“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Wallace
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in Wallace on our way to South Dakota an stayed at the Wallace Inn. We were pleasantly surprized. The inn is well maintained, the rooms comfortable and our dogs were welcomed. When we checked in, we received a complimentary bottle of wine and a 2-for-1 coupon for dinner at the Wallace Brewery. Unfortunately, it was Sunday and the brewery was closed as were most restaurants in town. We decided to book a stay here on our return trip.

Stayed May 2012

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Spokane, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Stayed here for one night with family during Christmas break. When I first stopped by to check on room rates, I was quoted one rate. I should have known better but at the end of it all, a different rate ended up on my credit card. It was only $10, but what if they are doing that to every guest?

Additionally, I had a security concern which I addressed with management in the old-fashioned way - I mailed them a letter. I can see that it should come as no surprise to me that there was no response - management here doesn't respond to positive OR negative reviews on tripadvisor either. Either they are unaware of it's existence, but most likely they just don't care.

Upon checking in, my information was processed and I was handed my room key. My room number was announced OUT LOUD in the lobby, and additionally, a sticker was added to my room key card with my room number written on it!

1. Now everyone in and around the lobby knows which room I'm in. Not too big of a deal when you are a 230lb dude, but might be a bit of a concern for a female on business.

2. Say I drop my key card while I'm out in downtown Wallace, and it should fall into the wrong hands? Well, they know exactly which room to rob now, don't they?

Procedural issues, but definitely security issues. Besides, as the hotel/motel owner/manager, regardless of whether YOU consider it an issue, if your guest considers it an issue, then it's an issue.

And I agree with one of the previous reviews - wifi in this building does not exist.

Room Tip: Move on down the road....
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Recently my husband & I took a 3 day trip to Wallace for some R&R and skiing @ Lookout Pass. A week earlier I read the Trip Advisor reviews and found the only lodging that might work for us was The Wallace Inn, as it had wi-fi and a pool. We HAD TO HAVE wi-fi as I had a business conference via Skype the next day. I was assured 2 x that the wi-fi had just been updated in October with many new routers. At check in I was assured we had a great wi-fi connection. Got to our room, no service! Went to the front desk & told I was on wrong router. go to router # 2. Still no service! We went out for 3 hours and returned. Stopped at the front desk & was assured again we had service. Got to the room, no service! I went down stairs and told them we wanted to check out. We had not used the room as we were wandering town and eating, but was informed by the girl at the front desk that if we left we would still be charged for our room. I expressed my need for Wi-fi the next morning. There was nothing she would or could try to do for us. Fortunately we went back out & stopped at the Red Light Garage! We met the owners, Jamie & Barb. We chatted and expressed our feelings of being duped. He then told of us his rental property, Hercules Inn. 500ft of "like home" living. Full Kitchen, King size & Queen size beds, 2 flat screen t.v.'s laundry & hot tub out the backdoor deck! Oh.the best thing, WIFI!!! Full bars! The best in town! The only place to even consider staying in Wallace! The next morning we checked out at 6:30 am. We were told by the morning desk clerk that she personally had just 2 new routers installed a couple of days ago. I informed her they are still not working. She did give us an $8 discount and informed me there never was a router #2. Wondering just who @ Wallace Inn really knows whats going on there........We don't like being deceived.

Room Tip: I don't believe any of them have wi-fi as advertised. No elevator. Book a room next to the East...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Wallace Inn for a few days to visit the Hiawatha Trail. The Wallace Inn is close and convenient when visiting the Hiawatha Trail. It is very clean, front desk staff were all very nice and helpful. It is quiet, walking distance to Wallace. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

My husband and I took our new bikes to this area after a chance meeting with the Manager, Rick, at a Portland bike show. He was so enthusiastic and helpful, we decided to take a summer road trip. It was great! We road the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes and Route of the Hiawatha, which were spectacular. Rick helped arrange our shuttles so we didn't have to back-track. The Inn was comfortable and the staff very helpful. Wallace a neat, historic town. It's a trip I recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Me and my fishing buddies stayed there for two night while fishing the St. Joe. Overall, the desk staff is nice and very accommodating, they helped us to find a good place to hang out and chat. Try as they may, they weren't able to provide an email confirmation (nice to have when you are booking multiple rooms for multiple parties). The rooms are older, but they were nice and more than we needed.

That said, we weren't very impressed by the restaurant. It took us 10 minutes to be waited on and over 30 plus minutes to be served. But with 1313 nearby, the restaurant isn't needed. They might want to consider having a continental breakfast and close the restaurant, right now it seems under staffed and a bit of an afterthought.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We spent the night here on our way to other spots. Ran out of daylight, thought Wallace would be good. Saw a sign on the roadside and checked it out. Great room, great pool area, not much of an exercise room. Very nice folk. Echo others, the place is very clean, and very well appointed. Would return anytime we are in the area. The town is also a fun spot to spend a few hours in.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Wallace Inn? Share your experiences!