“Pay for parking?!?!?!?” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bedford Park
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Pay for parking?!?!?!?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have to say that the employees of the hotel were great..very courteous, but the hotel is in need of an upgrade. The worst is the hidden cost that you have to pay to park...$15 minimum because you are so close to the midway airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Front Desk was absolutely amazing! Hector exceeded expectations by first checking me in, then helping me by calling the Shakespeare theater asking if I could keep my luggage in a safe spot so I could see a matinee before my afternoon flight. He then helped me by showing me how to purchase tickets. After that he gave me a map that showed me how the train worked. I couldn't have had the kind of experience I had in Chicago without him and all of his help. The others at the front desk also supplied me extra help by calling taxis and car services for me and helping me with times and being super super friendly. Always a smile on there face. I felt right at home and I felt like they CARED. Thanks Hector and to the staff at Sleep Inn for your wonderful service!

Room Tip: Bottom floor room but still very quiet and great for the night.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Mason City, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We started our vacation here to fly out of Midway. Using the park and fly rate it was very reasonable. The staff is EXCELLENT! The front desk very helpful. We left to early to get breakfast---7 AM is too late to start breakfast when you have an early flight. The shuttle is quick and ran on time for us. The rooms are tiny and there is only a shower and a tiny bathroom.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Recently stayed at the propery based on other tripadvisor reviews. The property is situated next to 4 other major hotel chains but, much cheaper. There is a charge for parking, $14. The shuttle leaves every 20 minutes, 24 hours a day and it is less than 10 minutes to Midway. The front desk staff, Nettie was very friendly and helpful. There are several restaurants near by both fast food and sitdown. The breakfast in the morning is a continental breakfast, with make your own waffles and a meat entree. The rooms were normal size and clean.. A few things to keep in mind, They do not have a microwave or refrigerator in them. The Wifi was easy to access. The beds were comfortable and had enough pillows. The shower and sink both drained without any issues. One other recommendation is one side of the hotel faces a busy street, I would reccommend getting a room facing the other side if you are sensitive to nearby traffic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Upon check in I was not impressed in the least with the front desk clerk that "welcomed me" in. She was a elder stateswoman...She was sarcastic, disinterested, and had a propensity to chide. And for what? This is still something I am contemplating..In saying that I am not of the position to state "one bad apple spoils the whole bunch". Because overall this hotel is run pretty well. I know this because I work for choice hotels. The GM Emma was outstanding and very personable. Lisa the front desk clerk was awesome as well. Lisa gives you the face that you want to see, she gives you the intellect that you expect. Lisa was not "fake" in any form or fashion...Breakfast was decent however not exceptional. Ham and hardboiled eggs as the staple for breakfast is not something to gloat over. Perhaps choice hotels corporate needs to take a long look at this. Breakfast for what was given was stocked which I appreciated. Housekeeping was outstanding...these girls that work in this part of the hotel really know how to get it done. Overall I had a good experience and inspite of the flaws I have presented this is certainly a hotel you want to frequent if you are flying into midway airport. So in closing take it from a Choice Hotel employee...overall you will be satisfied with this property. This sleep inn is a work in progress (as most properties are) however with tweaking this and that it can certainly be a exceptional property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bedford Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Sleep Inns front desk rep. Nettie saved me!
My company made a huge mistake and booked me for 10 days in a hotel that was dirty, unsafe and offered no amenities. After placing a call to corporate, I was moved the next day and told my next 9 days would be at the Sleep Inn. I worked 12 hrs then went to check in only to be told my reservation was cancelled. Nettie got on the phone with my company and got me in a room. The next day through an email I found out I have to check out on Friday only to check into another hotel an hour away. I asked Nettie if she could help and she said just have your company call me again and i will straighten it out. She did just that! When my company asked me if I would return to Chicago for another week, my reply was, "only if you can book me at the Sleep Inn" The location is 10 mins. from work, and close to WalMart and Target. You can find a lot of great restaurants close and the area is not bad for someone who travels alone.
The rest of the staff is very helpful as well.
Recommended:)

Room Tip: If you are offered a handicap room, take it because they have tubs:)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
EMMA P, General Manager at Sleep Inn Midway Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your review!! Nettie was very happy to read your review and that she was able to give you service that would make you want to return!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I travel in and out of Midway Airport and sometimes come in very late and though I do not have business in the areas it makes sense to stay close the first night and other times I just want to be close for the airport the next day. This hotel is reasonably priced with a very friendly and attentive staff. Shuttle access is very easy and they have a decent, albeit almost all carb free breakfast and the breakfast area is clean, well maintained and stocked. Rooms are nothing exceptional, small but well appointed, and could stand remodeling. But the hotel is clean and well maintained. The neighborhood is not the best but this is in a hotel cluster which provides pretty good security and access to restaurants in the cluster and a nice little Mexican restaurant across the street. If you do like I do and use this hotel as a portal to Chicago remember that you can take the shuttle back to the airport and find shuttle and bus service as well as the L there. Try not to stray too far from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
EMMA P, General Manager at Sleep Inn Midway Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to post your review. Our guests feedback is very valuable to us in our efforts to improve our service to customers like you!

Been to Sleep Inn Midway Airport? Share your experiences!