“My order was wrong and they refused to fix it without charging me again.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Original Thai

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 59 Restaurants in Rexburg
Cuisines: Thai
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“My order was wrong and they refused to fix it without charging me again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I'm a vegetarian and ordered something off the menu that had no meat listed. So just to be safe I asked the waitress to make sure there was no meat on it. She seemed confused but said it will come as listed on the menu, with no meat. So she brings it out and it has chicken all over it. I ask her what happened and tell her I can't eat it. She asks what the problem is and honestly seemed not to understand why, as a vegetarian, I wouldn't want chicken on my food. I ask her what can be done about it and she went to the back to talk it over with her boss or chef or whoever. They refused to make me what I ordered without charging me twice, so needless to say it sat there on the table untouched. Then the waitress asked if I wanted a to-go box. Seriously.

Don't waste your time here, the service was terrible, the employees completely incompetent and unwilling to fix their mistakes. Not my mistake, their mistake. Worst dining experience ever. Been a vegetarian for a decade and this was the first time this has ever happened to me to this extent.

Visited September 2011

Dallas
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

We ate there one night on our trip. When you walk in, you might be tempted to walk out, because it's a little hole in the wall type place. But, don't! The food was so very good. We had tofu curried noodles and eggplant. Just wished I'd had room to eat more. They serve no alcohol. Would recommend this restaurant without hesitation.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rexburg, ID
“A Lesser Known Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

This is a small family restaurant with only a half dozen tables that takes great pride in their food. We have eaten there six or seven times over the past two years and have always found the food to be of high quality. The family and employees are very attentive. The cost is reasonable and the portions large enough that we take food home.

Most recently, we ate lunch at the Original Thai and were very pleased. The menu is a little limited, with no meat other than chicken available as a lunch special, but one can always order from the larger menu if more variety is desired.

This little place is a favorite of some of our friends as well. Visitors can enjoy it with confidence.

• Visited January 2011