“Great food, great atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Victor
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: The Brakeman American Grill is Victor's family friendly spot for the BEST Burgers, Sandwiches and delicious Salads. It's all about FRESH at The Brakeman. We grind our beef daily right on site and add our own special seasonings, fresh vegetables and a delicious sourdough bun to create the BEST Burger. Our fresh cut Idaho Fries are a terrific treat and accompany all Burgers and Sandwiches. The Brakeman serves freshly brewed Sun Tea, Fair Trade Organic coffee,sodas and a variety of local and regional beers and wines. The Brakeman is open for lunch and dinner.
“Great food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We all enjoyed our meal here...4 different burgers and the cranberry walnut salad (which was absolutely awesome!). Service was a little slow, though they are very small and were constantly busy while we were there. Don't be in a hurry! Overall a good experience....but beware, they charged us for extra mayo....seriously?!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Orlando, Florida
“Half is Plenty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stopped here on the way from Jackson Hole to Idaho Falls, and were absolutely delighted with our meal. The location was easy to find and on route for us, so it was very convenient. The restaurant was smallish which gave it a cosy, intimate feeling, we saw a couple of parties turned away as they were already full, so guess it must be a very popular place with locals. The staff were very friendly but efficient. and everything came correctly. My daughter and I decided to share a burger and it was bought out on two separate plates like two actual meals. My husband's burger was the biggest I have seen and apparently absolutely delicious. All the meals were great, and the cost was very reasonable for a gourmet burger, 3 full meals (1 split in half) drinks etc the bill was around $40. Would definitely recommend a visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boise, Idaho, United States
“Best burger I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family and I ate at The Brakeman for our last dinner in Victor, and it was wonderful. I had the Union Pacific bleu cheese burger, and I can honestly say I've never had a bleu cheese burger that good! I would go back for another if it wasn't a five hour drive. My husband had the The American Shortline burger, which he also really enjoyed. Our burgers really hit the spot after a weekend of hiking and fishing. The fries were also incredible- fresh and handcut! The three of us ate very well for a little over $30- and we had leftovers!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlottesville VA
“Fresh ground burger with secret spices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

A lot of railroad memorabilia on the walls, with zinc covered tables. Family owned and operated, with friendly service. Go for the junior burger unless you haven't eaten in 24 hours, it is a lot of delicious food.

Visited July 2014
TN
“Great burgers and fries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The burgers are large and cooked to order. Everybody was happy with their meal. French fries are excellent too.We enjoyed our short trip to Victor.