“Fine for one night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Rexburg
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Fine for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Stayed one night enroute to Yellowstone. This is a basic, no frills hotel. A good value and OK for one night. The front desk clerk was very friendly, and helpful. We arrived on a Sunday and a lot of places were closed. She directed us to a nice, local restaurant for dinner. No refrigerator in the room, if that's important to you. The free breakfast was just OK. My husband was happy because they had a waffle maker. It's a domestic model, though, not one of the commercial types you usually see at hotels.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
anderson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

Our stay was excellent, we were very pleased with everything and will definantly stay there again!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

I have no complaints about the Rexburg Super 8. The price was low, the breakfast was good (pancakes!), the service was absolutely excellent, and they are in the process of adding on a pool! We used the motel's computer without any problem, we enjoyed the large TV channel selection, and I never felt uncomfortable. I'm sometimes obsessive when it comes to cleanliness, but I never had a reason to doubt the motel or to feel icky. It's one of the nicest I've stayed at, and deserves the "Pride of Super 8" name.

• Liked — The nice lady at the front desk.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
meandgracie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

The staff was nice except for one guy. I had never said a word to him and didn't know him. On our final day there, after staying a couple of weeks, this employee came over to me out of the blue and criticized me, to my face, for taking "too long a vacation." This was downright bizarre (and by the way, we weren't even on vacation).

I called the hotel and spoke to a desk agent, who was sorry and she told me to write a letter to the owner. I wrote the letter and never heard back from them.

Stayed August 2007

Travelers are raving about these Rexburg hotels

Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2007

A few years have passed by and I happened to be returning to the same property while driving the same route to Yellowstone NP. The Super 8 in Rexburg now shows signs of aging, the room furniture is somewhat tired of many guests, but everything is kept in working order. They obviously added some of the room amenities (coffee makers, hairdryers...) since my last visit. They also expanded their continental breakfast which is now a very decent one. The problem is just the small lobby with just a few tables that fill up soon in the morning. Front desk staff is very friendly, efficient and knowledgeable about the local attractions and routes. I was there for two night when the property was full and haven't experienced any hot water shortages, so they must have solved that one out already. Paying a bit over 50 USD a night I was quite satisfied with the comfort and service. If I happen to come for the third time in a few years I hope the rooms will have been refurnished by then. Otherwise a very good option for a budget traveler on his way to Yellowstone or Teton NPs.

• Liked — Upgraded amenities since my previous stay.
  • Disliked — Small and crowded breakfast area.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Murrieta, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2006

I stayed here while taking my daughter up to college. The property is tired looking at best. My room was stark and bare with those those slippery, shiny bedspreads.
On the first day I went to take a shower and found there was no hot water. After calling the front desk, they told me that they had just installed a new water heater and it wasn't working up to their hotel capacity, but that they were working on the problem. So, I took a cold shower. Day 2, no hot water again. They were very apologetic, but still could not produce any hot water for me during peak showering times and asked if I could delay taking my shower for a while. I took a cold shower again and decided to check out a day early. I decided sharing a twin bed with my daughter and getting a warm shower, staying in her new student apartment, for no cost was better than the Super 8 room with no hot water for $60.00 plus tax per night. I checked out, was given another apology and a deduction of $20.00 off my bill.
If you want to stay here call ahead and see what their hotel capacity is going to be for your visit. IF it is full, stay somewhere else or expect to take cold showers, unless you sleep until noon.

Stayed September 2006

Been to Super 8 Rexburg? Share your experiences!