“Perfect for our Mini-Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Talus Rock Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandpoint
Talus Rock Retreat
You added Talus Rock Retreat to your Saves list
291 Syringa Heights, Sandpoint, ID 83864   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Sandpoint B&B and Inns
Spokane
“Perfect for our Mini-Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and I escaped for a couple nights to this beautiful location to recover and relax after the stress that inherently accompanies a wedding. While our wedding was fabulous and memorable, staying at Talus Rock was the icing on the cake! We saw the website when searching for a B&B or Lodge in Sandpoint, and the pictures sold us (along with the mission statement we read on the site). However.....the pictures on the website just give a glimpse of the beauty and majesty of this place!! We were stunned and awed at how gorgeous this place was in person. We stayed in the Arbor Room and loved the open shower and tree theme, not to mention the gorgeous copper ceiling and the windows that looked out onto the pond and beautiful grounds. There are so many gorgeous decor items and unique design details all over the "house"! Be sure to read the booklet that details so many things you could possibly miss if you didn't know they were there. So......all this being said.......a place can be gorgeous and architecturally astounding, but if the people who live there are not warm and loving, the memory will fade and the experience will be less than fulfilling. Thankfully, that is not the case here, Heather was nothing short of amazing and friendly and you immediately felt special and like part of the family. We were honored to hear the stories Heather shared of her trips to India, and she left us inspired and motivated to give back and serve with joy! These people are special and this place will leave you in awe!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in September 2012. We were greeted with by a warm family and a magnificent location. The Talus rock is such a beautiful place to stay. The decor is just perfect and inspiring! Heather and her amazing family are the most welcoming and kind hearted people I have met in a long time!We stayed in the Syringa Guest Suite and it was just perfect! My husband am I splurged to stay at the Talus, therefore we decided to cook there during our stay.Everything was there for a romantic weekend. The hot tub is fabulous at night under the stars! I have recommended all of my friends to stay at the Talus and plan to return in the new year with a group of friends, we just cannot stay away too long!Heather and her family made our stay flawless with recommendations of places to see and even provided us with rides after a night out! We felt like a part of the family, I cannot say enough good things about the Talus! Stay there and you will not regret it, well worth the splurge!We drove all the way from Edmonton, Canada to stay here and I would do it again in a second, all worth the 7 hour drive when this is your destination!The memories of this stay will be with me forever!Thank you to you Heather and everyone who helps you to make the Talus happen!

Room Tip: It would be hard to choose one room, however the Arbor room boasts a magnificent copper tiled ceilin...
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I just needed a quick get away. What we got was an AMAZING, magical, peaceful retreat! It was so perfect, breathtaking, wonderful. I honestly dont believe I can say enough wonderful things about this place. We have stayed at the Davenport, Coeur D'Alene, Schnauzer Crossing Bed & Breakfast and many others. This by far was the best place we have ever stayed! I have told my husband that from now on this will be "our place". We were treated as though we were family. I cant wait to go back!! Simply AMAZING all round! Thank you guys for such a perfect visit!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I spent a magical evening in this winter paradise. We awoke to smiling faces and hot coffee. It is absolutely an amazing B&B. There is an atmosphere of being at home. We were so relaxed and enjoyed the fire while having great conversation and looking out the picturesque windows. The family that operates/owns Talus Rock are true and genuine people who care for the common person here and around the world. I will go out of my way to stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at Talus Rock Retreat for our anniversary. We were greeted warmly by Heather, who gave us a tour of their beautiful home. There is so much to appreciate in this lovely place, from the big stone fireplace to the stained glass windows. Many creative touches grace the house. We stayed in the "Arbor Room," which has a tree shower for two. The gardens and view are beautiful. Heather and her family made us feel comfortable, and were helpful and interested but not at all intrusive. Our time there, though short, was tranquil and restful -- a true retreat!

Room Tip: The Arbor room was fun to stay in and quite spacious and beautifully decorated, not to mention the t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Amboy WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We started our two week 4-state travels with Talus Rock Retreat. Heather is a wonderful host; we discovered the meaning of "small world": we both hail from Penna Dutch Country and we both attended the same high school near Philadelphia. We enjoyed meeting her 3 children who are home-schooled. My wife and I marveled at how this family manages to run an inn, travel the world in their pursuit in helping others and stay active and healthy. The accommodations were wonderful - we felt right at home! Thanks Heather!

Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was the best customer trip that we have ever put together, we do several trips per year with our customer base. We had reserved the whole talus rock lodge and we brought 7 customers with us. Heather went above all our expectations to give us a great time, this is truly hard to do when dealing with 7 different people. Everything was great, food, lodging, ease of getting around Sandpoint, and her ability to stay on top of everything that we needed. I will be bring my family back to the lodge next August to spend a week at their great lodge.

James Brierley

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Talus Rock Retreat? Share your experiences!