“Good Price, Clean and Close to Ohare Airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South, IL

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South, IL to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South, IL
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 East Grand Ave, Bensenville, IL 60106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bensenville
Pekin, Illinois
“Good Price, Clean and Close to Ohare Airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was under $75 for my stay. The hotel is being renovated, but no issues avoiding those areas. My room was clean the only thing I had an issue with is that I was on the first floor and the windows would not lock which made me a little uncomfortable. Overall I had a good night sleep, a good free breakfast and was always greeted by the staff. For the price I would stay here again but will make sure to ask for an upper floor.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Rockford, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

First I arrived to discover that they are in the process of renovating the hotel. Half of the building is closed, you would think they would discount their prices with that going on. One night I was awakened by what I am sure was hammering --it was quite rhythmic: tap tap tap tap,...tap tap tap tap... on and on in the middle of the night.
There is very poor flow, like poor pressure from the rotating shower heads -- anyone who washes their hair needs a better water flow to get the shampoo properly rinsed out. I hope that is being corrected in the renovation.
There is extremely poor lighting in the rooms. There were 3 lights in the entire room, one in the entry, a bed table lamp, and a desk lamp, and it was DARK in that room. There was more light in the bathroom than the entire rest of the room. Another lamp, or better yet go over to the Microtel and check out all the lighting in each room. Dark rooms.

Now, to the real problem here: The fire. Yes, the fire alarm starting sounding EXTREMELY LOUD at about 3:10am. It was very cold outside, so I took 2 minutes to get dressed, grab my coat, and grab my backpack. In the hallway someone was coming from the nearest stairwell, stating that there was a smell of smoke in the stairwell, so I went to a different stairway. When I got down to the lobby the staff was sending people back to their rooms. Really? yes, and the lobby was full of smoke. The staff stated that there was a microwave 'on fire' in the hotel kitchen. They wanted everyone to return to their rooms. Meanwhile the fire alarm CLAXON was still screaming. I went outside and found several people dragging their suitcases out from the stairwell exit. When the alarm stopped sounding I returned to my room, looked out the window and saw that the fire department had arrived.

I have to object to the hotel staff sending people back to their rooms before the fire department arrived. I won't be returning to this hotel again. Country Inn and Suites, Bensenville, O'Hare South, Illinois

Room Tip: stay someplace else
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South, IL, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We take every precaution to make sure that all guests are affected as little as possible. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here for one night before an early flight out of O'Hare. For less than $100 we got a one night stay (w/ complimentary breakfast), a shuttle to and from the airport, and our car parked while we were gone. I had looked at other airport park and fly hotels and none really compared to this one for the price. The check in staff was very nice, the room was comfortable and clean, and the 24 hour shuttle picked us up and dropped us off right on time with no problems. The night-time shuttle driver was amazing...he made our night!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that it is under construction so that is something to consider. I never encountered any noise or problems with it, just that a lot is unfinished. I am very hard to please, so when I say the entire staff at this hotel was wonderful it is really true. Front desk people (males and females) were all very friendly, kind, and helpful. We left to fly out of O'Hare only to have our flight canceled. Called the hotel to see if we could get another room for the night and have the shuttle come pick us up (had no idea when that would be as we had to wait 2 hours in the United line, don't even get me started on them, to rebook). They said "No Problem, just call us when you are ready to be picked up." We called them and by the time we got to the shuttle area we waited about 5 minutes and he was there to get us. Shuttle runs VERY promptly and the man is very accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a decent hotel near O'Hare to do a park-and-fly. What many of the hotels advertising park-and-fly don't tell you is that you have to pay a daily fee for parking. This is not the case with Country Inn in Bensenville. You get seven days of free parking when you book a room. That fact sold initially sold us. Add in that the hotel is very nice, staff is courteous, and the shuttle is extremely prompt. We were tentatively scheduled for a 2:15 return shuttle. We called the hotel to let them know our flight landed, went to the bus and shuttle terminal, and the hotel shuttle pulled in at 2:15 on the dot. We will definitely be staying again at the Country Inn Bensenville. I highly recommend it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The hotel itself is fine but if you have a problem, be prepared but major attitude from the male staff member on the front desk who wasn't t pleasant to deal with. I had an issue with the shuttle service and he told me, "it's your fault". Total lack of customer service training.

The hotel itself isn't in very good condition. The owners live in another country and aren't around much and it shows.

I give this 2 stars since I slept well and the airport location but those were the only two positives.

Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South, IL, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was only here a few nights for work with a group but didn't have any problems & no one out of group had any complaints either. The indoor pool was nice as was the front desk staff. Other than a stained lampshade, the room was was fine. It took us about 30 minutes to get into downtown Chicago without any traffic. It's nothing fancy, but I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South, IL? Share your experiences!