“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bloomingdale
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

My sister, Cindy Wieczorek, works for the resort as a PBX operator and recommended my husband and I celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary at the hotel. We did the 'date night package' which included the hotel stay and a lovely dinner at Shiraz on the Water Restaurant. Our check in experience was great, with friendly service by Danielle at the front desk. I felt we were treated like celebrities during our whole stay. Our room was lovely and spotless. I love swimming and was so happy that the pool water temperature was perfect. I was impressed to see the pool area attendant, Sandra, constantly straightening up the area making it look perfect. Our dinner at Shiraz was complete with an excellent meal and excellent service by waiter Mark. Upon returning, we were pleasantly surprised to find chocolate dipped strawberries and grape juice (as I am pregnant and cannot have wine at this time)! It was a wonderful and delicious surprise! I highly recommend everyone to take advantage of the date night packages the hotel offers. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dino S, Hilton Indian Lakes Resort at Hilton Chicago/Indian Lakes Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding the stay and I am delighted you enjoyed the Date Night Package as well as the service provided by our Front Desk staff and Shiraz on the Water. Hopefully you will get the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Illinois City, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Me & the hubs just wanted to get some alone time. The place could definetly use some updates, but the employees were nice & the restaurants were decent. The Cave bar was very pretty & I spent quite a bit of time there. The bartender made me pay for my drinks up front which I noticed he hadn't done for other patrons (I was the only black person at the bar) one of whom fell out of his bar stool & walked out without paying his tab. Aside from that one thing, we had fun playing pool downstairs & there was a huge wedding & the guests were great fun in the pool. Also the wifi here is spotty.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I just wanted to thank you for the upgrade on my stay at the Hilton on 1/28/2012. After staying here last year during this same period and not getting much sleep because our first floor rooms where very noisy during some competition. The hotel was overun with teenage kids. I was informed to contact them during our next stay. Dino Simoncelli did as he had promised and upgraded us to connecting suites.We had a wonderful time. The customer service your staff provided was excellent. Everyone we encountered with was very professional, helpful and friendly. We also had brunch at Shiraz. The food was absolutely delicious. We will definitely be coming back more often.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stayed here the first weekend in December for my family's first Cousins Girls Weekend Staycation. Over all the stay was a pleasanter stay even though we had tons of issues... I booked 2 hotels rooms for 6 people. The first hotel room was very very cold. We called and the maintenance staff came to the room to look at it and all they did was flip a switch and left. That night the room got even colder. Of course we complained to the front desk and was given free breakfast. AT the restaurant onsite we went down to get the breakfast buffett only to discover that they dont do the buffet on Saturdays... what we were told. So we all ordered an entree and a beverage. On TWO separate plates there was a long hair on the potatoes. The server and manager of the restaurant was nice enough to take the food back and bring fresh food. After breakfast we decided to ask for a different room. When we were ready to be transported to a new room we called the Front Desk for a bell hop and I waited about 25-30 minutes and they still did not show. After 30 minutes house keeping came to the door and told me that I needed to leave the room so her lady can come in and clean! I informed her that I called for a bell hop and as soon as he shows up then I will leave. She then informed me that I needed to leave now! She was so rude, it was basically an empty hotel and she was rushing us. I finally called again for the bell hop and explained the situation and the lady was nice and polite and apologized and he came right up. The second set of rooms were the same layout. However Once again one of the rooms didn't have the heat working. This time when the maintenance man came he went in the ceiling and reset and fixed some things and made sure it was working. Front desk called us to make sure everything was ok since we had so many problems.
ON Sunday when we went to check out we asked if we could the brunch since we had so many issues and was told no.. then we were told that we had to speak to her manager. Once the manager came and spoke to us She decided to comp one of the rooms for us for both nights. The front desk staff was friendly and professional and willing to accommodate. The housekeeping staff needs to be retrained and take some classes on how to speak to people.

Like I said overall it was a good stay. The beds were comfortable and the connecting rooms were nice. I would stay here again in the near future.

Room Tip: Make sure your heat works in your room before unpacking your luggage.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
West Lafayette, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

My fiance and I stayed for the date night package which included the room, dinner, movie, and breakfast. The staff at the front door and front desk were extremely polite and helpful, going out of their way to help. I cannot remember a better staff experience at a hotel, however that is where the good ended and the bad began.

When we arrived, the place looked run down and dated. It had a crumbly mildew stained wood exterior (not like the pictures online). The hallways are creepy, narrow, and winding. We were pleasantly surprised that the room was clean and looked better kept than the rest of the resort.

We went to dinner at Shiraz on the water. The restaurant was probably 20% capacity and they sat us elbow distance from a family of 5. We asked to move and were told the rest of the empty tables were reserved. The kids next to us were watching basketball games on their iphones the entire dinner with the volume extra loud. We saw our waitress 3 times the entire meal. The food was very poor. The house salads are 90% extremely bitter arugula. The prime rib was a terrible stringy cut which I struggled to choke down the majority of. My fiance ordered the salmon and took 2 bites of it. I tried it and it was dry and bland. We have made better salmon at home. It was the worst fish I have ever tasted. Towards the end of dinner the place started to fill up and I overheard another customer scream they had been waiting 20 minutes and hadn't seen their server, which didn’t surprise me.

The worst part about the whole stay was the teen party that didn’t end until 2am down the hall from us. They were running up and down the halls, slamming doors all night.

This experience could hardly be considered a romantic date night. I could not recommend this place to anyone looking to relax and get away. The date night package was subpar and not as advertised.

Room Tip: rooms facing the interior are loud
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonILR, Manager at Hilton Chicago/Indian Lakes Resort, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Hello!

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide us with feedback on your recent visit to Hilton Chicago/Indian Lakes Resort. I appreciate your kind words regarding your experience with the front desk staff but I am extremely sorry your stay did not live up to your expectations. Your overall experience is certainly not a reflection of our normal service levels and I have discussed your comments with our Food and Beverage Director to ensure the necessary re-training occurs. If you have the opportunity to reach out to me directly to discuss your stay in further detail, I would appreciate the opportunity.

Best Regards,

Dino Simoncelli, Assistant General Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I have stayed here twice... If find this place a little shining like in winter... Is has weird skiiny passageways to rooms, few/no food options and a cold cave bar in the looby that was someone's idea of fun 40 years ago.

The rooms are fine but the property is sprawling. The wireless is besically unusable and ony available in rooms next to the lobby. Do not plan to use an Ipad or smartphone on wifi here.

The staff are nice enough but incredibly bored

Probably will stay elsewhere on my next visit just too many quirks

• Stayed February 2011
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

If you are a local and looking for a “staycation”, this hotel is your best option. My husband, son and I have stayed here on NYE for the past two years. It is the best way to bring in the new year, especially with a little one. The rooms are really nice and spacious. The hotel will give you a fridge and pack n play for free too. We checked in at 1 and went straight to the pool. Afterwards, we had dinner at Shiraz. The prix fix menu is really good and the price is a plus. ($45 per person including a glass of champagne). On New Year's Day, we have breakfast at the Master's Clubhouse (if you are a Hilton Honors Diamond member, breakfast is free). The spread of breakfast items is amazing and it's the perfect way to start off the new year!

We will definitely be returning to this resort in the future!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Chicago/Indian Lakes Resort? Share your experiences!