“Low quality food” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 59 Restaurants in Rexburg
Cuisines: American
“Low quality food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Ordered their "most popular sandwich" (mudder in law) and it was disgusting. The avocado was brown and I think it was bad. The lettuce was the gross shredded kind that was limp, yellow an brown. Pickles were gross too--not crispy, but mooshy. I took about two bites and couldn't finish even though I was so hungry. There was very little meat on my sandwich as well. Disappointed for sure low quality good.

Jackson, Wisconsin
“One of the better shacks I've ever been to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I admit, I have not been to lots of restaurants in Rexburg, and I have not been to this one in the past, so I cannot say if it is getting better or worse. What I can tell you was that we had an awesome lunch and I needed to tell you about it.

First off, it is a bit confusing to order. Not knowing the system, or the terrible slanguage on the menu board, it is not easy to make a decision. We let several groups pass us while we tried to decipher the lingo and make a decision. It might be smart to look at their menu ahead of time to get a feel for what you might like.

My daughter is a bit of a picky eater, so when she was sure she would find something, we decided to stay. She got a simple ham and cheese and added bacon. It was huge, and she like it so much, she ate 3/4 of it, which is a big deal!

My wife had the turkey sandwich, and she ate so much she thought she might get sick. She said she just couldn't stop, it was so good.

I had the Chicago hot dog, which is actually two of them, with cheese and onions. So good!

And the boy (6', 225lb 16yo) got the chili monster burger thingy. It was served open faced with the chili just piled over the top. He had a burger on the brain, so I feared he would not eat much and then ask for McD later, but he started and didn't stop until he was nearly dead, and there was still some left (WHAT?).

I think the key to this place is the bread that they use. I don't care if they make it fresh on a hot stone in the yard or if they buy it off the truck, it is fantastic! Tasty and dense enough to hold it weight, but not so dense as to make it difficult to bite into. I would say just right.

So, if you are in the area, and I suspect I will be again soon, I suggest you give it a try.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rexburg, Idaho
“Love it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is a great sandwich shop in Rexburg. They have a good variety great atmosphere and the sandwiches are delicious. Can't wait to try the jambalaya!

pocatello
“best sandwich store”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Me and my wife go to this restaurant once in a while because it is a little spendy. It is worth the price because we never had any issues with the service. As well, the food is great. We like the mudder in law because it comes with avocado without any extra cost. The sandwich is good size to just eat alone and it is very filling. This store is very much like Subways in the sense you can build the sandwich how you like it with the vegetables, cheese, and sauce. As well you can toast it which I highly recommend it because it gives the sandwich more flavor. Also, they normally give you a cookie freshly made at the restaurant. Now those are all the pluses about the service and food. We love the creative decorations in the restaurant, but I do have some personal criticism towards it. For example it is called Gator Jack's. And so the theme is about the buoy that you would find in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida. It used to have a dock like standing place right by the cashier register and ordering stand but they took it out. Now it looks barren and kinda ugly. As well there is a stuffed crocodile above one of the sitting areas. Now it looks cool but does not look like an Alligator because it is a Crocodile. So for that reason I believe they could do better with their decorations. Food wise and service wise they are doing a great job.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rigby, Idaho
“Going down hill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

We are locals and loved Gator jacks but in the last 3 to 4 months noticed it has gone down hill in food and service.

• Visited April 2014