“Truffles just okay” 3 of 5 stars

Description: chocolate / ice cream / cafe
Aiea, Hawaii
“Truffles just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Just had a truffle here, and I certainly wouldn't go out of my way for them. One always hopes for a delicious little chocolate shop when visiting a touristy sort of area, but was just okay.

Visited December 2013

60% Recommend
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Get the dark chocolate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I generally don't like dark chocolate, but if you buy any truffles and such, get the dark. I prefer milk chocolate, as dark chocolate is a bit bitter for me, even in chocolate chip cookies. With that said, every piece of milk chocolate candy I had was toooooo sweet. The dark chocolate covered anything is good, that I tried. I live in way south Coeur d'Alene and wish I had not invested so much money in their milk chocolates. It seems like a theme though, as even CDA chocolates is the same, though they have a far bigger selection.

These guys do offer shakes and ice cream, so that makes a difference. They are very friendly and threw in an extra chocolate, besides some of the free samples. Just have a serious sweet tooth when you come in, cause this place will satisfy.

This place, like CDA Chocolates, is a novelty. IMHO, I will take See's Candies every day of the week. And, if we go international there is no comparison. I would take a Hershey's milk chocolate, with almonds, any day of the week over their milk chocolate.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Post Falls, Idaho
“Chocolate Bear in Sandpoint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I love dark chocolate. But like many things, the quality of chocolate candy can vary widely. Their dark chocolate covered carmels with sea salt is the most fantastic I have ever tasted. There carmel with sea salt is fantastic and the dark chocolate (Grizzly) p-nut butter cup has homemade p-nut butter inside and is heavenly. My girl friend does not eat many sweets; she ate several of the salted carmels and had several bites of MY Grizzly p-nut butter cup. If you want better than outstanding chocolates, this is the place. AND, they were very friendly and fun to talk with.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sandpoint, Idaho
“MMMMmmmmmmm... chocolate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Family made chocolate made with love and care. The dark chocolate is NOT chalky and bitter, the cayenne pepper chocolate was AWESOME! Love this place, I go there every week.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sandpoint, Idaho, United States
“Fantastic Chocolates & Caramels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My daughters bought my wife and I some of their chocolates and the salted caramels and they were fantastic. Definitely a premium handcrafted chocolate. They said the prices were reasonable, and the business is locally owned, which means a lot to me.

Visited February 2013