“Good value, clean, great beds and linens” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1399 Bench Road, Pocatello, ID 83201 (Formerly Holiday Inn Pocatello)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Patagonia, Arizona
“Good value, clean, great beds and linens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We always stay here on our way through Pocatello. We have a dog, so it's a great place to stay if you have pets as well. All outside entrances. BIG grass meadow where you can walk/play with your dogs. Yes, it's a chain hotel, but the beds are really comfortable and nice linens.
It is right off the highway, so you do hear highway noise, but not with the heater or air conditioner on. There's an Appleby's right next door, so if you eat that kind of food, you can just walk there, not have to get back in your car after a long day's drive.
We stayed her when it used to be a Holiday Inn, now it's a Clarion, and the quality hasn't changed. Still food value and a restful night's sleep.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

I stayed at the Holiday Inn (now the Clarion as of this month) Sun 1/23 - Tues 1/25. The staff was incredible. I depended on the hotel shuttle to get me to and from the airport and also back and forth from the ISU campus. I notified them the night before when I needed a ride and someone was always ready.

My room was clean, well maintained, and typical of what you find at well run Holiday Inns (now a Clarion). My room was right off the pool which was a little loud when I went to sleep (which I admit was very early - 8:30PM) but the pool closes at 10PM and I was not disturbed.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It is conveniently located, the staff is excellent, and the property is clean. If you plan on doing any real exploring you should rent a car. I was staying just long enough to get my business done with no extra time so using the hotel shuttle was absolutely perfect for me.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Bountiful, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

We stayed at this Holiday Inn because we have stayed there in the past. They charged us for a duvet cover that we did not take after checking out because they said that we took it. I was reassured twice by the managers there that the charges would be reversed. They never were and still did not reverse them when I disputed it through my credit card company. Myself, my family, and friends will never be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

We found this hotel very accomodating. We asked for 2 rooms next to us, we have teens so we also asked to be bottom floor near the pool. They gave us all that. It was great fun for the kids. We never heard noise late at night. The rooms were clean. After I had read all the nagative reviews I thought we were in for a disaster, but to our suprise it was really fun. We just stayed one night. Grandma and Grandpa stayed in the next room and they enjoyed getting to spend so much time with the grandkids in the pool area with ping pong and all. Maybe the negative reviews put this place in gear and is now much better?

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed here recently for one night. This property has the "Holidome," which was a big deal about 25 YEARS ago. That said, it has one of the largest hotel pools I've ever seen, so if you have kids and they like to be in the pool, they'll LOVE this!

Other reviewers have recommended that, if you don't have kids who plan to use the pool, ask for a room that opens outdoors. I wish we had done that. The other peoples' kids who were in the pool make a lot of noise (they're KIDS) and it carries into the guest rooms. The pool closes at 10, so after that it was not difficult to sleep.

It looks like this property has upgraded their beds, linens, etc, and maybe the bathrooms. The rest of the place looks like it's an old Holiday Inn. We slept well, and were comfortable. The room was clean, as was the bath. We did not try the restaurant.

One caveat to future guests: Pocatello basically rolls up the streets on Sunday. NONE of the highly rated restaurants was open, so we ended up at Applebees, which was actually not bad. It was certainly convenient, being on the opposite side of the parking lot of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Maybe there are rooms that are worth the price but the room I stayed in wasn't. The room was in the pool area which means that it was very clammy inside. It also had a strange smell. If you stay at this hotel try to get a room outside the pool area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Pocatello
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

The hot tub may be now up and running, but at a temp too hot to use. I complained to an employee at 3 o'clock that the temp needed to be lowered. He said he'd get the request to Maintenance. At 8 o'clock other guests at the tub area said that they couldn't get in either - just too hot!

Seriously - what's the problem here?

As always - poor Management.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!