“Really good nights sleep” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Rexburg
215 West Main St, Hwy. 20 & Hwy. 33 Exit, Rexburg, ID 83440-1828   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Rexburg
England
“Really good nights sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

We arrived at around 8pm after a tiring day of travelling and upon check in there was no record of the booking we had made via Expedia, this had not happened to us before with Expedia so we were rather surprised. It was soon rectified by the helpful receptionist. He got us the same room we had previously booked but for a slightly lower rate.

We stayed one night on our way to Yellowstone, there was plenty of parking available and our room was very large. It had a bit of a smell (not a bad smell) when you first entered the room, it was a bit like they had gone overboard with the Febreze! The room was clean and had everything we needed for a one night stay. It was really quiet at the Super 8 so we had an excellent night’s sleep. Free wifi was also available

The breakfast was OK nothing to really shout about, a small designated seating area in reception where there was a selection of cereals, toast, waffles, muffins, fresh fruit, tea, coffee & juice, enough to get you started for the 80 mile trip to Yellowstone’s West Entrance.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I was at this hotel for one night with my wife and 2 kids, and is a good location hotel, is very close to everything that Rexburg has to offer, and the indoor pool is a plus, be aware of heated pool is only for the small pool not the bigger one, the bigger one is cold!!!.
Overall the Hotel is very clean, organize, very cozy, good parking, good value, if you will travel with small kids, I will suggest to ask for the top floor rooms, because you can hear everything from whoever is on top of your room, when that using the bathroom, walking, etc, having the top room will solve the problem and your kids will sleep just fine.
I will also suggest to buy for your breakfast, the breakfast in the hotel is very limited and very small, if you have kids this will be a problem, nevertheless is a good value breakfast if you are going by yourself.
I have see only two people from the staff, I was there only for the weekend one night, so that can be a factor, but the ones that I came in contact with where very nice and polite, not friendly or engage in the business if you know what I mean, it looks like they are there just for the paychecks for the 8 hours and done, if you are looking for an outstanding, friendly and accommodating staff this will not be the place, whoever, you will not find a rude or impolite staff.
I did not bring my computer to try the WIFI, so I can not give you any inside on this service, but they do have a computer near the Lobby to use that have internet access.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Western USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

This location has the best and worst of what I see in chain hotels.

First the good:
Nice people accomodating my needs and allowing for a late checkout.
Good price comparatively with other local hotels.
Clean room.
Good location right on town.

Now the bad:
Internet access kept cutting out. I work from my hotel room and this drove me nuts.
Cable TV cut out a few times. No Internet and no TV?!? I might as well sleep in my car.
So I went to the hot tub or should I say the barely luke warm tub. C'mon people. It's called a HOT tub for a reason. Then to make matters worse, only 2 jets were working and only slightly then.
Lastly whoever the brainiac was to install slippery granite tiles on the floor around the hot tub should be sent back to 2nd grade. I nearly killed myself even though I was walking VERY slowly

The worst part of that experience was that I timed my hot tub visit with three elderly French people, two of them men in Speedos. That's not the hotel's fault but it was just funny adding insult to injury.

• Stayed February 2011
Cheyenne, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Stayed one night enroute to Yellowstone. This is a basic, no frills hotel. A good value and OK for one night. The front desk clerk was very friendly, and helpful. We arrived on a Sunday and a lot of places were closed. She directed us to a nice, local restaurant for dinner. No refrigerator in the room, if that's important to you. The free breakfast was just OK. My husband was happy because they had a waffle maker. It's a domestic model, though, not one of the commercial types you usually see at hotels.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
anderson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

Our stay was excellent, we were very pleased with everything and will definantly stay there again!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

I have no complaints about the Rexburg Super 8. The price was low, the breakfast was good (pancakes!), the service was absolutely excellent, and they are in the process of adding on a pool! We used the motel's computer without any problem, we enjoyed the large TV channel selection, and I never felt uncomfortable. I'm sometimes obsessive when it comes to cleanliness, but I never had a reason to doubt the motel or to feel icky. It's one of the nicest I've stayed at, and deserves the "Pride of Super 8" name.

• Liked — The nice lady at the front desk.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
meandgracie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

The staff was nice except for one guy. I had never said a word to him and didn't know him. On our final day there, after staying a couple of weeks, this employee came over to me out of the blue and criticized me, to my face, for taking "too long a vacation." This was downright bizarre (and by the way, we weren't even on vacation).

I called the hotel and spoke to a desk agent, who was sorry and she told me to write a letter to the owner. I wrote the letter and never heard back from them.

Stayed August 2007

Travelers are raving about these Rexburg hotels

Been to Super 8 Rexburg? Share your experiences!