“Outdated, ants, thread bare sheets, understaffed” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1555 Pocatello Creek Road, Pocatello, ID 83201   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Pocatello, Idaho
“Outdated, ants, thread bare sheets, understaffed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here 5 nights over Thanksgiving holiday. Wished I had stayed at the Marriott , as usual. I'm sure this place has seen better days, but it was a disappointment on so many levels. Staff told us they weren't making money, so that is why housekeeping wasn't available unless you want them to wake you up at the crack of dawn. Then when you saw your newly made made bed the sheetes we're see through. We told them about it and they did it again the next day, the food for breakfast is the same every day and not much variety. My 4 year old granddaughter was the first to see a man passed out on the ground next to my car. He was inebriated and had gashed his head open. We called 911 and notified staff. He stumbled after several tries into the hotel. We found ants in the beds and elsewhere. They need a complete remodel or they should close.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
DavMalon, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pocatello, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you very much for providing helpful feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you had in… We take all of our guest’s comments seriously as they assist us in providing better service. We hope you will be staying with us again so we can prove our ability to exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Boise,ID
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Room was dirty. Carpet was nasty, refrigerator was uncleaned and unusable. Hall smelled and was dingy. Charge each guest for breakfast and require you to submit an additional card so they can add a $40 incidental charge that they say will be reimbursed if not used. We'll see...

Dirtest hotel I have ever stayed in for this price range. We were also evacuated by Pocatello PD the morning we were checking out as a "suicidal gunman" was at large...

No apology from the hotel...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
DavMalon, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pocatello, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the cleanliness in your guest room and we will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff.
Thank you for your feedback you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!
Pocatello
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Door from parking lot into building was never shut tight. Anyone could enter whether he/she had a room key or not.

Tables in breakfast area needed bussing. I asked the lady working the breakfast if she had more plates. She snapped that she was working on it. When she brought out the plates, she half-apologized by saying that she was the only one working. It was obvious that she did not have enough help to be able to keep the food containers filled, the tables bussed, etc.

We had to shut off the refrigerator in our room as it kept cycling on and off and was very noisy each time it kicked on.

Oyen, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

There was a five dollar charge for breckfast but it was well worth the money. I will definitely stay here again on my way home. We had no issues with the room. Had two queens and they very comfortable to sleep on.

• Stayed October 2013
Ashton, Id
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I were in town to visit our son at ISU. We found Redlion on a search engine. The photos on their website are photos of the actual hotel. Very nice for the price! The king sized bed was very comfortable. Our room was clean and properly stocked. I really liked the pool & hot tub area. We took advantage of the quick start breakfast and it was ok. I'm picky though, so the food may be better to you.
I will recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family!

Pocatello
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Ths is the best hotel in the area and I have stayed in most off them. The best part of the stay was the lounge/resturant. The girl tending bar was friendly and gave excellent service. I will stay in this hotel everytime I,m in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I almost never write reviews because usually the stay is ok. This time, however, I am going to take my time to write one as this was by far the worst stay ever. I have stayed at one star hotels before and this one, though rated as three star, was way worse than any one star hotel I have ever stayed at. I am attaching a picture of the creature sitting on my pillow as I was getting ready for bed. We called the front desk who told us to come to pick up keys from different hotel room. We suggested they may want to come get rid of this bug while it is sitting on the pillow but they couldn't care less (someone else will get to enjoy his company).
We got offered free breakfast ($12 value) to make up for it. No apology, let alone dropping the charge for the hotel room. The room we switched had missing battery in the remote and wasn't very clean either -- so the poor hotel management is definitely a pattern here. We asked front desk person to have manager call us when he gets to work to sort this out, but have never received a call. I was worried all night long about the bug crawling on me, so I couldn't sleep. Avoid this hotel at all costs. You better off staying at Motel6.

Room Tip: No good room here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
DavMalon, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pocatello, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I would like to thank you for your review! All feedback, good or bad, assists us in making our guests stay more comfortable. I would like to truly apologize for your guest room situation and lack of follow through regarding it. It is always our intent to respond immediately to guest issues and I am sorry that we failed to do so. This is definitely not the type of stay we want our guests to have. Again, thank you for addressing these concerns and I hope we have to opportunity to serve you in the future.

Been to Red Lion Hotel Pocatello? Share your experiences!