“This place should be shut down” 1 of 5 stars

Econo Lodge
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   403 Brock Dr, Bloomington, IL 61701   |
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Bloomington
Ohio
“This place should be shut down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I wish I had read the reviews here first. We selected the place because we had free points with Choice Hotels. I had been injured on our trip and could not help my husband drive. We were both very tried when we got there or we would have moved on.

The room smelled terrible (we had put chair in the door to hold it open until we went to bed (ater we stripped all but sheets). The floor was dirty. Stairs going to second floor were rusty. The place was a real dive.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bloomington, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

I stayed in this hotel with my husband. We wanted to get away from our crowded house and did not want to spend a fortune. We originally booked for 2 nights. When we arrived, we almost immediately checked out as the room was not clean, and smelled awful. We decided to go ahead and give it a try. When we went to sleep for the night, we left the television on, as we usually do when we are away from home for ambient noise. When we woke up in the morning, the inner door to the adjacent room was open, things were moved out of the way of the door, and we realized that there was no lock on the door to our room. The television had also been turned off. We reported this to the 'rude' desk clerk in the morning and she immediately refuted the idea saying 'there wasn't anyone in the room next to you'. I guess that this was supposed to ease our fears, however, the fact that someone had been in our room did not sit well. We checked out and decided not to stay the second night. We found out shortly after check out that our credit card had been charged for 3 nights instead of the 1 that we stayed and are still trying to get that sorted out. I would not recommend staying here unless you enjoy being spied on while you are sleeping.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

My husband touched the light fixture and a knife fell down and almost cut him .This knife must of been there from the last person .This room had not been cleaned.we let our four year old grandaughter come over and take a bath in the hot tub ,we saw a lot of rusty water coming out, at least we thought it was rusty water,but all the sudden out came a broken glass tube used for drugs,where the water comes out,and we now know it was part of an drug pipe.the room smelled like mold and was nasty.the tub was not cleaned or when the maid cleaned she would of turned on the tub to clean and the pipe would of came out on her ,in stead of us .we had the general manager call the police and turned in the pipe and the knife to them .there was a beer bottle in a bush out side our room .management was rude and acted as if i was trying to get the room comped or( for free ) I could not turn over weapons or probable drugs to any one but police.so sorry.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
madison wi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2008

03/12/08 This hotel runs a great scam.. they run your card, then don't have a room after they say they do and 7 days and 4 phone calls later you still can't get a refund.. good luck. don't stay here.. the place sucks!

Stayed March 2008
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

I've recently stayed at this motel to visit my brother and the County Fair. The room smelled, the carpet dirty, towels thin and the airconditioner could not be modulated. The outside stairwell was dirty. It did not have a single decorative hedge or bush in the parking lot. The supposedly front garden was full of pebbles. I've booked two nights but only stayed for one. I know I did not checked into the Ritz but in my opinion a cheap motel does not have to be crappy.

• Liked — It was cheap
  • Disliked — It was crappy overall
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!