“Excellent little restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Western Wyoming
“Excellent little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We enjoyed fabulous meals and wine. The service was wonderful. We'll definitely return- thank goodness it's local for us!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
nvictor, Owner at Spoons Bistro, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
What a nice review. Thank you for coming in and your kind review. I hope we see you again soon.

Ramona
“unexpected and delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My daughter and I were looking for a place to eat on a busy 4th of July in Victor. Wanting something more than a hot dog or burger, we headed for Spoons. I thought it might be a real treasure - and it was! The calimari appetizer and the beet and goat cheese salad had us absolutely raving. The wine pour was very generous. The host, Nathan, was interesting, intelligent, and passionate about his work and about the source and quality of the food. I'm grateful for the time he spent chatting with us, I learned a lot. It was a fun and memorable evening. Oh and the portion sizes were just perfect....I think that buffets, cruises and some restaurants have gotten we Americans to believe we ought to stuff ourselves when we eat out. Our portions were a wonderful size, although the food was so good that it would have been easy to overeat. We left feeling completely satisfied. In fact, we're heading back for another round tonight, our last night in Victor, Idaho.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
nvictor, Owner at Spoons Bistro, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the AMAZING review. Fouth of July is generally a quiet holiday as most people enjoy a quick meal or BBQ. Travis was pleased to have so many fun customers that evening. Thank you for coming in and I hope we see you again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fresh and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband, 15 yo son and I were very hungry after we spent the day in Jackson, WY area (at Wildlife Museum and followed by 2.5 hour afternoon snowshoe adventure at Teton Science Schools, Kelly campus). We weren't certain we were dressed appropriately for dining out, but, we really wanted to try Spoons so we stopped in. Of course, we need not have worried about our "dress" as we are in the Teton Valley and everyone is often in hiking or ski gear; also, the restaurant was able to seat us immediately (probably due to the fact they are not as busy in the spring...we tried to get in last summer and they were way too busy, which also holds true for the height of ski season). When we arrived there was only one other table; a young family with 3 children (approximate kids ages were 3-8)--upon leaving there were 2 other tables being served...one with a group of 3 women/friends and the other table seemed to be a middle aged father and 2 20-something daughters.

Upon being seated, we appreciated the huge glasses of water and the nonstop supply throughout our meal. For starters, we ordered french onion soup (2) and Roman artichokes; we were treated to "just out of the oven" bread (x2), which we dipped in the available olive oil and balsamic vinegar...like I said, we were very hungry, but, the warm bread would have been just as delicious even if we weren't famished! The soup was very good and I would order it again; the artichokes were okay, but, not memorable, I would try something different next time. My husband and I split a (very large) roasted beet salad which was delicious. Our picky son was very pleased with the trout entree', my husband enjoyed the beef brisket and I was very pleased with the lamp chops! I oredered them medium rare and they were perfect! Delicately seasoned and paired with roasted asparagus and truffle frites (fries)...both sides were seasoned just right and very tasty (I'm not a big french fry person, but, I couldn't stop eating these...no ketchup needed or wanted for these frites!

Our server was amiable and helped me select 2 separate wines by the glass...both were delicious and went well with the salad/appetizer courses (2010 Matchbook Chardonnay) and the lamb (07 Les Trios Couronnes Gigonda--a French red blend). The prices were on point for the service and quaility food we received and we will return when we are in the Victor area!!

Note--this is a very small restaurant and they do not take parties larger than 6.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
nvictor, Owner at Spoons Bistro, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your fabulous review. We are so glad you came in no matter what you were wearing. We aim to make everyone feel at home whether they have been out having fun all date or are spiffed up for an evening out.
We are a small restaurant and we do fill up fast but we will happily accommodate parties larger than 6 people, we highly recommend a reservation for a large party.
Thank you again for your kind word and we hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Exceeded expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Quaint yet stylish Bistro with delicious food and an inviting, relaxing atmosphere.
Chef Travis has an obvious passion for preparing creative, french influenced dishes. The restaurant offers an impressive wine list and our waiter made excellent suggestions. Our group of four thoroughly enjoyed a lovely evening and will be dining here again soon!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
nvictor, Owner at Spoons Bistro, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your gracious words. Travis works to combine classic French recipes with modern techniques. We hope to see you again very soon.
Driggs, Idaho
“Too expensive for TINY portions! You will leave hungry.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The service was great, the atmosphere is nice but it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I felt like I was in a library. Their prices are pretty expensive and the portions are so small! You'll be glad they serve you bread before the food comes out! I can't believe a tiny bowl of chicken and dumplings were $19. The dumplings were noodles. Not dumplings. The flavor was decent but nothing to make me go back again. I also had the Tuna Tar Tar appetizer which was good. I was glad I ordered the appetizer after seeing how TINY the entrees are. I'm not a big eater but I was glad to have snacked before we went out to eat here. I've had many other entrees here before and I keep trying to like this place but it falls flat with it's overpriced tiny proportions. There isn't anything I've had on the menu that makes me say, "I've been craving this for a while and I can't wait to go back." I'm always disappointed every time I give this place another chance. Way too overpriced for Teton Valley.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
nvictor, Owner at Spoons Bistro, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Spoons Bistro. We are truly sorry that your entire experience was not what you had expected. I would like you to know, we are currently addressing the issues with our sound system. Our goal is a festive atmosphere, conducive to pleasant conversations but we want to avoid the feeling that you are dining in a library. This is a fine line. We are also taking our portion sizes into consideration. We try very hard to focus on using local products and make everything in house which is not the most cost effective way to operate. The cost of our entrees is determined not only by the products we are serving , but the time that is put into researching, developing and preparing them. We prompt our servers to check on guests during their meals to ensure they are happy and address issues at the time of service. If someone is unhappy with their food we like to make it right for them.
Two basic types of dumplings are used for chicken and dumplings, and some argue over which the “right” dumpling is. Chicken and dumplings can be served with a round, beadlike dumpling or a flat, thick noodle like dumpling. Traditionally, the flat dumpling is a Southern-style dumpling, and the round dumpling is a Northern one. We opted for the Southern style which was not what you had expected, moving forward we will make sure that that our guest have a better idea of what to expect prior to being served.
We appreciate the feedback and certainly hope that if you dine with us again you are happy with your experience and find something to think about and crave.