“Great reverse park and fly, but you should only park” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Bensenville
Illinois
“Great reverse park and fly, but you should only park”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because they offered complimentary airport shuttle and parking was included in the park and fly rate. Since we were arriving back to Chicago very late, we thought it would be nice to just stay the night at a hotel and drive home in the morning. I can say I'm not a particularly picky person, but after we checked in and found our room, the missing floor board, stained carpet and dark room was less than appealing. We went to the lobby to see about dining options, and the desk attendant was sitting with the shuttle/maintenance man eating pizza in the dining room. She pointed at some brochures that offered delivery food and didn't bother to get up. When we checked out in the morning, we had to wait for someone to appear at the front desk since it was left unattended. While I thought the airport shuttle was convenient, I probably wouldn't stay here again. My husband and I are both gold Club Carlson members, and neither were recognized or offered any upgrades. Even when we asked, we were told nothing was available. I wasn't expecting much, but a room without hair in the tub would have been an upgrade.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites O'Hare South, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay, and for taking the time to post a review. We pride ourselves in our dedication to go above and beyond to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of each and every one of our guests, and your review is certainly not indicative of the caliber of service we are known to provide.

I am sorry that your stay with us fell short of your expectations, and if you would be so kind to contact us at ccare@carlsonrezidor.com, we would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss your visit.

Deanna

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The hotel was very nice and clean and they served a pretty good breakfast each morning which is included in the room charge. The staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. The room was a good size (two queen beds) and the beds were comfortable. There was my wife and I as well as our sixteen year old son sharing the room and it worked out perfectly. My only complaint was that the cleaning fluid they used in the room had a very strong ammonia smell, but you got used to it when you were in the room for a while.

Room Tip: Make sure you have the breakfast each day before going out. The food was pretty good, lots of select...
Detroit
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this location and, while we found the accommodations and price to be reasonable, we were a bit taken back by customer service issues. On two of the three days of our stay, we went to the front desk for general questions and requests and were quite appalled at the service given by a young middle-eastern girl who tried to brush us off at first. Once, when we stayed to have our questions answered, her responses were short and quite tepid. At one point she told us how busy she was (even though there was no one else around) and that she could not help us. The second time, as soon as she saw us coming toward the desk, she immediately picked up the phone, started dialing someone, and then started carrying on a conversation in her (non-English) language and would not even look at us to acknowledge we were there. She continued on this conversation until we finally gave up and walked away.

As mentioned, the accommodations were fine but I highly doubt we'll be back due to the service issues we encountered. It's too bad because I have many family members in the Chicago area and we were starting to scout locations for a huge family reunion next year. This location would have been great and we would have easily secured 15 rooms or more for our function. I believe there is another Country Inns near there that we may check out on our next trip.

Room Tip: Even though this is near an airport with planes flying overhead, we barely noticed them once inside...
Martinsville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Loved this property. Very clean and nice breakfast. They need to stock more food to buy for people who come in late from the airport and need something to eat. Great hotel for park and fly. Spirit Airlines is very cheap and flying out of O'Hare for a good rate makes the communute from Indy worth it with a family.
Good breakfast in the morning.
Pool was nice and so was the jaccazi.
Every hour transfer to O'hare which is great.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the golf course for quieter room.
Warsaw, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Room was very clean and had a nice tv with a good selection of channels. If you stay here, order from the Italian place they have the menu for in the lobby. You can share a meal from there and it is very good!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Westland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Let me start off with the good things about this hotel. It looks nice on the outside when you're driving up. The people were nice, they have a cute little bookshelf where you can borrow books (and if you don't finish you can take home and return during your next trip). There was a door that closed off the suit from the bedroom, which was really helpful when you have a 4 month old staying in one room. However we ended up not even being able to close the door (more on that later) That's where the positives end. We booked a room with two queen beds and the suit, however when we got there, they were out of those rooms. So we got a room with one king bed and the suit. Which is very difficult when you 5 adults and 2 kids. They did bring us a cot, which did not fit well anywhere so we had to use the mattress on the floor. Luckily we also brought an air mattress. One of the biggest problems was that if we closed the door between the room and the suit, it got incredibly hot in the sitting room. Even with the door left open and the air conditioning on as low as it would go (which made the bedroom ridiculously cold) we still had to buy a fan to put in the sitting room so we could sleep comfortably. The couch had a big rip on the back of it, and some undefinable stains on the cushions, and that's just the beginning of the couch. At the end of an exhausting day of trying to make room for everyone, we pulled out the sofa bed, and there was blood stains all of the sheets. It was disgusting! One would think that while cleaning the room someone would clean the sofa bed, and take those sheets off. They didn't come and change the sheets for us, we had to get the sheets and remake the bed ourselves. I slept near the wall on an air mattress, and noticed some yellowish stains on the wall itself. The next day we decided to go for a swim. At first I was thinking the pool would be the nicest part (the water was very cold and I'm a fan of that), and then my 5 year old niece noticed a spider at the bottom of the pool! It was awful. After swimming I decided to take a shower, I got in, turned the shower on and it made a terrible high pitched siren type noise. Needless to say I took a very quick shower. Overall I was incredibly disappointed in the hotel, and probably would not stay there again if they gave us a free room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Online Customer Support, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group at Country Inn & Suites O'Hare South, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for the experience you had during your visit. We are addressing these issues with management, especially regarding cleanliness, and room assignment, as you should have been accommodated to the room in which you reserved. We assure you this is not common, and hope this does not reflect poorly upon our brand. If you have any further concerns you would like to address, please contact us at ccare@carlsonrezidor.com and we would be happy to address and resolve any other issues.
Washington, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

A group from our church recently went on a mission trip and we were flying out of O'Hare so we chose to stay here to park & fly rather than paying for O'Hare parking. I'm glad we did - the rooms were clean, bathrooms had lots of counter space, and the shower head was fairly tall so I didn't have to do squats to wash my hair (I'm 6'4''). The free breakfast area is one of the largest I've seen and accommodated our large group very well with a good assortment of hot and cold choices. The shuttle driver was extremely courteous and helpful since we had some special needs that morning (had a vehicle follow to O'Hare and then follow the shuttle back to the hotel to park). We didn't use it but the pool area looked clean & well maintained. Desk staff was also very courteous and professional.

One minor thing - this property is next to a golf course and there aren't any eating options within walking distance. However there were many restaurants that appeared to deliver to the hotel, and I'm sure the staff could recommend something based on your preferences.

Upon returning from our mission trip, the shuttle service was again excellent. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites O'Hare South? Share your experiences!