“Great room, cookies, & lounge” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Book Direct & Save
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Bloomington
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Great room, cookies, & lounge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

We attended a family wedding, and the reception was held at this hotel. Most of the guests, including my husband & myself, stayed here as well. It is a beautiful hotel. The room was spacious, very clean, & the bed was extremely comfortable. Upon check-in, which went very quickly, we were offered cookies which were delicious. After dropping off our luggage, etc. in the room, we headed to the lounge for a cocktail "hour" with our relatives. The drink specials were reasonably priced and snacks were provided for all of us. The reception was held in the ballroom, the decorations were lovely, the food served was delicious. We had a great time. The next morning we went to the breakfast buffet which was much more than the standard cereal & donuts. The cost for this stay - $95 including tax!! What a deal. If I ever have occasion to stay in Bloomington, I will definitely pick this hotel. A great bang for your buck!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Mario C, General Manager at Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your kind words! I will be sure to pass them on to the entire staff.

Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2015

I was in town for business and our local colleagues recommended this hotel. Great experience. The room was enormous. I had the room with the jacuzzi tab! Great touch. The hotel was clean and staff friendly and attentive. I was very surprised with the limited breakfast choices. For how busy this hotel is with conventions and other events, I would have expected to have had a better breakfast bar.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words. I will certainly pass onto the staff. Also we are in the process of upgrading our hot breakfast buffet.

Dekalb Cty
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

We've stayed here on numerous occasions in the past for conventions and meetings and had pretty good reviews. Unfortunately there is new ownership and management and things have taken a turn for the worst. The rooms are the same and still in need of some fine details, like painting, in the bathroom the wall areas around the showers are falling apart, and there are nicks and marks on the walls and it's in need of a renovation including paint, carpeting, bedding. Even our sofa had to holes in it. The sleeping quality this time was horrible, the bed was so soft and it was crazy because the sheet kept coming off during the night because the mattress was so soft and uncomfortable so we tossed and turned both nights we stayed. One nice thing is rooms have a mini frig and microwave. The one positive is the maid service, very pleasant and they do an awesome job!

The "free" breakfast is sub par, powdered scrambled eggs (gross) with water in the pan, cheap sausage, fruit (not fresh) and minimal takings at the breakfast bar that are of quality for those trying to be health conscious. Luckily I brought some grapes and a some cheese and that held me over until lunch.

The banquet food was in a word... "Horrible" We were told we'd be served a box lunch (which was over $20) and were served a soggy turkey wrap, chips, soggy pasta salad cup, and a cookie. No one to serve the food either, it was serve yourself, which was not what was set up with the hotel management staff, so we served everyone instead of having everyone get up.

Dinner was again, "Horrible" The salad dressing on the tables had a film on it like it had been sitting out or poured too early, the salad was limp, the main dish of burnt and (I should have taken a photo) partly not edible because it was so dry and charred over burnt broasted potates (black actually on most of the sides) and limp green bean. The apple cobbler was good but the ice cream came to the table after we dessert was already eaten because 1 person was serving the entire banquet hall. Some of the wait staff looked very unhappy and almost threatening... never smiling... not focused on service but just doing a job.

This used to be one of our favorite places for meetings and we used to have good meals here too, and always enjoyed it but unfortunately something recently has changed and standards are not where they use to be. It's sad because this used to be a great place. Wish the old management would come back as they were accommodating and were focused on customer service, the new one, not so much from outward appearance and definitely not on the banquet food which was as I said Horrible.... WE WILL NOT BE BACK!

Room Tip: Second floor odd numbered rooms look out on the roof :( Rooms close to the stairs and balcony are v...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Mario C, General Manager at Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 3, 2015
Sorry that the experience did not meet your standard. I would like to invite you back for a complimentary stay (as my guest) in our attempt to win back your business. I can be reached at 309-665-3990.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015

I had a king suite which was more than enough room. The cost was a bit surprising as I was expecting to pay double. The manager John is a sweetheart, so nice and accommodating to us. Thank you see you next year!

• Stayed February 2015
Mario C, General Manager at Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 9, 2015
Thank you for your kind words! I will share with John and the staff.

Taylorville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

I stayed in the king size whirlpool suite for one night and enjoyed my experience during the stay. The room was clean & well kept, quiet area, & staff were courteous. The bed was comfy & I was able to get a good nights sleep. I did not get a chance to check out the pool area but I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in the area and will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Mario C, General Manager at Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2015
Thank you for your kind words. I will indeed pass on to the staff! If you stay with us in the future next time I would like to thank you personally for your kind words.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

This stay was more disappointing. Our room had a strong mildew odor that came from the A/C - heating unit. The hotel is supposed be non-smoking but someone was rude and was smoking in their room at midnight. The windows didn't open and the smoke was coming through the vents. I told the hotel staff about the smoker. He said he would investigate while doing his rounds. Not much came out of it. Needless to say my family's sinuses were on fire in the morning.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Mario C, General Manager at Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 27, 2015
Sean,

I apologize for your inconvenience and the odor and smoke. We are a non smoking facility and frown on guests who choose to break the rules. For your inconvenience I would like to extend a complimentary future stay for you and your family. Please contact me directly at the hotel.

Parke Regency Hotel & Conference Center
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2015

We stayed here for an ATA (TKD) tournament. I will first say that the staff and management couldn't have been any more attentive and helpful. Kudos to staff! Room was clean, well kept and no issues there. Pool is small, and for some reason very dark. Lights were not on and we along with several guests asked about it and never did get an answer. The hotel advertises free breakfast, we were charged 9.99 for the breakfast buffet so I think that's misleading. All that being said this space is far too small for an ATA tournament. Way too crowded, no room to move around at all.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Mario C, General Manager at Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 13, 2015
Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to pass on to the staff. I have also passed on the lighting issue to our Engineering department.

Should you want to stay (as my guest) in our hotel in the future, simply contact me at (309) 665-3990. I would be more than happy to make a reservation for you.

Parke Regency Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!