“Residence Inn Midway - Highly Recommended!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Bedford Park
Illinois
“Residence Inn Midway - Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I were travelling with 4 other couples and needed a park, stay, and fly near Midway. We'd never flown out of Midway before and just by chance booked 5 rooms at the Residence Inn. Beautiful rooms, clean and well-maintained facility, and a staff that would rival any facility's for friendliness, efficiency, and attentiveness.

Room Tip: All five of our rooms were well-appointed and comfortable. I don't think there is a bad one in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn along with your friends! I appreciate the great comments and will be sure to share with my team. I look forward to your return visit when your travels bring you back to this area.

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have always stayed at Residence Inn as a Silver elite member, and once again chose this hotel while in Chicago over all the others. As usual, good room, space, excellent breakfast, but Paige, who is the hardest working, happiest Marriott employee I have ever met, compelled me to write the review. Feeling very low after dropping my son off, she impressed me so much with her can-do attitude, NEVER ENDING SMILE, and warmth, I got back to being myself again. People are always the biggest asset in the hotel business, because the physical facilities mean little without the human touch. Thank you Paige, thank you Residence Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to single out Paige. She is incredible and she receives many outstanding guest comments. I am glad that she was able to make your stay better and memoreable!

East Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Excellent. Clean, comfy and smells great. Breakfast is fresh and varied. Staff is friendly and professional. I stay here regularly when traveling for business. Lots of places to go eat right within walking distance. I recommend this hotel to my coworkers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for the 5 star rating and recommending the hotel! Our goal is to make all of our guests feel as if this hotel is their home away from home. I appreciate the time you took to provide feedback and this will be shared with the staff!

Thank you!
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was my first time in Chicago and I was just looking for a nice place to rest for a couple days. Happy to discover I made a good choice. There were no additional charges for parking or internet, then again I reserved through Orbitz and it was rather high so maybe they were included in the room rate. The front desk guy was nice enough, but the bellman ran outside to use his cellphone as soon as I entered. Fortunately I prefer to move my own bags, but him chatting away, completely ignoring me without even an offer of assistance bugged me. He was the low point of the stay.

My room was great, when I walked in it smelled good. Not perfumey or toxic with cleaners. Just good. It had a full size refrigerator in a very clean kitchen. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The tables and the light switches were clean (which I am picky about). The bed and pillows were comfortable and the bathroom was nice. I took a great hot shower and ordered delivery from TGIF. Even the delivery guy was nice and the food was Delicious! (I tried Coach's the next day and I would not recommend.) The flat screen was large (No HGTV)and I could connect my camera and laptop to it. I could hear voices next door but only when I was in the kitchen and the people were not loud. I have stayed in several Marriott brands since this one and none of them come close. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I appreciate the time you took to provide feedback stemming from your stay. I am curious is you have the right hotel as we do not have bellman on property since we are a select service hotel and from your comments, this was the low point of your stay.

The comments regarding cleanliness and the staff are always appreciated and I would not want to take credit if you were referring to one of the other properties at the Midway Complex.

If you would like to discuss this, I can be reached at 708-458-7790.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was our 3rd trip to Chicago, and this was by far the best hotel experience to date. This will be our hotel of choice next time we visit Chicago. We had been traveling all day and were exhausted by the time we arrived. We were greeted by your outstanding front desk staff. THe room was incredible and the bed was just what was needed after a long day. The hotel staff was top notch all the way around! You won't go wrong with staying here.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor couldn't even tell others were in the hotel with us.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for the great review and especially mentioning that this is your hotel of choice when you are in Chicago. The entire staff does their best to make each of our guests feel welcomed and we know that we are successful when our guests come back.

We love forward to your return visit!

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels and this one ranks at the top.I stayed during the Christmas holiday and they made me feel like family. Everyone is very pleasant,helpful and just good to the core. Many times I needed something little to finish a project and whoever was working the front desk was very helpful. The food for breakfast was great.

Room Tip: all are good and the cleaning crew was great
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for the gracious comments! My staff and I try to make our guests feel like they are our extended family and I am always appreciative when someone recognizes this. I will be certain to share your comments with my staff.

Prairie Village, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Utilized a few Reward Certificates from Marriott for our stay. This catagory 4 property is the closest to downtown from what I found, and was perfect for me and my family. Front desk staff was very welcoming and Gaby, our breakfast host, was so accommodating we felt like we actually had table service! She cleared our plates and always said, "My Pleasure" when we said "Thank You". When travelign with an 8 month old and a 4 year old, these little extras really mean a lot. Marriott really tries harder than other properties and it shows.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMRIMidway, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Midway, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
We are a pet and family friendly hotel that is in close proximity to the city of Chicago.
Thank you for choosing this property and for giving us high marks. We would be happy to have you and your family back anytime!

Maria Middleton Nied

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Midway? Share your experiences!