“Always a joy!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 129 Restaurants in Twin Falls
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Twin Falls, Idaho
“Always a joy!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I absolutely love the Thai wrap, the California Spinach Salad, every sandwich and any chocolate dessert River Rock makes!!! It is always is a joy to eat there! Great job to staff and chefs- love your food, love your kindness...if you are traveling through Twin Falls, don't go to a chain restaurant that you can eat at in any town, come support locally owned River Rock!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boise, Idaho
“Poor Service and Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Was on a business trip to Twin Falls with my manager. We walked in to see only maybe 3 tables with people. Waited up front for almost 15 minutes with no one to see if we needed seated or helped at all. The guy who helped us was rude and trying rush us it seemed. Not sure if he was a manager or what because he never introduced himself or offered any specials. We ordered our drinks, he left then came back 10 minutes later to take out order. We got green bean fries for appetizers, which were good, the peanut sauce tasted like clumps of peanut butter, was gross. I order a Asian wrap and my manager ordered a patty melt. He brings us an appetizer then leaves, still no drinks served to us. I had to ask (raised my voice a little to get attention) him to bring us a drink as he ignored my hand waving at him. Then he just leaves the establishment. Never told us he was leaving or said so and so will be helping you?? The lady who took his place was nice. The wrap I have was awful.. Chicken seemed almost frozen and everything tasted bland, turns my stomach thinking about it. The "Thai Sauce" was clumps of peanut butter??? Not sure just absolutely awful would not recommend the Thai wrap to anyone. My Managers food was tasty she said. Dessert was OK, I had a chocolate mousse which tasted like boxed mousse you buy at Walmart. To top it all off the server who helped us to begin with was mocking other guests behind there back to the server helping us as he came back on property. I was debating to say anything at all about this experience. The more I think about it, I think if this is usual service someone needs to change it in order to make it a somewhat decent place to eat.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Austria
“Good looking Restaurant but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

... I wasn't happy with my food, this time we ordered Fish.. Bad Choice Fish it self was great but bis minus goes to rice cause it taste like rice pudding.

Second big minus goes to the oil fried Basil on the Fish. To my question why they did it i never got an answer... to keep basil fresh would give an great flavor but in that case it was like chips... Just disgusting.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Twin Falls, Idaho
“Sometimes overlooked, always good quality food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This restaurant is housed in a former pancake house, so you're not going to get the views or the ambience of other finer restaurants. But the service is always friendly and smiling and I have a few favorite foods there that I'd like share.

At lunch, there's the veggie wrap. It has alfalfa sprouts, avocado, mushrooms. It has a tasty spread on it which probably adds a few calories, so we're not eating entirely guilt free, but it's fantastic served with fresh fruit or a bowl of tomato bisque. Also I always, always have their salmon prepared in a sandwich or in a dinner entree. It's never too fishy, always warm all the way the through. Great stuff.

Lastly, I am a closet fan of the Citrus martini. A powerful, lemony, chilled glass of "now you can catch your breath."

Enjoy!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mancos
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Rock River Grill is conveniently located outside the mall and close to several nice motels. We took a table in the lounge and enjoyed nice beer and wine there and a very good dinner that included a mushroom appetizer and Chimuri (South American) Steaks. The restaurant is tastefully appointed and service was good.

Visited September 2012