“Great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Huntington Beach, California
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stopped at this place on our way to Grand Teton. We didn't plan to go there - just wanted to have lunch somewhere. The food was amazing! I had the greek dish (Chicken souvlaki on pita, field greens, feta, cucumbers, homemade tzatziki). I am originally from Europe and had lots of greek dishes in my life (at restaurants operated by greek people). The one at scratch was the best ever! The ingredients were very well balanced (at many other places the only taste was the tzatziki) and I can confirm that the tzatziki is really homemade, fresh and neither to spice nor to weak. We stopped there again on our way back and it was great again. I can confirm that the service was not that great but the food made this more than up. Can't understand why people only give 2 stars. 4.4 rating at google fits much better. I know this place is remote but when you are around you have to go there!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Victor, Idaho
“Food Doesn't Outweigh Miserable Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Yes, the food is above average. Everything is made from scratch and tastes like it, too. The breakfasts are great, and the lunches and dinners are really really good. However, the service (or lack thereof) is ridiculous. I understand not wanting to hire anyone else to work in your restaurant to cut costs, but honestly, maybe getting someone else in there with a fresh, positive attitude is what this establishment needs. A friendly smile and a few accommodations here and there will go A LONG way in making sure this restaurant is around for a few more years.
Things to be aware of:
Do not ask for ANYTHING to be changed about a meal on the menu
Do not expect your drinks or your checks for at least 5-25 minutes if it gets busy
Food can take over an hour if the restaurant fills up at the same time (and your order gets taken last.)
Just because it's noon doesn't mean they are open for lunch. And just because it is 7:30pm doesn't mean they will seat you for dinner. They open and close depending on the ebb and flow of the patrons.
So, the food-4 stars, the service-1 star...and in my book, service and personal connections are what keep you coming back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“who pee'd in their cornflakes?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Have to agree with the other reviews. I really want to like them - I am a local and we want a great breakfast place for the weekends.... But - despite the decent food - I can't say that this will be the place and that is completely related to the service. Not a smile - not a courteous "we are glad you are here" gesture. Just a "feel privileged I finally served you" attitude. They appear to be open when they want to vw and not when they dont. Not a feel good environment for the customer unfortunately. Just makes me wonder what's up with that?

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canton, Georgia
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have dined here for breakfast several times. Love the hearty breakfast foods. Lots of dishes with peppers and onions and such. Very small menu so I've tried just about everything on it. The french toast is good but not outstanding. The pancakes are super! Service is slower because it's such a small place with just the 2 owners working so don't go if you are impatient or in a huge hurry.

Visited May 2013
Cody, Wyoming
“Seriously?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Went here with two other women. Specified we would like separate checks. Mistake after mistake made in the orders. Finally had to get up and go fetch dijon mustard ourselves. When we asked for the bill, the lady (the owner?) said, not, "I'm sorry ladies, will you help me out and pay on one check?" but rather, "I don't have time to fool with separate checks. You'll have to pay together." period. Boom. We left her the tip that deserved.

• Visited June 2013