“King of the Cage and Birthday Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Coeur D'Alene Casino Resort Hotel
37914 South Nukwalqw, PO Box 236, Worley, ID 83876   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Worley
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“King of the Cage and Birthday Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I are both fans of MMA and since the King of the Cage event was happening the day before his birthday we decided to make a night of it.

Front desk was very helpful with checking in, but could use a bit of training on where guests can find things. (Such as a guest says they need a phone charger, because they left theirs at home, the Conoco had iPhone chargers.)

Was a bit surprised that everything in the casino besides gaming and the one concession stand shuts down for food options at 11pm. (Which is how we ended up at the Conoco). Don't know why I thought it would be like Vegas and things would be open all night.

Love that the non-smoking section is expanded so that is a bonus!

Will be back for more fights when they happen, but not sure we would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Vaughn, Montana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

It's a great place to visit, especially if you plan on gambling. We played some Bingo and a little on the slot machines. But the things we really enjoyed was the spa and restaurants. We mainly went to try out all the weekend buffets. They had seafood on Friday, Surf and Turf on Saturday and BBQ on Sunday.
The Breakfast buffet was okay, but my husband tried the Eggs Benedict and said the English Muffin was so hard he couldn't even cut it with a knife. So he just ate the center out of it and left the muffin. I enjoyed getting up early to go workout in the fitness room, because that time of morning, hardly anyone was around. It's interesting to see a casino that quiet.

Room Tip: If you have a military background you can get a military discount on the rooms. They had other disco...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Redtail bar was awesome. Food was super. The food at the Chinock restaurant was the worst steak I've had in a long time.It wasn't cooked right and very tough.For 32.00 it should have been perfect. Lets just say its wasn't very good anniversary dinner. But we payed and won't be back.

Room Tip: King size bed was really bad. I wouldn't recommended to anyone.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Seattle WA area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed here one night on my way to Seattle. I saw the billboard on I-90 and thought what the heck, I'll go check it out. My last trip, I stayed at the Northern Quest Resort and Casino west of Spokane (beautiful hotel, terrible casino - see my review) so I didn't want to stay there again.

The hotel is about 25 miles south of Coeur d'Alene and the drive is beautiful. Gorgeous country. The hotel/casino grounds are beautiful. The public areas of the hotel are also beautiful. The woman checking me in was very nice. My room was nice. My only complaint was the beds have bedspreads (ick) instead of duvet covers. If they're going to call themselves a 'resort hotel', I would expect duvet covers.

I was very happy with the casino. Very large non-smoking area and large smoking area - well separated. I played for several hours and if I had any will power, I could have left ahead of the game but who does that? This casino was night and day better than the Northern Qwest casino. Skip that one and come here instead.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
RedDeer
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I've stayed here 3 time's a year for the last 5 years, the last few times it's getting worse. bigger is not always better. I just find the front desk people act like they don't want to be there, the rooms have always been clean. the tv, or cable is horrible, the elevators on the old side are a joke. this was a nice place a few years back, but it's sliding down

Room Tip: The new side has very nice room's, room's away from the parking lot are quieter, but on the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Clovis, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel is about 28 miles south of Couer d'Alene. The "pet" rooms are nicer than I expected. we asked for ground level and got it. It was close to the doors which is good since our dog is a little older. the only noise we heard was outside. We faced the parking lot. The window opened which was nice after a long day of traveling and it was windy. The room was as clean as we could expect it with the thought of high dog traffic.Plenty of areas outside the back entries for your pet to smell. The beds were comfortable, a little too soft but comfortable. The golf course is nice and in good shape. The casino has a non smoking section too!. They have no actual tables to play blackjack, its all computerized with a real dealer to help you along. Its a great alternative if you don't want the big city action.

Room Tip: They have a pet wing, its ground level to the left of the entrance. We were in room 1123. Ground lev...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
CDAcasino, Public Relations Manager at Coeur D'Alene Casino Resort Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Next time you are visiting, our staff would be happy to move you to the Deluxe Rooms, if space is available, for a more comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you and your four-legged friend very soon!
Elizabeth City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

This hotel consists of two different sections to it. The Mountain Lodge is the original hotel to the casino and features a woods like decor to it. The Spa Towers is the newest addition opened in 2011 and has luxery rooms overlooking the famed golf course they have. The biggest and best credit that I can possibly give is the outstanding service that their housekeeping dept has. Although checkin is at 4:00 pm, sometimes guests might be a little delayed in getting their rooms. The housekeeping staff are hard at work to insure that your room is totally spotless, clean and comfortable so if there is a wait, it is well worth it to know that no details were overlooked. I have been able to personally observe their cleaning methods and I don't know of any other hotel including any 5-diamonds that could probably match the high quality of cleaniliness this property prides itself for. By comparison, a 5-star hotel in Las Vegas only allows their staff a period of 12 min. to strip and clean the room entirely. It's probably doubtful that they actually scrub their showers or make sure every speck of dust is removed. This resort allows a full 30 min. on each room (more on larger rooms) to insure that customer satisfaction is met. This same principal applies where ever you might go at this resort. One can immediately see the difference bet. smoking and non-smoking casino areas, the air is so fresh. You won't find filled up ash trays. It's as clean as it gets!

Room Tip: If you want luxery, luxery, luxery ask for a room in the Spa Tower side. If you want a comfortable...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
All of the staff at Coeur d'Alene Casino Resort works hard day in and day out to ensure each guests receives the upmost experience on our property. We appreciate your feedback as it lets us know that it has not gone unnoticed. Thank you for taking the time to write specifically about our Housekeeping staff and their hard work and please know we will be passing along your kind words to each and every single one of them.

Been to Coeur D'Alene Casino Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!