“Price Is Right” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1399 Bench Road, Pocatello, ID 83201 (Formerly Holiday Inn Pocatello)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 14 hotels in Pocatello
montana
“Price Is Right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Got the room on priceline for $38.....no brainer....the hotel is an older property, but is in good shape.....has everthing.....good exercise room, huge indoor pool and hot tub area, restaurant, bar and the location is good.....applebee's next door and fast food also within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have to say the staff at this hotel makes up for its outdated look. The lobby is beautiful and decorated for Christmas during my stay. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Even got to meet one of the sales managers. Houseman offered to help with my luggage without me even asking. Love the huge pool area and the lounge. I ate two meals at the restaurant and they were both great. The steak kabobs are to die for. I will return next time I am in town.

• Stayed December 2012
ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review of our hotel. We love our guests and are so glad that you were able to experience our service. We hope that we will able to WOW you again sometime soon. Thanks again!
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Rooms are not secure, door knobs loose and heating and air are very noisy. Carpet is old and very stained, bed are most uncomfortable leading to a sleep free night. The service was okay, but needs to be stepped up at this old and outdated property. Large indoor pool makes this attractive to families for vacation and weekends, but that's about all the good I can give this review. V

Room Tip: Avoid go to newer properties off interstate. V
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not satisfied with our property.

We are constantly working on updates and upgrades to the hotel to make our guests more comfortable, but if you ever feel that your door or room is not secure at any property please inform the Front Desk as we can have maintenance look at it and fix the issue.

We pride ourselves on our excellent guest service and I hope that if you are in the area you will give us another change to impress you with it. Thank you again for your review.
Malad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Two of my work mates and I stayed at this hotel during a conference. We booked ahead of time and expected to be near one another. We were in the farthest annex from the main building, I on one side, the others on the opposite side and even then one of them was on the second floor and one on the bottom. There is a lot of construction going on in Pocatello and the rooms around me were full of construction workers hanging outside to smoke which made me, a single woman, a bit nervous. My room was quite small and faced away from the hotel. I would have felt more secure with my friends around me since I was in a remote spot. I loved the look of the lobby area and the gorgeous pool but felt like it was in another facility, too far to access easily. My location was more like a motel room, facing out onto the parking lot, on the ground floor with a big window next to a door that caught the curtain as it shut.
I ate in the restaurant for breakfast only and it was pretty good. The prices were reasonable and the staff friendly. The staff at the front desk that morning were friendly and very helpful too. The gentleman explained to me that when you book online you usually get the "smoking" rooms (the bottom of the barrel as compared to those who call and pay full price I assume). He said that as soon as we book online we should call to reserve our rooms and then we'd get them together.
One of my workmates found her room door open when she went to bring in her luggage. As she went cautiously in to inspect, she found the bathroom uncleaned and obviously recently used. When she brought it to their attention, the hotel placed her into another room right away. The other of my workmates said her toilet was stained and she believed it may have been cleaned, just not thoroughly. I thought my room was pretty clean and that's a good thing. I could not have stayed in a dirty room. I think the Clarion if a decent hotel if you have a room in the main building, facing into the pool area where it is more secure and closer to the restaurant and lobby. I personally don't like motels and how vulnerable they make me feel and the Clarion's outside rooms are just plain motel rooms. I met good staff everywhere so that is not a problem. I think housekeeping is sloppy and three needs to be more supervision there. That could hurt their business. I hope this helps. Cheers!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing inside the hotel, toward the pool area or at least one close to the main hotel...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your honesty.

Unfortunately when you book through a third-party website it doesn't guarantee your room type. The best thing to do is, as the Front Desk gentleman said, after booking give us a call directly we can put room type requests (location, bed size, non-smoking, etc.) on your reservation. But, unfortunately sold out nights or unexpected maintenance issues may prevent us from being able to fulfill those requests.

Your work mate did the right think to contact the Front Desk and I am glad that we were able to switch her room quickly and easily and that there were no issues in your room. We are always trying to train and better our staff in all areas of the hotel to make the guest experience better.

Thanks again for your review! We appreciate your business hope to see you again!
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed one night at the Clarion Pocatello for the Pocatello Marathon. It was a good host hotel for the marathon. Front desk staff were helpful in answering questions at check-in and providing directions to local restaurants and stores. Our room had a cigarette smell to it, although it was considered a non-smoking room, and it faced the highway so we did have some traffic noise. The cigarette smell was slightly bothersome, but the highway noise wasn't too bad. Noticeable, but not awful. Rooms were somewhat outdated and the bathroom was really outdated; however, the counter space outside the bathroom was sufficient and the beds were very, very comfortable. And at check-out, our rate was lower than was originally quoted, so we felt we got a good value for the price paid.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here for one night and it was the noisiest hotel we were ever in. The hotel sits almost on the highway and you would think they would upgrade the windows and doors but no. If you are someone who sleeps do not stay here, and Pocatello has no redeeming features its like one giant trailer park.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We apologize that you were unsatisfied with our property. We do have many room types which are not all located on the freeway side of the hotel. We have poolside rooms as well as rooms with an outside entrance that opens facing the lawn where in the summer we have volleyball, horseshoes and barbecue grills available. We would like to invite you back to stay in one of these rooms with us. On that note, we are constantly making updates throughout the hotel including the rooms. We appreciate your honest review and hope that you will consider staying with us again.
Mountain View, California, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was assigned a smoking room although I was requested non-smoking room through Joy Holiday, a tour company. The room was so smoky, I was afraid it could trigger my asthama. I went to frontdesk, I was told that rooms were full.

They sent an air purifier to my room, but it was so loud, I had to turn it off when I went to bed.

The room is facing the freeway, the noise of freeway was so loud, I could not fall to sleep.

I knew the mistake assigned me to a smoking room was done by Joy Holiday, but I don't think this hotel deserves a rating higher than 1 star.

Joy Holiday is suck as well. They don't care how tourist feels but they book the cheapest hotel possible in very remote area.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!