“"Extended Stay America is committed to ensuring you a clean room at a reasonable rate." <- wasn't so sure about that.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Bedford Park
Moline, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Booked thru priceline.. reasonable rates must mean no access to hot water. Checked in easy enough with a friendly attendant, but after a long night and in need of a hot or at the very least warm shower was greeted with cold water. No matter if you turned the knob north, south, or east, west, it would not warm up in below 30 degree weather. Informed the front desk, was told maintenance would be up first thing in the morning, "guess what" never showed. So within a 4 day stay, every time I went to shower it felt like I was jumping in Lake Michigan, which in freezing Windy City weather in the middle of springtime was not fun whatsoever. Secondly, my mom who has C-pap machine checks for a outlet nearby the desk with an unplugged alarm clock on it, scoots the desk over and they were littered dog treats everywhere with no outlet oddly enough. Although, on the surface it seemed clean enough... make me think the room was smeared over. Come on.. ... Was told the manager would be informed an that was it. Positives... decent grab-n-go breakfast, quiet hotel, nearby malls. I want to give a better rate, but cold showers and leftover doggy treats turned me off to an otherwise decent hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

Staff was very friendly from the counter to the house cleaning. We were allowed to park our car there while we flew out of midway for 10 days. price of room was not much more then long term parking at airport. could use more upgrade television provider..couldnt watch the blackhawks in chicago

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with our parking accommodations as well as our friendly staff. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

My family and I recently had our flight cancelled at the Midway airport and didn't have our luggage. The hotel manager and staff were extremely nice and were a tremendous help while we were there. Even though we didn't have our luggage or transportation, they helped us get what we needed while we were there. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I were in the area.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, March 26, 2015
It is so rewarding to read that you had a great and accommodating stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to make your family stay easier considering your circumstances. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Hyderabad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

I happen to check in to this place - because I had no choice - it just happened . My company booked it as last minute option.

Location is good - you can take a bus to Mid-way train station by just walking to bustop ( 54B)
In 2 km range you have all that you will need - food, supermarket etc..
Laundry is good and economical - the give you - machine, drier and detergent for a dollar each.
No complains. - Basic hotel with a decent kitchen.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel and the location. I'm pleased to read that you appreciated our convenient amenities and location. The staff and I are pleased to have provided you with a room that met your needs. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

I made a reservation with this facility based on obtaining a job in the Chicago area. The room was reserved with a credit card. The day after making the reservation I found out the job fell through for that particular time period. I called to cancel the reservation and was told that I was a couple hours past the 24 hour cancellation period, therefore I could not cancel the reservation. If I did not show up on 9/19/2014 my credit card was going to be charged regardless.

I attempted to explain the circumstances to the young lady, who became quickly hostile while telling me I was hooked. I told her that when I found out exactly when the job would start that I had planned to reschedule. Because I did not have a definite date and could not reschedule at that moment that I was still hooked. No ifs, ands or buts about the situation.

After reading the many negative reviews I will never use any of this chains facilities. Word of mouth is the only recourse I have towards this unwelcoming policy. I will pass this information along to everyone and anyone I come in contact with. I will post a negative review regarding the business practicies of the Extended Stay America every opportunity that comes my way and will seek out others to make another choice.

Gloria E. Goodman

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Gloria - Thank you for providing us with the details of your stay. We were disheartened to read that you encountered difficulties while canceling your reservation. Please accept our most sincere apologies. In response to your feedback, we are reviewing our cancellation policies with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Please contact us at MID@extendedstay.com if you would like to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Friendly service BUT not for non smokers. The room we had was never listed on booking.com as a smoking room or a smoking hotel. This hotel was SO smoky . Our room smell so strong it was all over our clothes. Terrible Room was dark and a little dated . Over priced for what you get, and I`m not that picky. It was the smoke smell that over whelmed us. I would never wright a review but I don`t want other who don`t smoke to not at least have a heads up.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Scott - Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are glad that you had quality service; however, we are disappointed to hear about the smoke odor in your room. In response to your feedback, we will inspect and deep clean each of our rooms to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Oakland, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I did not chose this hotel by myself. It was provided by hotwire.com after a full payment. I thought that $78 per night was a fair price for two stars motel. Hotwire does not guaranty room type at the time of booking. I used hotwire.com many times before and stayed in different class hotels (from two stars to four stars, depending on circumstances) and I had never have a problem with room selection. At this time I traveled with my 83 years old father and I made reservation for two people for three nights. I did not expect much beside clean room with fresh air.
When we arrived at the hotel in the late evening, we were told by front desk person that he can only offer us a one bed room, because we booked room on hotwhire.com.
After I refused to sleep in the same bed with my father, he told us that hotel completely booked and only other room he can offer us is a smoking room with two beds. To add insult to injury, he said that he will “give us a favor and will not charge extra for additional bed”.
I and my father are both not smokers and in addition to that my father has a lungs problems. For all my requests to do something about this situation the answer was that nothing could be done. At this point we had no choice but stay in smoking room that night.
Open window could not help our suffering from the disgusting choking odor in the room.
Next morning when I looked at the window I noticed that the side parking completely deserted and I did not see even one car on the parking lot. I came to the front desk, explained my situation to another front desk person and ask for room change. I was told again that hotel is 100% booked regardless of empty parking lots and nothing could be done to help me and my father and what I should not book thru hotwire.com if I do not want to sleep in the same bed with my father or sleep in a smoking room. At the end we had to spend three miserable nights at this hotel. It was the worst hotel experience in my life. I would not mention such a minor things like odor in hallways, stained carpet in the room, hair in bath tab, non-working light fixture and so on. I could live with that, but spending three night in a “gas chamber” was too much for me and my elderly father.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you were placed in a smoking room during your stay with us. To uphold our company's high standards we will carefully monitor our room inventory during peak sell out nights to avoid placing non smoking guests in smoking rooms. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at MID@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway? Share your experiences!