to shower even but we checked entirely several times but found that the water and shower water run at the same time and fills the bottom of the tub. The breakfast was terrible, we ate corn flakes and left. Moral of this story. Either they need to fix this junker up or close down. It was the worst hotel stay of my life.

Room Tip: Dont get the cheap one
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We only stayed here because we were traveling with my mother in-laws cat. Returning the cat the her after she came home from the nursing home. We were quoted one price, and the charges seemed to escalate from there. If it were not for the cat we would not have stayed there. Bottom line: Choose another hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I wish I had read the reviews here first. We selected the place because we had free points with Choice Hotels. I had been injured on our trip and could not help my husband drive. We were both very tried when we got there or we would have moved on.

The room smelled terrible (we had put chair in the door to hold it open until we went to bed (ater we stripped all but sheets). The floor was dirty. Stairs going to second floor were rusty. The place was a real dive.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!