“Pretty Darn Good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 74 Restaurants in Sandpoint
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: If Spud's is one thing, it's fresh. Fresh in the sense that we make everything from scratch, from every dressing, sauce and chutney, to elaborate soups and outstanding desserts. Spud's is also fresh in the sense in that our classic menu is continually reinspired by worldly flavors, regional style and seasonal ingredients. We adore the sophisticated touch of the West's best restaurants, and honor the casual comforts of small town North Idaho. Located in picturesque downtown Sandpoint, Idaho, Spud's Waterfront's reputation extends beyond the shores of Lake Pend Oreille as an excellent restaurant for locals and travelers alike. Dock your boat on the boardwalk, bike up from the beach, pull in on your way to the mountain, walk in before catching a show at the Panida.
couer d alene
“Pretty Darn Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife is a Sandpoint native and Ive lived here for 20 years we had never eaten at Spud's before. (Well she did when she was a kid at their old location where the La Quinta is now)

Anyway, we allways just thought of it as an overpriced tourist trap. But i was plesantly suprised. Very tastefully decorated, Great food and menu. Its little odd being that you order at a window, slide down the bar counter to pay and then seat yourself although its not like a cafateria at all. They have a nice big deck which I think would be great in the summer. Its a little cramped inside the main area but it works

My wife had the Capistrano Turkey Sandwich and I had the Clam Chowder which was excellent. Prices are average to a tad high but not out of line..

So I guess Ive been missing out all the years, my loss... Will definetly be eating there more often again soon.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Idaho
“Delicious!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This place has the best soups around! They have great sandwiches as well. Try the butternut soup and the Capistrano sandwich. I would say they are more of a lunch place than a dinner place. Mainly this is due to atmoshpere. They have limited seating and it can be crowded. But the food is top notch.

Visited November 2012
San Diego, CA
“Great Location and Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We dined for lunch and our food was just okay. My butternut squash soup was tasty but thick in consistency. My turkey sandwich was delish with the home baked bread. My hubby had a chile verde potato and was very disappointed. For a place named Spud's the potatoes did not seem crispy and creamy like a good baked potato is. The place was busy at 1:30 pm when we went in and you can't order until there is a table available. The staff was nice but overall we thought the place was overrated. Good for a salad and an iced tea with a girlfriend but for a Saturday lunch with my hubby we were disappointed. Also my husband's glass of Malbec wine was old so he really had a miserbale lunch when mine was tasty. If you have the patience go for it!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Colville
“Outstanding for lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have only had lunch at Spuds but it was outstanding. I ordered the freshly baked poor boy roll BLT (honey cured bacon, lettuce, tomato and fresh basil mayo). This was the best that I have eaten. My husband ordered the Roast Beef (rotisserie trip-tip, green onions, jack cheese, lettuce, tomato and green onion dill mayo) sandwich on a freshly baked poor boy roll with a Caesar salad. He cannot wait to return. Our lunch was worth the price. Next trip we will try dinner!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Benson, Arizona
“Good view but pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The place has a great view of Sand Creek. During warmer months the outside dining area must be terrific. The server was very friendly. The food selection is very upper crust and pricey. I found it average with the veggies under cooked and tough.

Visited October 2012