“Think twice” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Bloomington
Bourbonnais, Illinois, United States
“Think twice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Counter manager was not very neci, call manager to talk about it, he was just as rude, went to the conference, room was very warm, we were told sometimes it doesnt work, took too long for the lunch service, made our program run over, desert tasted like it was old.
Im sure at one time it was great, managers should not argue with a customer, instead they should resolve problems, I hope the owners will see this and hire a few new managers. Because people like them will ruine a business. Think twice before you consider them for a convention,
Breakfast was great.

Room Tip: Not being maintained like it should.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

At first glace this independently-owned property looks to be a great find. However, after spending one night here at the end of our trip, I can only give it an average-very good rating. Here are my two main critiques along with an odd-ball one.

LIGHTING — I have never had a hotel room that is as dimly lit as this one. There are only three lamps and one light fixture in the hallway near the door. All of them use 13-watt flourescent bulbs. At first I thought that the bulbs simply needed to warm-up to improve the illumination. No, this is just a very dimly lit room. It is great for watching TV but if you want to do any wort of reading you had better bring a flashlight. The incadescent lighting in the bathroom is a little brighter but still much dimmer than what we found in the four other hotels we have visited in the past week. I am all for saving energy but there should always be at least one bright light in a room!

AIR CONDITIONING — As usual, the air conditioning unit is installed underneath the window. The curtains are several inches too long. When they are closed they enclose the vents and the unit's thermostat. The result is that only the window — and I mean ONLY the window — is properly air conditioned (and probably heated as well). You will have to crumple the curtains up on the window ledge above the vents in order to have the AC work properly for the entire room.

THE REFRIGERATOR — There is no freezer. But the issue here is really unusual. Shortly after we I arrived I left the room for a few minutes. When I returned my wife greeted me with "I think that there is a frog in the microwave." After listening more closely, the croaking sound was coming from the refrigerator and not the microwave on the shelf above it. We looked inside the frig and then pulled it out of the wood cabinet but did not find the "frog". This was in the late afternoon. The croaking sound continued throughout the night and ended this morning. As I write this all is quiet. But, in the still of the night, this was a VERY annoying incessant sound to try to sleep through. We left before finding out if there is an actual frog hiding inside the walls of the refrigerator or if this was just a weird sound made by the compressor.

Room Tip: Bring a flashlight and crumple the curtains.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

From when i arrived Thursday, June 6th, to my departure (all too soon!!!!) Saturday, June 8th, i so appreciated the way this hotel spoiled me with personal service. I especially liked Shelby who help me get connected with another hotel (The Hampton Inn) in Chicago for Saturday night prior to my plane leaving for the West Coast Sunday morning! She was most helpful in getting me necessary information, and "kudos to you, Shelby" for you doing so, girlfriend!

I also had to sleep in Friday morning and this was the first time in my lengthy experience with any hotel/motel complex allowing me to do so without my putting out a "do not disturb" sign on my outside doorknob!!! Needless to say, waking @ 11:15 a.m. without interruption was awesome.

Thanks to Joe Motamedy, the general mgr, for operating an incredible place to stay. And while there are many good hotels in Peoria where i visited my son, Matt, i'll gladly check in next time @ the Parke Residency and drive the 30-45 minutes to Peoria for my visit should it happen again soon......thank you all @ the Parke so very much!

Much continued success to you, Mr. Motamedy and your fine staff!

Most sincerely,

Bill Ehrman
billehrman4433@gmail.com
661.301.6272

Room Tip: awesome 3rd floor room was quiet with convenient elevator nearby.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Plainfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was our third stay at the hotel. Check in and check out was very fast. When we travel we enjoy staying at hotels that offer a restaurant along with a bar. As always our hotel room was clean, spacious, etc. There was a lot slamming of the doors by people staying in the other rooms however this is not the fault of the hotel. I really wish you people out there wouldn't be so rude!! Last year when we stayed at the hotel there was a party, wedding, etc. at the restaurant so after waiting 30 minutes for drinks we left. This year the restaurant was also disappointing. The menu is mostly bar food such as appetizers, sandwiches, etc. There were only 3 dinner items on the menu that included french fries so we decided to have a drink and go elsewhere for dinner. A pint of draft beer and a coke cost us $7.00 which included a dollar tip for the waitress. I thought this was a bit expensive. The Red Carpet Corridor trip was rather boring this year so this will probably be the last time we do this trip. We did decide that if we are in the area we will possibly choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: Bring yourself some ear plugs so you don't have to listen to the slamming of the doors.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Auburn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time at this particular hotel and we would stay again and again!

Friendly service and cleanliness is a must and it did not disappoint.

Rooms were nice and the beds comfortable.

They also have a bar and restaurant to enjoy.

• Stayed April 2013
East Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I went to Bloomington to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary at a hotel with a whirlpool suite. After arriving to the hotel, we found out this particular chain removed the hot tubs in the rooms but did not post on the website. We were so frustrated and bummed out about this!

After feverishly searching for more hotels with whirlpool suites, we stumbled across the Park Hotel. On a whim, we went there to stay in their king whirlpool suite. We were hesitant at first, but after we got there we were both pleasantly surprised at the room. It was after all $20 more than we budgeted but we managed.

The front desk help wasn't the friendliest and didn't take any interest in my story above but they were able to get us a room. The room was clean and the hot tub was wonderful. The free breakfast was great as well. Who could complain over free hot breakfast... waffles, sausage, bacon, biscuits/gravy, fresh fruit, bagels, cereal, and so much more.

The room was a little stuffy and not much air circulated. The bed was ok, not great. The pillows were very stiff and as a result that's how my neck was when I woke up.

Other than the usual hotel noises of doors closing and people talking in the halls, this was a place my wife and I were glad to find.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Johnsburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Being a frequent traveler to Bloomington, I have stayed in many different hotels in the area. For the price and money this is by far my favorite. It is one of the best run, and always immaculate. It has a lot of nicer upgrades, and the free breakfast is a step up from the norm.The staff is unfailingly polite and friendly. I have never had a bad experience here, and would highly recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!