“Nice Suite” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Lake Jackson, Texas
“Nice Suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Well situated for access to Idaho State U, just down the hill and over. Staff was very friendly (maybe a bit too overtly for a New Englander like me). Very high shower head (nice for a tall person to not have to stoop). Breakfast was free, with enough to get a quick bite; don't expect a full breakfast but it's good if you like a yogurt, cereal, and some juice. There was some foot noise from the people walking about in the room above.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I travel to Pocatello on business once a year. I don't know why I didn't stay here last year as I am a Marriott's Reward member. I thought it might be new, but when I asked the front desk guy said it had been there about seven years!! It sure doesn't look it! Still has a "new" feel to it.
Nice sized rooms with the fridge, etc. Comfy bed. Right next to a Ruby Tuesday if you'd rather not have the Happy Hour food. And they also will provide "room service" from there.
Two negatives: my room was incredibly noisy. I am usually not bothered by noise, but I was at the end of the hall where four rooms all come together. I could hear the woman in the room next to me on every single phone conversation she had. Also people going up and down the stairs made quite a racket.
Also, although the housekeeper must have dusted (things I had arranged on the coffee table were all neatly stacked on top one another) she did not vacuum (or did a lousy job). There was smashed popcorn on the floor in several places - I didn't go looking for it.

Room Tip: Not at the end of the hall, or next to the stairs!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I've stayed at a number of Towneplace Suites because I like having the kitchen facilities and more space to accommodate our family of four. This is one of the nicest Towneplace Suites in which I've ever stayed. We wished that we could have stayed there longer. We had a 2 bedroom suite. One thing I did find lacking was the breakfast choices: no protein unless you're a fan of hard-boiled eggs, and some of the breads available were a little old. Across the parking lot from the hotel is a Ruby Tuesday's.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We have been visiting Pocatello for years as my Grandparents lived there. We never really needed a hotel. However, with the recent funeral, all of the family convened in Pocatello and almost all of us stayed at the Marriott. Finally, a Marriott in Pocatello!

The TownPlace suites is a fantastic place to stay for people visiting Pocatello. It is near an interstate, I-15, near ISU, and not far from, well, anything. The rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast was pretty decent, with a waffle maker, hardboiled eggs, oat meal, pastries, milk, OJ, and the such. No scrambled eggs or hot stuff like that. Otherwise, good food and a nice lady that helped to set it all up.

The management also upgraded my parents to a large suite, which was highly needed, because they were Platinum members. Be sure to ask about an upgrade.

Finally, the amenities are nice, such as the pool, hot tub, and work out room. There is even a Ruby Tuesday's within walking distance.

If you're in the area, and need a place to stay, check it out!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Richmond, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Very large room and very clean. This is designed for long-term stays and is a suite setup with a mini-kitchenette. The desk personnel were very friendly and tried to meet our needs. Good people.

One thing I really appreciated was there were no hoops to go through to get to the internet, and the connection was strong and reasonably fast. Good move, Towne Place Suites!

Breakfast was typical motel fare—adequate but nothing special.

Downside: The TV reception is very poor; the room thermostats are difficult to figure out; there is no ice machine and we didn’t have any ice in the one tiny tray in the room refrigerator.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Was in town on business. I used to stay at the red lion, but it's fallen off a bit. The hospitals nearby this hotel, it's much newer, and a Ruby Tuesday restaurant is next door as well, with a nice bar.

I had a 2BR suite, way too much for one person. I didn't have bed problems. I thought they were ok. Not hilton quality but good.

My only complaint is the breakfast. I like to have a warm meal - eggs, bacon...but they don't have. They do have biscuits and gravy, so I settled.

Overall a good pick. Oh mention at Ruby Tuesday you're staying and you get a 15% discount.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jeffery G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pocatello, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hi Fella!

Wonderful to hear that you had a comfortable experience with us, it is nice to have Ruby Tuesday and Cafe Tuscano close, accessible and willing to give our guests a discount.

We have been doing our best to spruce up the continental breakfast with flavored waffles, biscuits and gravy, kiwi and other touches. Our number one goal is top notch service, from breakfast to bedtime!

Thank you for the feedback!
Alta, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Very clean and looks new... overall, everything was pretty nice except the extremely firm bed. We are elite rewards members and stay at alot of Marriott properties, and this bed was probably the hardest out of any of them.

good location off freeway, easy access to many areas of Pocatello.

probably 3.5 stars, but since the bed was the only thing I could pick on (and it is an important thing)... I decided a 4 was more fair then a 3.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Pocatello? Share your experiences!