“Good for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Bedford Park
Hyderabad
“Good for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

I happen to check in to this place - because I had no choice - it just happened . My company booked it as last minute option.

Location is good - you can take a bus to Mid-way train station by just walking to bustop ( 54B)
In 2 km range you have all that you will need - food, supermarket etc..
Laundry is good and economical - the give you - machine, drier and detergent for a dollar each.
No complains. - Basic hotel with a decent kitchen.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel and the location. I'm pleased to read that you appreciated our convenient amenities and location. The staff and I are pleased to have provided you with a room that met your needs. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

I made a reservation with this facility based on obtaining a job in the Chicago area. The room was reserved with a credit card. The day after making the reservation I found out the job fell through for that particular time period. I called to cancel the reservation and was told that I was a couple hours past the 24 hour cancellation period, therefore I could not cancel the reservation. If I did not show up on 9/19/2014 my credit card was going to be charged regardless.

I attempted to explain the circumstances to the young lady, who became quickly hostile while telling me I was hooked. I told her that when I found out exactly when the job would start that I had planned to reschedule. Because I did not have a definite date and could not reschedule at that moment that I was still hooked. No ifs, ands or buts about the situation.

After reading the many negative reviews I will never use any of this chains facilities. Word of mouth is the only recourse I have towards this unwelcoming policy. I will pass this information along to everyone and anyone I come in contact with. I will post a negative review regarding the business practicies of the Extended Stay America every opportunity that comes my way and will seek out others to make another choice.

Gloria E. Goodman

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Gloria - Thank you for providing us with the details of your stay. We were disheartened to read that you encountered difficulties while canceling your reservation. Please accept our most sincere apologies. In response to your feedback, we are reviewing our cancellation policies with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Please contact us at MID@extendedstay.com if you would like to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Friendly service BUT not for non smokers. The room we had was never listed on booking.com as a smoking room or a smoking hotel. This hotel was SO smoky . Our room smell so strong it was all over our clothes. Terrible Room was dark and a little dated . Over priced for what you get, and I`m not that picky. It was the smoke smell that over whelmed us. I would never wright a review but I don`t want other who don`t smoke to not at least have a heads up.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Scott - Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are glad that you had quality service; however, we are disappointed to hear about the smoke odor in your room. In response to your feedback, we will inspect and deep clean each of our rooms to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Oakland, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I did not chose this hotel by myself. It was provided by hotwire.com after a full payment. I thought that $78 per night was a fair price for two stars motel. Hotwire does not guaranty room type at the time of booking. I used hotwire.com many times before and stayed in different class hotels (from two stars to four stars, depending on circumstances) and I had never have a problem with room selection. At this time I traveled with my 83 years old father and I made reservation for two people for three nights. I did not expect much beside clean room with fresh air.
When we arrived at the hotel in the late evening, we were told by front desk person that he can only offer us a one bed room, because we booked room on hotwhire.com.
After I refused to sleep in the same bed with my father, he told us that hotel completely booked and only other room he can offer us is a smoking room with two beds. To add insult to injury, he said that he will “give us a favor and will not charge extra for additional bed”.
I and my father are both not smokers and in addition to that my father has a lungs problems. For all my requests to do something about this situation the answer was that nothing could be done. At this point we had no choice but stay in smoking room that night.
Open window could not help our suffering from the disgusting choking odor in the room.
Next morning when I looked at the window I noticed that the side parking completely deserted and I did not see even one car on the parking lot. I came to the front desk, explained my situation to another front desk person and ask for room change. I was told again that hotel is 100% booked regardless of empty parking lots and nothing could be done to help me and my father and what I should not book thru hotwire.com if I do not want to sleep in the same bed with my father or sleep in a smoking room. At the end we had to spend three miserable nights at this hotel. It was the worst hotel experience in my life. I would not mention such a minor things like odor in hallways, stained carpet in the room, hair in bath tab, non-working light fixture and so on. I could live with that, but spending three night in a “gas chamber” was too much for me and my elderly father.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you were placed in a smoking room during your stay with us. To uphold our company's high standards we will carefully monitor our room inventory during peak sell out nights to avoid placing non smoking guests in smoking rooms. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at MID@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Cleveland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Upon check in, the 'non-smoking' room I booked smelled like an ashtray. The desk clerk 'fixed' this by running up to spray some air freshener in the room while we waited. Very effective. HA! We looked past the hair in the tub, the dirty vanity (since this is largely a do-it-yourself- motel),.. the fist size hole in the wall behind the door, and the laminate hardwood flooring that was peeling up and was a hazard if you didn't watch where you were walking. What I could not overlook was the air conditioning unit that broke down EVERY SINGLE day of our visit. The maintenance crew would only come work while you were out. And then when we returned, the room was cool for an hour at best. Underneath polyester bedding, and on a rock hard bed, that made for some sweaty uncomfortable nights. 4 out of 5 of our nights were spent with NO AIR CONDITIONING. After 4 days of airing out, I'm selling my luggage because of the steeped in cigarette smoke smell, and vowing to NEVER visit this brand, particularly this hotel again. I've used the occasional emergency Motel 6 and had better results. The nearby Home Depot sells industrial strength air freshener, but don't bother, it won't kill the cigarette odor. I gave up coffee for 5 days because of the looks of the coffee maker. The phone never worked, BUT was replaced with one that blinked for the whole stay. I could go on and on.....just skip this dump.

Room Tip: Keep driving North and stay at the competition. It's worth the extra. The 'kitchen' you...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Michael - I appreciate you providing feedback about your stay at our hotel and am sorry to hear that it did not meet your expectations. Please know, I am taking your comments very seriously and am working with the staff to improve our services. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I thought this hotel was below average. We checked in early no problem there. But they over charged us big time! So much so my check card wouldn't work. I called the bank and asked why my check card was not working they said because I was charged over $3,000.00 for the room so they closed by card. I was shocked! Please take the time and check your hotel bill.

After that we went to our room seem to be clean but the sink still had dirty dishes. And the both our garbage still had trash in it. Really!?! The bathroom only had one shop bar. No shampoo or anything. So you have to bring your own. Also that kitchen has no sponge or dish soap so pack your own.

The beds looked clean, until you take off the top sheet. Our bed sheets had stains! And holes in it. Come on, really!?! Not pleased.....

Our stay could have been better if there was more care involved.

So even though it wasn't the worst stay I would have to say that its below average.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the condition of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to my staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, I truly apologize for the billing error on your credit card. Please know, I have reviewed our billing procedures with the entire staff so this issue is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me, at mid@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was originally scheduled to stay at one of the hotels closer to MDW but had some financial issues come up so had to adjust my schedule and such and using priceline found this property,,, looked nice and good location i was familiar with so tried it. Staff was great from check in to check out. Room was compact but full of features. would be fine for a longer stay but also ok size for just 2 nights. used the local target which was very close by (walking distance) to get some supplies so i could reduce my fast food needs. staff was nice all the time, the breakfast bar was a lil small but enough to launch one into the day when teamed with the in room coffee maker. The ONLY drawback to this hotel was lack of shuttle to MDW. Its about 3/4 mile walk to the local CTA bus stop which in aug wasnt bad but this is Chicago,,, winters are a pain but since most guests are long timers assuming they have cars,,,, Other than that great experience.

Room Tip: stay indoors as it gets cold in winter lol
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Joel - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so glad that your last minute change of plans turned out to be the right decision. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we are pleased to know that you liked our hotel's offerings as well as the service our team offered.

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Midway? Share your experiences!