“Too loud and too much grease” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 70 Restaurants in Batavia
Cuisines: American
Batavia, Illinois
“Too loud and too much grease”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited on a recommendation of a friend. We were disappointed. I had the grilled chicken and she had a hamburger. Our food was so greasy that we felt sick after eating it. The seating is nice, but the eating area was extremely loud. To be fair, we visited during the dinner hour and it was very busy. Service was fine with just a few minutes wait for our food. My friend says Smashburger is great and visits frequently. I guess it is all based on what you are accustomed to eating.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Great burgers and chicken Awesome staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The employees are super helpful (especially considering it was my first time dining at Smash Burger). They were also very professional and polite. I had the Baja Burger. It was spicy and delicious. I loved the fresh jalapeños, guacamole and spicy mayo that came on it. I also tried the fries. They have rosemary on them and aren't too salty. Great place!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Geneva, Illinois
“Great Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Never had a bad sandwich here, including the grilled chicken. Check out the sweet potato fries and the Chicago burger on pretzel bun!

Visited May 2013
Rio Verde, Arizona
“Give me a five guys any day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

2nd time trying smash burger and have the same opinion…ok, but not good. Too heavy on the condiments. Sweet potato fries are ok they are just over cooked. If you don't like mustard don't get a burger with their special sauce. Store design is simple. Store was clean. Think I will stick with five guys.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“good food and good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Can't beat a good burger and this place always delivers! Staff is wonderful and food is great with a price that can't be beat.

Visited December 2012