“In Range, and on Target” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 25 Restaurants in Victor
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Offering outstanding Fresh Fare in a casual environment, the Range is open to the public and features exceptional seasonal menus. Whether you are seeking a quiet fireside dinner after a day on the slopes or are joining friends for cocktails on the patio following a round of golf, the Range is the perfect choice.
California
“In Range, and on Target”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The Range at Teton Springs Resort is that one place to go when you are in need of fine dining. Fine Dining. Victor and Driggs have plenty of burger, rib, pizza and Thai restaurants. All nice places.
However, we were in need of something special, and Range at Teton Springs resort was recommended. I was not disappointed. We arrived at 6pm for a 6:30 dinner reservation, specifically to sit outside to enjoy our cocktails and the spectacular sunset view of the Western side of Teton Valley. An early Monday evening, the Range was not crowded, and we were seated outside at once. Promptly, as if on cue, at 6:20, the evening winds picked up and it was our time to move inside to enjoy a remarkable meal.
Waitstaff was beyond friendly and attentive, and made us feel so comfortable.
Yes, the menu was not massive with dozens and dozens of choices...and I prefer it that way. Minimize the offering and excel at everything. We ordered, Alaskan salmon, Angus filet, Angus ribeye and the Bison short ribs. My sister in law thought the salmon was perfectly prepared, and my daughter felt the bison was tasty but the portion was too large. My wife's aged Angus ribeye was a large portion and she felt one of the two best steaks she's ever had. My filet was done to my order, medium, and the chef nailed it. Yes, as per other reviews, asparagus and potatoes did not fill a plate. However, I did not come to Range for an all you can eat buffet. I came for fine food prepared with flair and taste. I was not disappointed. I'm not even going there on the cost. Cost was on a par of what I'd pay in my hometown of Santa Cruz, CA. Range Dining is not a place I'd visit weekly. For my wife, my daughter and my sister in law, this was a special evening of great views, outstanding service and an exceptional meal. I've come to the area each August for the last 3 years to visit my daughter who has relocated to Driggs for work. This was my first time at Range Dining. If I return to the Teton Valley next year, one night at Range will be on my list. Thanks to Betsey for the excellent service.

• Visited August 2014

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Does not meet the surroundings,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great Golf course view, back drop of the mountains, nice building, furnishings, but didn't live unto
the surroundings, the food did not live unto the billing, overpriced for product received. better than OK but not great, expected more.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boise, Idaho, United States
“Gorgeous scenery, good food, WAY overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed at the Teton Springs Lodge & Spa for our 5th anniversary, and ate two dinners and one lunch at Range. One was our special anniversary dinner, for which I made a reservation. The second was the dinner we had the night before our anniversary- after we realized there was no where else to eat at the Lodge. Even though the website advertises three restaurants, only the Range was operating.

Every server we had, Zane in particular, was delightful and extra helpful.

The menu is very limited, even for fine dining. Not a lot of options for appetizers, sides, main dishes, or desserts. Everything we ordered was tasty, but I give it a poor rating because it is too overpriced for what it is, even for a hotel restaurant, especially if you're paying for children too. Very costly. While the plates we chose (short ribs & angus filet) were delicious, we just ordered them again the next night because there wasn't much to choose from. We also ordered the chocolate cake (very good), mushroom soup (not good- mostly creamy, not much mushroom taste at all), and the mozzarella with tomatoes and garlic crostini (fine). Cocktails and wines were great, but pricey. $16 for a glass of pinot noir is ridiculous, even by fine dining standards. I ordered the cabernet, even though I wanted pinot noir, because I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much on just a glass of wine. And I definitely agree with another reviewer that while I have no problem with small portions, they should be priced accordingly. Paying $37 for a tiny filet, a few potatoes, and four asparagus spears was a disappointment, especially because I'd chosen this spot for our anniversary dinner after extensive research and read only rave reviews. If they would just lower their prices, it would be better. We paid over $150 for each dinner, and though we were satiated and pleased with the quality, we felt a little robbed.

Though the restaurant is not open for lunch, Range serves poolside lunch to the club and lodge patrons. I had the Caesar salad, which was ok, and my daughter had chicken fingers and fruit, which she enjoyed. Our meal was fine, but a lot of other pool patrons had their orders mixed up, lost, or extremely delayed because the restaurant only had one or two servers handling lunch and the onslaught of orders was too much for them. I overheard two different conversations between two separate families and a staff person about how they were displeased with the new Range because their food was average and overpriced. I didn't know whether to be relieved in hearing this since it meant I was not the only one with this opinion, or to be unhappy since it meant my poor experience was not atypical.

Overall, the staff and setting for the restaurant are excellent. The food is average, but way overpriced. Save your money and dine in Victor, or save up to dine at the Range.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Driggs, Idaho
“Just Go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Never has anything ever been made like what comes from the kitchen at the Range in Teton Springs. My new favorite dessert is Grand Marnier Sabayon. It just oozes and smoothes itself nesting like velvet inside a crisp, thin pecan lace tuile. A few fresh berries along side - my, oh my! Rick uses local trout and whatever he does with caper lemon beurre blanc is beyond comprehension. You've never tasted any potato dish like the Idaho potato gratinee ( a fancy word for cheese I think). Breakfast. The best eggs, bacon, pancakes and scones ever (prepared from scratch of course). I have tried all meals on different occasions for business, with friends and family. Had a great experience every time. Before you think you need anything, Bruce is already there with whatever it was. Rick and Dana are just as pretty outside as they are inside, a close second to the food that comes out of his kitchen! BJF

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Apex
“Don't Miss out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were skeptical about a restaurant that was part of the Teton Springs Resort, but the Range is not to be missed! This is a fantastic restaurant with exceptional wait staff and obviously an exceptional chef. Everything from the drinks to the entrees and the warm chocolate cake for dessert were beautifully presented and well-prepared. This was a great send-off for our vacation.

• Visited June 2014