“Stay here if you must” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bensenville
New York City, New York
“Stay here if you must”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was not an ideal situation. Booked myself a last-minute room because I ended up having to stay an extra night in Chicago.

The hotel is under renovation and I would not recommend you come here whilst they are undergoing this process. Also note that the hotel is in Bensenville and it's about a 15-30 min drive, depending on the traffic.

Pros
+ The hotel staff were generally friendly and tried to be helpful with my needs
+ Breakfast is included
+ There is a microwave and tea kettle in the room

Cons
+ The room was freezing when I arrived - the housekeeping staff had not turned on the heater (there is no central air).
+ There is no one consistently manning the front desk, and the only service person available seems to be the driver who picked me up from O'Hare - they kept calling him when issues would arise
+ There was a random pole in the corner of my room when I arrived (see photo)
+ The rooms are barely sound-proof so I was able to hear the conversations of anyone walking down the hall quite clearly
+ The shower makes a terrible squealing sound
+ The TV was not working when I arrived and there was no TV guide

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Marquette, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Planes shaking windows all night. Terrible shuttle response, sat at ohare for over an hour waiting for shuttle. Hotel was under construction with no mention of that online when making reservations. Evening receptionist told the shuttle driver that he was not allowed to give us a jump when we had a dead battery. Wow! Guy trying to be helpful and make a bad situation better and the evening receptionist won't let him. Never again. Avoid this one!

• Stayed March 2014
CountryInnOhareSouth, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
We apologize if you feel you were not assisted by our hotel staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. We have given countless guests jump starts as this is Chicago & the winters can cause car trouble. We have spoken to the staff to get clarification on what happened. At that time we did not have any jumper cables and that is what she was communicating to the shuttle driver, not that he could not help you. The front desk offered to look up road assistance or the computer in our business center was available to use but the gentleman said he had a phone he could look them up. As for the shuttle, it does only run once and hour at the top of the hour so depending on when you called, yes the wait can be anywhere from 20min to 1hr. The average wait time is 20-30min for most of our guests. We always appreciate feedback and are working to ensure a similar situation does not occur again.
Pekin, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was under $75 for my stay. The hotel is being renovated, but no issues avoiding those areas. My room was clean the only thing I had an issue with is that I was on the first floor and the windows would not lock which made me a little uncomfortable. Overall I had a good night sleep, a good free breakfast and was always greeted by the staff. For the price I would stay here again but will make sure to ask for an upper floor.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rockford, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

First I arrived to discover that they are in the process of renovating the hotel. Half of the building is closed, you would think they would discount their prices with that going on. One night I was awakened by what I am sure was hammering --it was quite rhythmic: tap tap tap tap,...tap tap tap tap... on and on in the middle of the night.
There is very poor flow, like poor pressure from the rotating shower heads -- anyone who washes their hair needs a better water flow to get the shampoo properly rinsed out. I hope that is being corrected in the renovation.
There is extremely poor lighting in the rooms. There were 3 lights in the entire room, one in the entry, a bed table lamp, and a desk lamp, and it was DARK in that room. There was more light in the bathroom than the entire rest of the room. Another lamp, or better yet go over to the Microtel and check out all the lighting in each room. Dark rooms.

Now, to the real problem here: The fire. Yes, the fire alarm starting sounding EXTREMELY LOUD at about 3:10am. It was very cold outside, so I took 2 minutes to get dressed, grab my coat, and grab my backpack. In the hallway someone was coming from the nearest stairwell, stating that there was a smell of smoke in the stairwell, so I went to a different stairway. When I got down to the lobby the staff was sending people back to their rooms. Really? yes, and the lobby was full of smoke. The staff stated that there was a microwave 'on fire' in the hotel kitchen. They wanted everyone to return to their rooms. Meanwhile the fire alarm CLAXON was still screaming. I went outside and found several people dragging their suitcases out from the stairwell exit. When the alarm stopped sounding I returned to my room, looked out the window and saw that the fire department had arrived.

I have to object to the hotel staff sending people back to their rooms before the fire department arrived. I won't be returning to this hotel again. Country Inn and Suites, Bensenville, O'Hare South, Illinois

Room Tip: stay someplace else
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We take every precaution to make sure that all guests are affected as little as possible. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here for one night before an early flight out of O'Hare. For less than $100 we got a one night stay (w/ complimentary breakfast), a shuttle to and from the airport, and our car parked while we were gone. I had looked at other airport park and fly hotels and none really compared to this one for the price. The check in staff was very nice, the room was comfortable and clean, and the 24 hour shuttle picked us up and dropped us off right on time with no problems. The night-time shuttle driver was amazing...he made our night!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that it is under construction so that is something to consider. I never encountered any noise or problems with it, just that a lot is unfinished. I am very hard to please, so when I say the entire staff at this hotel was wonderful it is really true. Front desk people (males and females) were all very friendly, kind, and helpful. We left to fly out of O'Hare only to have our flight canceled. Called the hotel to see if we could get another room for the night and have the shuttle come pick us up (had no idea when that would be as we had to wait 2 hours in the United line, don't even get me started on them, to rebook). They said "No Problem, just call us when you are ready to be picked up." We called them and by the time we got to the shuttle area we waited about 5 minutes and he was there to get us. Shuttle runs VERY promptly and the man is very accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a decent hotel near O'Hare to do a park-and-fly. What many of the hotels advertising park-and-fly don't tell you is that you have to pay a daily fee for parking. This is not the case with Country Inn in Bensenville. You get seven days of free parking when you book a room. That fact sold initially sold us. Add in that the hotel is very nice, staff is courteous, and the shuttle is extremely prompt. We were tentatively scheduled for a 2:15 return shuttle. We called the hotel to let them know our flight landed, went to the bus and shuttle terminal, and the hotel shuttle pulled in at 2:15 on the dot. We will definitely be staying again at the Country Inn Bensenville. I highly recommend it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensenville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest
Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Elmhurst

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South? Share your experiences!