“Good food, friendly service and nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Delicatessen, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
“Good food, friendly service and nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I had heard good things from the locals about The Readery, and all of it was true. First, the place is much bigger than it appears from the street, and it is much brighter than I thought it would be. The staff is welcoming and makes delicious soups, salads and sandwiches. I've heard that breakfast (served until 11:30) is fabulous, so I'll have to come back next weekend.

Visited October 2013

Shakopee, Minnesota, USA
“quiet little cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was able to enjoy a hot ham sandwich with a cop of the butternut squash soup for a late lunch last weekend. The sandwich was toasty, flavorful, and satisfying. I love butternut squash soup...and this was a winner. It had a nice creamy consistency and good spice notes. I think I can definitely say fall is on it's way.

Here is a confession: I have an incurable sweet tooth...I mean if it were OK to just east desserts and candy for meals I would. When I saw a basket case with scones and coffee cake I had to have some. The coffee cake was unreal-spiced pear, moist, tangy, awesome streusel...I couldn't stop shoving it in my face. Bonus for having a lunch buddy and getting to try the blueberry scone too!

I think the atmosphere of this cafe was perfect for an afternoon spent chatting and catching up-quiet background music, not too brightly lit but the sun filters in nicely, lots of room between tables so you aren't sitting in on the adjoining tables conversation. Oh-and if you have time, check out their books. They have quite a collection available to read while sitting or to buy if you so feel the urge.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sandpoint, Idaho
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Pricey for less than stellar food, many other places in town that are far better, I must believe that other reviewers were extremely hungry or friends of owners.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thousand Oaks
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had read ahead on Trip Advisor but I didn't remember reading about this little spot. Nice mix of jazz on the stereo, books for sale, cheerful staff, an old building and good food. We just happened upon it while exploring the little town on a hot afternoon. It was cool and dim and we left full of yummy sandwiches. What's not to love?

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, WA
“Comfortable place to sit, eat and read”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Ride Idaho has a layover day in Sandpoint. After today's ride from Coeur d'Alene I stopped in for a sandwich and iced mocha. The roast beef and cheddar on baguette was outstanding as was the mocha. It's also got wonderful bones - nice music in the background and comfortable seating. It's a gem that I'm glad I found.

• Visited August 2013