“Great for families” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bloomingdale
Sellersburg, Indiana
“Great for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

My family stayed here when we went for our Chicago trip. It was a great location to go to Schaumburg and the Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament. It was also a good location to get to Schaumburg for the Metra train into Chicago. The hotel staff was very nice and knowledgeable about the area. The rooms were spacious and clean as well as the pool area and hotel grounds. The full hot breakfast is always a plus. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Marlene L, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
We appreciate your comments on our hotel. We are very happy our location worked out and your family was able to enjoy time together. Thank you for the comments about my staff . I enjoy sharing these responses with my staff in our morning huddles. We thank you and hope your next trip to Bloomingdale you will return to our Residence Inn!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Romulus, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

As a Corporate Travel Agent, I book and stay at many properties for personal and business. I love this staff and hotel so much that when I return to Chicago for my son's athletic competitions every year, I chose this hotel, outside of the city, simply for their staff!! It is very clean and inviting, providing the right touches of comfort. I love the separate bedroom suites, with 2 tv's, which allows my children their own space and us our own space during down time. The assitant manager at this location is exceptional at what he does, he is genuinely kind and considerate of each individual's needs and his attentiveness is top notch. The staff never seems overwhelmed and is always ready to help you with ease, regardless the time of day. I enjoy the common area with large tv, comfortable seating w/ottomans and relaxing by the fireplace. I would strongly recommend this property based solely on it's staff alone. The breakfast options are vast, the pool/spa area are well kept and maintained daily. Staff is always willing to assist with directions, offer recommendations on the vast dining options, provide feedback on attractions, transportation options, services and many other things.

Room Tip: Rooms with separate bedroom from living area are excellent options for those families with older kid...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
David D, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you so very much for the wonderful things you had to say about us. We always appreciate our guests taking the time to let us know how we're doing and your review is just what we love to hear. There is nothing more important to us than our guests. Thank you again and please say hi next time you visit us.
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The staff was very friendly and the facility was clean. Good breakfast and even milk and cookies on Christmas Eve which I thought was a nice touch. Convenient to our family so we will be staying here again. Comfortable beds.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Marlene L, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Lovely review. We appreciate your staying with us . Our guests truly are the best. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. This will be shared with the staff. Thank you!
Europe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

After my last Residence Inn stay in Tennessee in June of 2013 (posted to Trip Advisor as well), I was hesitant to book another stay. However, since I have been a loyal Residence Inn customer for years, I decided to give it another try. The facility was spotless, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was very pleasant and friendly. My only concern that I forgot to mention to the front desk was the draft coming in the door from what I presume was the hot water heater room-it was really cold since the highs were in the 30's and the lows were in the teens during our stay. The door was close to the window and we did our best to block the draft with extra sheets and furniture during the night, but wow, was it chilly in the living room even though we certainly had the heat on. If anyone is reading this from the Bloomingdale Residence Inn, it was room 129. Maybe the hot water heater room needs insulation or something. Other than that, it was a great stay and we will definitely come back again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Marlene L, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We are certainly looking into the heating and draft issue you experienced . Chicago in the witner can be a chilly affair and we would like our guest to be cozy during their stay. Thank you for the heads up and your loyalty to Marriott! We appreciate our guests and we dedicate ourselves to the best service possible. Thank you again!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I m a frequent traveler and a loyal Marriott customer (Marriott Platinum) as well. I also stay at multiple hotel chains worldwide (Happen to be platinum with Marriott, IHG, and Club Carlson, Hilton - Gold member). I know when customer service is truly outstanding and also can quickly recognize if its on the other end ! I had the privilege to spend a considerable time with my family at this Residence Inn. My family and I want to let the world know, how pleased we were with this hotel and in particular, the amazing hotel staff! We can always find during our travel, that we find some people very nice and good. The unique thing about the team here is that, not only few members are nice and courteous, but the entire team is. Starting with the GM Marlene, AGM Dave, Front Office Folks, Melissa, Cristina, Tatiana etc and the maintenance guys and cleaning ladies (Bertha, Claudia), breakfast place lady (Valentine we think) are all excellent! All the folks are outstanding. These folks carry a GENUINE customer service attitude. They attend to customer's needs with a pleasing smile, courteousness and professionalism. We will admit that we have had some minor issues here and I m sure almost all places have something or the other.. Thats just fact of life, but true professionalism and courteousness is about handling the issues and solving them and attending to the needs of the customer. I truly believe Marlene and Dave stand out in this aspect! They go above and beyond the call of their duty. I would highly recommend this place, if you truly want to experience hospitality and great customer service for you and your family. For all those hospitality management folks out there, this is a team that is worth benchmarking for genuine customer service attitude.
Cheers!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate every guest that enters our hotel, being an extended stay hotel we are fortunate to make life long friendships. You and your beautiful family fall in that category when a guest becomes family. Thank you for the kindest of compliments, you all are missed and the time spent here with us cherished. Thank you for taking the time to post this survey it will be shared with the staff.
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night in mid-September when my United flight was cancelled due to weather. Unfortunately, everyone else's flights were also cancelled, so we were all looking for hotels near the airport. This one is not close, I believe it's at least 30 minutes away, but they were able to accomodate several of us on short notice. I remember that the front desk staff were very efficient, even under the stress of having to check a lot of us frustrated people in at once.
I found my room to be comfortable and stylish. The appliances are new and so is the furniture. This would be a great place to spend several days; plenty of space.
I didn't get to try the breakfast since I had an early flight.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Marlene L, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your response and comments based on your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear we were able to accomodate your group efficently and provide a comfortable suite for very weary travelers. If in the future you find yourself back in the Bloomingdale area we hope you can stay longer and enjoy our evening social and breakfast. Safe travels!, Marlene & Staff.
Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We arrived at 5pm on a Friday and they struggled to find a 2BR unit that was clean. That should have been a hint. We found lots of items in our room along the edges and corners that should have been vacuumed up. The blanket in the closet wasn't clean.

Breakfast was about a C quality. When something ran out they took 15-20 minutes to replace it. A few items were never replaced. The bananas were mushy like they had been refrigerated or frozen. The fruit would have been okay without the pineapple as it overpowered the other fruit - too acidic. The scrambled eggs were strange, they should make eggs cooked to order like other Residence Inns. These didn't taste like eggs. If they fixed these issues it could be a great breakfast.

Location is good and the parking lot well lit. Allow double time estimates if going to downtown Chicago due to traffic and road construction.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Marlene L, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest, I am very sorry your stay at our hotel was not one of the best. I will certainly look into the issues you noted with your arrival, housekeeping and breakfast . We follow all Residence Inn Breakfast standards but will continue to review ways to improve our guests breakfast experience. I take all reviews very seriously and will work with my staff and offer additional training or suggestions where it may be needed. Thank you for taking the time to report your experience, you travel to many hotels and I appreciate your knowledge and bringing these matters to my attention. If you and your family return to the Bloomingdale area, please give us another try! Thank you.

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale? Share your experiences!