“Comfortable beds - clean rooms!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1399 Bench Road, Pocatello, ID 83201 (Formerly Holiday Inn Pocatello)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Pocatello
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Comfortable beds - clean rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was a perfect stop on our way to Montana. Nothing fancy but very comfortable and clean. Great value - they let me make a second reservation and honored a rate very close to what I paid on Expedia. They'll get our business again!

• Stayed June 2012

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We used our choice privilege points for this stay. This is a large conference facility and hotel. I requested a bottom floor hotel room because I walk with a cane. They gave us a room on the outside of the hotel that was just steps from our parking space! Nice room that included a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Large bathroom and the shower had great water pressure. Very comfortable king bed with nice bedding. The furnishings may have been a bit outdated, but they were more than comfortable!

Indoor pool was wonderful! Shallow end for the kids and deeper end for adults to enjoy lap swimming. They also had a beautiful waterfall with a metal bear sculpture at one side of the pool, however that entire area could definitely use some renovations. Note - It was very slippery around the pool for both my husband and I! Also in the pool area was a hot tub, sauna and gym. Surrounding the pool on all sides were hotel rooms, which is a nice feature for families and those who plan on getting good use out of those facilities!

Overall, we greatly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2012
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This is a large hotel built around a huge indoor pool. The room was pleasant and the bed was comfortable. Our room entrance was on the outside of the building, so we had to walk a little way to get to the inside, the lobby, restaurant and the pool. This would be a problem if we were there in the dead of winter. The pool features a waterfall in one corner (with a bear sculpture). One section was deep and large enough to do laps with plenty of shallower space for children to play. My sister-in-law appreciated the available computer to access the Internet. I enjoyed the free wi-fi in rooms. We had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel. Only two tables occupied at any one time. Clearly this is not a local choice for taking Mother out for Mother's Day. The food choices were inventive. The execution was mixed. The prices were not the cheapest I've seen but were not overpriced as far as I could see for the quantity. Service in the restaurant and at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you visit in winter, ask for a room facing the inside for convenient access to pool and restauran...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our property. We are so glad to hear your stay was enjoyable. If you do visit us in the winter, please feel free to request a room on the inside of the hotel facing the pool. We will do our best to accommodate you.

As a side note, our restaurant may have been quiet on Mother's Day due to the fact we host a fantastic Mother's Day brunch in several of our banquet rooms. This year, we served over 250 local guests. Come try it next year; you will be blown away with the food selections and amazing tastes!
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Booked a night through Priceline for May 31. Called and spoke to Ashley twice prior to our arrival, first to confirm a non smoking King Room and she indicated no problem. I called again to confirm the room request and get the general manager's email address. I emailed Jason with some concerns about various negative comments posted on Tripadvisor and never heard back. Obviously nobody really cares! Upon our arrival, they booked us into a QUEEN ROOM non smoking, in spite of my two wasted telephone calls. We had stayed here a couple of years ago and nothing has really changed. The rooms are dated, relatively clean and service is average. If we would have paid the posted rate for this room, we would have been EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!

Room Tip: Probably want to find another hotel if possible.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ClarionInnPocatello, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for your review of our property. Unfortunately, when you book through Priceline.com, you are guaranteed a room but not necessarily a room type. You did the right thing by calling us direct to request a specific room type. But unfortunately, there are some instances where we are unable to accommodate your request (such as sold out night, or unplanned maintenance issues).

I am terribly sorry to hear you feel our property does not care. We pride ourselves in our customer service and try to treat every guest with the best service possible. On that note, I did not receive an email concerning your stay. My email address is jball2025@ida.net. Please check your records to make sure you were given the correct email. If you have any further comments concerning your stay, please feel free to email me at that address.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Jason Ball
Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend and it was average. Nothing amazing or spectacular. The rooms were adequate and everything was clean. I didn't like the layout of the hotel, but that is just a personal preference I guess. Half of the rooms are accessed through a walkway outside and half of the rooms are accessible from the lobby area. My room was a room that did not have access to the lobby unless you went outside. Not a big deal in this area.

While at the hotel I used the pool and hot tub which were good. I also visited the Whispers Lounge which is on site. The lounge had a nice atmosphere and good drinks.

It was also nice to be able to walk across the property to visit Applebee's, since they were open later than the lounge and restaurant in the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Logan, UT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed because it is pet friendly, a nice place outdoor space But, the room smelled and the carpet was filthy no going in your socks there, no fridge, no microwave, bed was a 4 out of 10 too soft, and no fan in bathroom. The staff was nice. Too bad it wasn't clean.

• Stayed May 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

If I didn't have to stay here with my son's team, I would have gone elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012
ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Clarion Inn. We sincerely apologize if you were unsatisfied with our property. You mentioned you felt our property had not been updated in 30 years; I would like to point out a few of our most recent upgrades. In the last few years alone we have installed new mirrors and granite counter tops in our guest room bathrooms. The bedding in every guest room has be updated and replaced. We recently installed flat screen televisions in our suites and will soon have them in every room. Last summer, we completely remodeled the outside our of property with beautiful brick and stucco. We have also renovated our public area restrooms.

One thing our property prides itself on is our goal to always update and improve. Please consider staying with us again and I am sure you will notice our improvements.

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!