“Excellent Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bedford Park
Grand Haven, Michigan
“Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

From the time we checked in for our sleep, park and fly to the time we checked out the next morning the staff was outstanding. Without fail, every employee we encountered was helpful, friendly and truly seemed to enjoy their job. Breakfast was a step above the typical included meal. The hot foods offered were actually HOT, the flavor was better than most and the variety was substantial. Our room was a typical Residence Inn with separate bedroom, kitchen and the basic amenities. It was well kept and clean as expected and decorated in a contemporary motif. The shuttle to and from the airport was efficient, ran as scheduled (every 20 minutes) and the drivers were polite and friendly, unlike some drivers we've had at other hotels.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I was delighted with my stay at the Residence Inn. I stayed overnight for shopping and sightseeing in Chicago. I am new to the Chicago's trains system and I was relieved with the simplicity of travel from downtown to Midway Airport. Just a 30 minute ride on the Orange Line. I took advantage of the hotel's complimentary shuttle service to get from Midway Airtport to the hotel.

The hotel is exactly like the advertsed description. New and clean and cozy. My room had a big, beautiful kitchen and a very nice living area along with a comfortable bed and bath. The staff was very accommodating. When I arrived, families were playing basketball and swimming. When I return, I plan to take advantage of the grocery shopping service offered by the hotel. The staff will stock your fridge for you!

Overall, a great place to stay when exploring Chicago.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Milton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

From a warm welcome upon arrival to superb dinner recommendations, the staff aim to please. The continential breakfast is exceptional, including everything from waffles, muffins, pancakes, eggs, yogurt, cereal, sausage, biscuits & gravy & more, you won't go hungry. The rooms are well appointed with all the amenities you will need. The hotel is very close to the airport and includes shuttle services to and from. You can easily catch the subway into the city from the airport if you'd like. I would highly recommend this hotel, you will enjoy your stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Nothing negative to say...all was good. Unfortuantely, the pool was out of order during our visit...which didn't go over well with the children. But other than that...had a great two-night stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

When we arrived at the Chicago Midway Airport for what for what we thought was a short lay over had turned in to an overnight stay. With having stayed at a Residence Inn a couple other times we gave them a call. With all the snow we were not dressed for the great Chicago area so food was an issue. When we arrived at the hotel we found the staff had ordered in food and drinks. What a blessing! They made us fell welcomed the minute we walked through the door.. The hotel and room was very clean and comfotable. They went out of their way to make our stay the best.. I would highly would recommend my friends and family to stay with Maria and her staff if ever in the area...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Harrison, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We arrived for a quick vacation on a Wednesday night. The man at the front desk was extremely helpful with explaining how to get the shuttle that would take us to the L station at the airport. He also gave us great information and a map of Chicago and showed us where the L stations were in town. We felt very welcomed and informed. The shuttle to the airport was very nice and free! The shuttle runs every 20 min. The drivers we had were friendly. The shuttle does serve the all of the hotels in the complex so plan for extra time for stops. Our room was huge and clean. I slept better than I have in a long time in a hotel room. My kids loved having their own room and TV. The pool was huge, clean and warm. The woman working the breakfast area was fantastic!! She actually came to our table and removed our dirty plates. I have never had that happen before. The breakfast was well stocked and the food was good. The only problem was finding the hotel in the dark. It is in an area that has quite a few hotels and finding the correct driveway was difficult. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I stayed at the Residence Inn - Midway on a recent business trip and, quite frankly, wasn't expecting much; I certainly didn't anticipate the stay resulting in a tripadvisor review. I travel quite a bit each year but NEVER have I stayed at property with a more delightful staff. From check in to check out every employee at this hotel was courteous, friendly and helpful. I arrived a few hours later than anticipated and thought my dinner would be delivery pizza or the chocolate bar at the bottom of my carry-on. Was I ever suprised to see that several restaurants deliver until 10 and 11 o'clock at night; yes - there were even menus in the room. Both my room and the hotel, in general, were very clean and comfortable. (For those on you who are light sleepers like myself - the fan on the thermostat was perfect for drowning out background noise!)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Midway? Share your experiences!