Of the hundreds of hotels I've stayed in, the clerk on duty here gave me an all time cold and unprofessional welcome which I will never forget. He never asked or referred to me by name (nor did I offer it), or required any form of identification when checking in. (He just asked if I was staying for 3 nights. When I was surprised that he knew this, he said it was because I was the last person he was waiting to check in that evening - it was 7:30pm). He did not confirm what kind of room I wanted, just shoved a piece of paper in front of me and told me to sign it and handed me a key. There was nobody else waiting and the place was dead, so his attitude that conveyed that I was a monument bother to him was uncalled for. Since it was a prepaid reservation, anyone could have checked into my room for free. At risk of being a further nuisance, I had to ask a few questions if there was anything about the hotel that I wanted to know, such as breakfast hours. He was all too eager to get back to his computer that I had pulled him away from. I felt I was inconveniencing him in the worst way by needing to check in. Upon further inquiry with other clerks who were more sympathetic and kind, I discovered that he was one of the employees who has been there the longest. I see that he's been negatively referred to in other reviews here as well.
Then at 6am I received a wake up call that I never asked for. I called the front desk, was told that there was not supposed to be a wake up call for my room. I asked to please make sure that it doesn't happen again, as I was badly in need of sleep. Next morning the same thing happened. The response was ho hum, no apology, no concern - just that I was wrong, that there was no wake up call scheduled for my room.
I concur with the number of reviews about the rooms being small and claustrophobic. I was by myself and was put in a handicap accessible room with one queen bed where there was barely room to move, except in the bathroom. If I was truly handicapped, or trying to move around another person in that room it would have been nearly impossible, and I'm a small guy who practices yoga regularly!. Eight years ago this was a thriving Super 8 with loving concerned employees. Now the hotel is dead and I saw very few cars ever parked in the lot. I have very little wonder why.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Ponderay Idaho Hotel Ponderay
- Howard Johnson Ponderay Idaho Hotel
- Motel 6 Sandpoint
- Motel Six Sandpoint
- Sandpoint Motel 6
- Sandpoint Motel Six
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer a free continental Breakfast, free WIFI, direct TV with over 100 channels, 24 hour Jacuzzi, on sight laundry and computer center. We are centrally located in the Sandpoint/Ponderay area. Our double queen rooms also have a microwave and refrigerator in them plus coffee makers, hair dryers, alarm clocks and iron with ironing board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.