“Best gyros ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Victor
Cuisines: Healthy, Bagels, Grill, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Station offers you a combination of casual American fare & fine dining in a rustic setting that highlights Victor's heritage. Our spacious dining room is sure to satisfy the experience you seek whether it be a romantic candlelit dinner for two in the quiet of our atrium or a casual game-side feast at our bar; and with our free wi-fi internet, there is no place like our atrium or our deck to breathe some sun into your summer work blues. Featuring quality food with a great price point, we serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner with wine and beer as well as a full espresso bar with organic free-trade beans. Our new menu is crafted with organic herbs and spices and is gluten-free friendly. Everything is made from scratch and made to order with expediency and with care. Some items you can find are homemade bagels and baked goods, house dressings and hummus, and our fine dining menu with an Italian flare.
Victor
“Best gyros ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Seriously....I am addicted to their awesome gyros...I would eat them several times a week if I could afford them..and not grow out of my jeans...great food..and wonderful atmosphere..I highly recommend

Visited December 2013

VT
“Burger needs a makeover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

In this part of the country a preformed , previously frozen burger just doesn't cut it.
Food otherwise has great flavor. They are just lacking some atmosphere and a little more personality would be welcome.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rebecca H, Owner at The Station, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear uvmshell51,
I wanted to take a moment to update our repsonse to your review. We took your feedback into consideration & found a great regional source of high quality Angus beef and are now able to provide hand-patted Angus burgers in addition to our hand-patted Buffalo Burgers. Though our previous sustainably raised Angus burgers were quite revered among regulars, they are loving the new burgers even more! So thanks again for your constructive feedback. We hope you will come in again soon to try the one of the new Angus burgers & let us know how much you love it!

OLD RESPONSE:
Dear uvmshell51,
I completely understand your viewpoint on frozen food. I have the same aversion to processed food which is why over 95% of our extensive menu is made in-house and and made-to-order. I used to feel the same way about frozen food and I maintain that point of view on most food items. However, in developing our menu I did extensive research regarding the freshness of animal proteins and found that greater freshness is achieved through a freezing process called IQF (individually quick frozen). This process is done right at the ranch or in the case of seafood, right on the boat, which immediately stops the aging process of the proteins and therefore ensures the best flavor and freshness that one could get (unless one has a ranch or fish farm on site). Even with a ranch down the road, the proteins take time to be packaged & delivered thus aging the proteins by at least a day before being served. Most restaurants end up having to freeze their proteins for safe storage anyway - especially in areas with great variance of dining volume as in Victor, Idaho. So we have opted to use IQF products for some of our animal proteins and have found them to have better flavor & freshness than other non-frozen proteins we sampled. I assure you that this choice was done in the name of quality. In fact, the Angus beef burgers in question are sourced through a semi-local sustainable ranch that treats their animals with respect & mindfulness. We wouldn't accept or serve anything less!
Regarding the lack of personality, the area you dined in - our atrium - was bare walled at the time as we used to feature local artists in that room and were awaiting another round of great art. So I do apologize for the ho-hum you experienced. We have since decorated that room with some vintage artwork to compliment our other custom artwork displayed throughout the rest of the dining area. I think you will be pleased on your next visit with us. And be sure to check out the other artwork as they are all original black & white photos of Victor & Driggs which an artist friend brought to life with color & texture. They beautifully reflect the life once lived here in the valley & highlight the aviation-automotive-locomotive theme of our restaurant.
Thanks so much for your feedback and I hope to see you again soon. P.S. UVM is my alma mater too! How I miss my green mountains, Huntington Gorge & Lone Rock Point!
“Good food good people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a local favorite. This is where the locals eat. I would rate the steak as one of the best I have ever eaten at. The owner Rich is a dear friend not just to me but all who enter the front door. With Rich in the kitchen you can be assured that it is CLEAN! You can bet every detail is met and every dish is cooked to a standard few strive for now a days. Price is fair and the food is great, see you there!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Tried it three times now, just not that good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Went in for breakfast for a second try. The service was slow and we sat with empty drinks for quite a while. Seems like staff don't help one another when it's busy. Breakfast was greasy and over seasoned. Too bad, its a great location and comfortable environment.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rebecca H, Owner at The Station, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I am so sorry to hear that your were dissatisfied by your experience with us. Yours is the first opinion that we have heard about having a greasy or an over-seasoned breakfast. Though we do some traditional american breakfasts, we strive to create them as healthfully as we can and thus the only items cooked in oil are our fried eggs and any sauteed vegetables for omelettes which are cooked in extra virgin olive oil. Perhaps your eggs were not properly drained before being plated and for that I apologize and have already passed this feedback onto our breakfast cooks. As for being over-seasoned, I can only assume that you are referring to our breakfast potatoes which are a Mexican-style potato. Most of our customers love them, but there are certainly a handful seeking a more traditional breakfast potato. We are experimenting with some other recipes, so perhaps we will have a potato option more suited to your tastes upon your next visit. Whatever it was, please know that we are certainly not known as a greasy spoon and your experience was an anomaly. If you are looking to take the healthier route in your breakfast dining, I would recommend our homemade granola with Greek yogurt or almond milk. Our omelettes, homemade quiches & bagels with house-cured lox are also quite healthy and we offer egg white omelettes as well. We have also added some exciting new dishes to our breakfast menu including Huevos Verdes with house-roasted tomatillo sauce & Oaxacan cheese, Texas-French Toast, and Chicken-Fried Steak made with Angus NY steak.
As for your experience of our service, I do apologize that you were neglected. At that time we did have two seasonal servers who were apparently lacking in their service and are thus no longer employed with us. I have shared your feedback with our current staff and we all want you to know that our waitstaff strives to treat every customer with the utmost care. They do work as a team and care for every table as if it were their own and often share tips with each other. Our staff is truly a family in that way. I assure you that our staff is more upset by your empty drink glasses than you are! That's just how much they care about our customers and their contribution to The Station's success.
So I do hope that your next visit to Victor will warrant another go of our breakfast and please do bring to your server's attention any issues you have in the moment. I am sure that you will find our response to be nothing less than gracious as we are always willing to learn from our mistakes and make them right - right away.
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

What a find! Been all over Driggs and Victor, and this has been the best restaurant by far. Delicious, fresh and all the food is made there, no packaged food. Owner explained that healthy, fresh food is their priority. And, even more amazing, great prices! Can't wait to go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere