“A local find in Barrington” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Barrington Country Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 65 Restaurants in Barrington
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hart Road
Transit: Barrington Metra 1.5 miles away.
Description: energizing the bistro tradition with contemporary flair, barrington country bistro is the new bistronomy -- bistro cuisine interpreted for today's gastronome.
Chicago
“A local find in Barrington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was told by neighbors that I should enjoy this gem in Barrington. I usually go to Chicago for a special night but this time I took my guests to the Bistro. It was busy on the Tuesday before Juky 4th and we had a delightful evening. The server was so well informed on the menu items and and answered numerous questions as we a person with some restrictions. Server also shared that this item was better than that item, etc.I was surprised to see our soft shell crabs come out on two plates as we mentioned they would be shared - great service again. All appetizers and entrees used fresh ingredients and were top-notch; cous cous with lamp, pesto pasta dish, and game hen. Pricing is strong for the area but not as high as downtown but a very good value if you enjoy a dining expeerience. Well done Bistro and I will be back.

• Visited July 2012

Chicago
“Fading?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

This was a standard of quality and service at affordable prices. The dining has slipped. My calf's liver was chewy and my partner's fish slightly over done. Salad proved delightful with taste and texture. Wines over priced or under poured. Pick one. Service was average not up to previous visits.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“One of a handful of excellent restaurants in the Northwest burbs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Excellence in every way - good atmosphere, great service and deliciously prepared food with a French flair.

Visited May 2012
East Coast
“One of the best meals I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Visited the Bistro on May 19th. First time there, so didn't know what to expect. We had a party of four. I cannot say enough about how wonderful the food and service was. It had to be one of the best dinners I have ever had. The server was excellent, attentive and knowledgeable. The food arrived with perfect timing - not too fast and not too slow. All the food was fresh and cooked to perfection. We preordered dessert, because we wanted to apple tart and the souffle - they were both out of this world! We will definitely be back.

• Visited May 2012
Barrington, Illinois
“Wine Dinner--Absolutely Remarkable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We recently attended a wine dinner at Barrington Country Bistro. We probably eat at BCC 5 or 6 times a year, but have never attended a wine dinner.

If you think the BCC always performs at a high level (as I do) you might be surprised to know that the wine dinner menu was even more elegant than usual. The ingredients and preparation were simply outstanding... the best meal I have ever had at BCC (and i am always happy, never unhappy there.)

Did I also mention that the wine dinner is priced very reasonably? $65 for 4 courses and 4 wines.

• Visited May 2012