“Cancellation Policy needs to be improved” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Great Gift Certificates
Ranked #1 of 2 Post Falls B&B and Inns
Nieuw-Vennep, The Netherlands
“Cancellation Policy needs to be improved”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was planning on staying at this location for one night and my trip was cancelled due to a airline issue. I called and talked to Maureen and she was very blunt about cancellation policy that I would receive only the difference between $30.00 and the $88.00 if the room was re rented for the night I cancelled. This was two days before and she told me that they had had many opportunities to rent the room and because it was already rented they had to turn away customers.

Understanding that if the room was re rented I might see some of my $88.00 back I was satisfied and completed a follow up email to Maureen in order to make it clear that I would like the room to be re rented.

I never received a response to my email until this morning (after my room reservation date).

This morning (European time) I received an email from Maureen with subject line ETA? Time dated 11:30 pm (CST). Asking when I planned on showing up?

Poor customer service or a tactic to still get the full $88.00 ($95.00 with tax) out of a room that they could have re rented.

I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it was a miss understanding but as I sent a follow up email I am now not so sure.

A clear cancellation policy attached to the invoice they emailed to me would have been nice to know and if they would have worked with me a little bit even better.
Not my fault that my plane was not able to get out of Europe on time.

Was planning on staying there on a future trip tot he area, after this experience and policy issue I think I will find some other location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Maureen and Al S, Owner at Ida-Home B&B, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We pride ourselves in treating our guests with kindness and personal care. This review was a total surprise to us.
We try very hard to be as clear, informative as possible up front concerning our business policies. Our website clearly states our concellation policy and so does the our confirmation our guests receive the day of their booking.
We are sorry that Paula failed to see our written policy prior to booking. We RE-SENT the confirmation form and asked Paula what we could do to restore her to a potential guest again. As of now (eleven days later), Paula has not reponded which leaves a void in a potential good relationship.
We have never personally met this lady. IDA HOME B&B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed with Maureen and Al as my daughter was doing the Ironman 2013.
Pleasantly rural and away from hustle & bustle despite this convenient for the race venue.
Lovely rooms, good food and warm hospitality
Would heartily recommend this B&B
J & A

Walla Walla, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We loved our stay at IdaHome with Maureen and Al. The setting is very quiet - out of the way, but close enough to all of the action. Their home is so beautiful, nestled in the woods, the decor is inviting and comfortable, the rooms were amazing...the bed was super soft, and I could have slept away our entire vacation. They are thoughtful about every little thing, and top it off, master chefs...breakfast was to die for! Their coffee was incredible...wow, and a special treat (I won't spoil the surprise for anyone else) for our wedding anniversary. We will definitely be back, and we highly recommend staying there!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Dogwood - so much room and soooo beautiful!
Willmar, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great B&B East of Spokane, WA. Very quiet and elegant in every way. Minutes South of Highway Exit to Post Falls, Idaho in the woods. A Private home with the most GLORIOUS bed and linens this side of heaven. We must not fail to add the breakfast of Quiche and berry yogurt parfait and fresh brewed coffee was a nice way to start the day.

Room Tip: We had a very spacious room opening onto the rear yard/firepit.
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

In mid June I embarked on a cross country jaunt after my retirement and once
again had an opportunity to visit the northern part of the beautiful state
of Idaho. I contacted Al and Maureen with my itinerary and they fortunately
had a room available. I was very happy they could take me in.

This was my second stay at their B&B. The first time was the best B&B
experience my wife, son and I ever had. That was back in 2009.
Then, as on this trip, Al and Maureen were very accommodating, friendly and
made me feel a part of their home. The room I stayed in was wonderfully
decorated, immaculately clean, and very comfortable and quiet. The grounds
are very well kept, and the view from their front porch across the lawn to
the mountains in the background is awesome! A little piece of country
paradise near the the city! The breakfast was a filling mix of fruit, juice,
and an oatmeal/cranberry bake smothered with more fruit (I love fruit). It
was absolutely delicious!

I was alone on this trip, and when I talked to my wife back home she was very
envious that I was enjoying the stay without her (hopefully next time she
can make the trip with me). By the way, the name of the B&B, Ida-Home, is
very appropriate, because when I'm there, Al and Maureen make me feel right
at home in Idaho.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Two years ago my wife and I visited Ida-Home B&B to get away and celebrate our anniversary. We were absolutely delighted to have happened upon this elegant B&B. Beautiful scenic location, comfortable room, great food and simply delightful hosts. The experience was so good that for our next anniversary we were eager to repeat it. A can't miss B&B!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

With a teenager at home, it is hard to get away. It was wonderful to find such a peaceful retreat so close to home. The room was beautiful and spotless. We loved the comfort and quiet. Al and Maureen truly have a gift of hospitality. The breakfasts were delicious and the conversations over coffee were great. After two days we walked away rested and feeling like we had made new lifelong friends. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ida-Home B&B? Share your experiences!