“Smoky Room with the Fan in the Bathroom Not Working, Highway Noise” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1399 Bench Road, Pocatello, ID 83201 (Formerly Holiday Inn Pocatello)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Mountain View, California, USA
“Smoky Room with the Fan in the Bathroom Not Working, Highway Noise”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was assigned a smoking room although I was requested non-smoking room through Joy Holiday, a tour company. The room was so smoky, I was afraid it could trigger my asthama. I went to frontdesk, I was told that rooms were full.

They sent an air purifier to my room, but it was so loud, I had to turn it off when I went to bed.

The room is facing the freeway, the noise of freeway was so loud, I could not fall to sleep.

I knew the mistake assigned me to a smoking room was done by Joy Holiday, but I don't think this hotel deserves a rating higher than 1 star.

Joy Holiday is suck as well. They don't care how tourist feels but they book the cheapest hotel possible in very remote area.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Hayden, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Very comfortable beds, immaculate room with ample down pillows. Very helpful staff at check-in and in the dining room. Great service, relaxing decor and good food in the restaurant. Most comfortable restaurant chairs ever. We will stay here again.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Rooms were clean and cool in the heat. Beds had a down mattress topper and were very comfortable. There is also good restaurant in-house for convenience. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, and the prices are competitive.

Room Tip: Stay away from the freeway side as I think the noise could be disturbing.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our property. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please remember us next time you are in Pocatello! We would love to accommodate you again.
Hemet, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Beautiful Hotel, Clean Room, Great Internet, Restaurant and Bar on site, Indoor Pool and Spa. Coffee in room.
No Frig or Micro...TV with great Cable listings.
My partner has some issues with walking and needed a room near the Bar and parking...No Problem with request.
No Free Breakfast but does have a restaurant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ClarionInnPocatello, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our property. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Next time you stay, ask the Front Desk to have a fridge and microwave delivered to your room free of charge. They are both available upon request. We hope to see you again soon!
HENDERSON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

While this hotel offers a nice restaurant, giant swimming area, and comfortable rooms, don't plan on doing much work on the internet. The signals they say are all over, but very, very weak.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thanks for the nice review of our property. We will be the first to admit we have had issues in the past with our internet connection. But our guests (like you) spoke and we listened! We are in the process of switching providers and installing all new equipment for a stronger internet connection throughout the entire hotel. Please stay with us again; I can personally guarantee you will have a better experience with our internet. Thank you again!
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was a perfect stop on our way to Montana. Nothing fancy but very comfortable and clean. Great value - they let me make a second reservation and honored a rate very close to what I paid on Expedia. They'll get our business again!

• Stayed June 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We used our choice privilege points for this stay. This is a large conference facility and hotel. I requested a bottom floor hotel room because I walk with a cane. They gave us a room on the outside of the hotel that was just steps from our parking space! Nice room that included a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Large bathroom and the shower had great water pressure. Very comfortable king bed with nice bedding. The furnishings may have been a bit outdated, but they were more than comfortable!

Indoor pool was wonderful! Shallow end for the kids and deeper end for adults to enjoy lap swimming. They also had a beautiful waterfall with a metal bear sculpture at one side of the pool, however that entire area could definitely use some renovations. Note - It was very slippery around the pool for both my husband and I! Also in the pool area was a hot tub, sauna and gym. Surrounding the pool on all sides were hotel rooms, which is a nice feature for families and those who plan on getting good use out of those facilities!

Overall, we greatly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!