“Was here for a wedding” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Golf Stay & Play
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bloomingdale
Skokie, Illinois
“Was here for a wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Nice rooms, a little on the smaller side. Had a nice golf course and a few nice bars.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dino S, Manager at Hilton Chicago/Indian Lakes Resort, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Indian Lakes Resort. We look forward to seeing you here in the near future.

Best regards,

Dino Simoncelli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

When you pull up to the place, you do find yourself wondering where the heck you are staying - the architecture of the building is a little bizarre (though in a good way).

Once inside, the staff were efficient and friendly, and the room was clean enough and spacious, but the hotel as a whole (and I include the room here) felt a little run down. Carpets were showing signs of wear, the wallpaper looked tired etc.

The couple of bars I went in were good, with nice friendly staff who were attentive to all the guests, despite the distraction of a large (and loud) group that were staying at the hotel at the same time.

All told, this was a nice enough place. I'd happily stay there again for another business trip, but I wouldn't take my wife there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for providing us feedback regarding your stay at Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes Resort. We certainly appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and we look forward to welcomming you back to the resort in the future.

Dino Simoncelli
Palatine, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

I was here last week for a conference. Nice facility but it didn't seem super clean to me. I was a little disappointed with the musty odor, and that most of the conference rooms were at the basement level. It was also a very dark facility.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for staying with us for your recent visit to Hilton Indian Lakes. I have shared your comments regarding the cleanliness of the property with our Housekeeing department and I assure you that we are dedicated to a much better guest experience. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your stay in more detail.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I recently stayed for a week at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort. The place is a little dated, but very clean. The atmosphere has tons of indoor plants and water features that make it very pleasant. The food was very good as well. I would certainly stay there again, good value for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your positive experience and we look forward to seeing you back at Indian Lakes in the future.
BATTLE CREEK MICHIGAN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

it has been run down for many years and really needs new carpet, new paint, and some serious cleaning and lighting..outside it is very nice...inside, not so much

Room Tip: at another hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Bloomingdale hotels

Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I used to live around Bloomingdale before this resort was converted to a Hilton Brand, and every time I drove by Schick Road I would say to myself, "One day I would like to stay at this kooky looking hotel." Fast forward few years later, I have moved away but my dentist is still at Bloomingdale, so I have to make two trips a year back to this neck of the woods. And finally last month I made a decision to stay here before my ungodly hour dentist appointment, just for old time's sake.
I picked a golf view room after reading the reviews, and I think I made the right choice, I can't imagine opening the window to see the interior of a hotel. The check-in was quick but rather impersonal, the room was clean but can definitely use some updating. But don't get me wrong it was not ancient or something like that, you can see my pictures and judge for yourself.
Overall, it was an ok stay, nothing to write home about. I was given breakfast voucher for being an elite member with Hilton chain, but I didn't use them since I don't want to be late for my teeth doctor appointment!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Reading reviews all the time, it's easy to pick out the extremists. There are hotel snobs---and there are "naivists---I created a new word" who seem as if they've never traveled anywhere. Whatever, trust those of us in the middle, the ones who travel for a living.

For the money, and granted this was a Priceline buy, this was one of the best values I've had in months. I had a standard room; it was huge. The bed was awesome. The bathroom was huge. The pillows were perfect. It was quiet.

It was quiet. I said it was quiet!!!! Perfect.

Is it dated? Yes.
Are the hallways like catacombs? Yes.

The amenities are affordable, the drinks are decent, the golf course is nice enough....

The only issues I would have for your consideration are:

1. Location is a little far out....depends on what you need, though.
2. Internet...come on folks....it's my pet peeve with every "high end brand". I will do without internet, or drive to a Starbucks, rather than pay your rate. You're making zero money on it, and losing restaraunt revenue because I won't stay there.

Great place.....fine amenities.....would be a nice weekend retreat for a family weekend...or a buddies golf weekend.

Try it out. Worth the money for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and for your business.

Been to Hilton Chicago/Indian Lakes Resort? Share your experiences!