“Friendly staff and nice amenities” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Boise
“Friendly staff and nice amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

Checked in early and they had a room ready for me at 11:00 AM. Stayed in a two bedroom suite with a full kitchen including all the accompaniements(plates,silverware,pans). Loved the fridge microwave and stove top/oven for feeding the kids. The room was decorated beautifully and was very clean. The pool indoor was small but adequate to keep the kids busy. Very nice hot tub. Scott at the front desk was great helping us find a kid friendly restaurant. We loved the personalized notes from the housekeepers! We would stay there again in a heartbeat!!!!!!

• Liked — Spacious room
  • Disliked — Small pool
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Salt Lake City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

We used some of my hard-earned Marriott Rewards points for a two night stay. Man, I wish I had them back!
We're a family of four and were told we were given a small room since we "weren't paying." I don't know how many nights at other Marriott properties it took to accumulate those points, but we sure "paid" for the stay.
The sofa bed is basically a twin, although the desk clerk said Marriott calls it a double. It was only 40 inches or so wide. We had to get a rollaway which made it impossible to move around the room.
Little things were disappointing. We were ready for bed and it took the desk clerk 45 minutes to get a sheet for the rollaway. The breakfast was lacking several items on Sunday morning and it wasn't a case of them being out of product, it was a case of the staff talking to a guest for 20 minutes.
The room layout was cramped, even without the rollaway. The television is placed in the worst possible spot.
Fortunately we didn't spend a lot of time in the room as we had all-day activities.
I'll pass on this property next time.....

• Liked — Hot Tub
  • Disliked — Small rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
magnamatt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2008

I recently stayed here on an extended stay while transitioning to a new job. I stayed for 90 days, and was in the same room the entire stay.

This has many great features for an extended stay--Range, fridge, microwave, coffee-maker, cabinets, dishes, and basic pots and pans. They'll even leave you microwave popcorn as fast as you can eat it.
I stayed in a 1 bdr suite. Having the bedroom separate from the living room/kitchen area was nice. The rooms have ~32 inch LCD TV's with basic cable and HBO. There are even a few digital and HD channels available if you go searching.

The bathroom was small, but sufficient. I was on the 3rd floor, and wireless internet was only available on the 1st...but they have ethernet cables should you need them to connect directly.
Everything in the room was good.

I had a 3x/week cleaning service. Only 1 time a week was supposed to be a "full clean." I would say that they wiped my toilet down maybe 3 times over 3 months. Vacuuming was not high on the list either. Basic house-cleaning duties were performed--bed made, new shampoo, etc.
The pool/hot tub area is very clean, and good to use. The exercise area is good, but very hot...open a window. They recently placed a TV in there.

Breakfast is the normal fare--waffles, cereal, donuts, juice. I didn't eat much breakfast, but when I did, it was good.

Highlights---95% of the staff was extraordinarily friendly and helpful. Every request was promptly answered.

Lowlights---there is one staff member (grumpy old guy with an earring and a hat) who was not friendly. When my kids/wife would come to visit, he was scolding my kids about being too loud headed to the pool, and just not very friendly.

The beds are VERY VERY VERY uncomfortable. Something you'd expect from a motel 6. I felt beds in other rooms...and all the same.

The walls are PAPER thin. When I had a neighbor, I heard things from phone conversations, snoring, his alarm at 5:30 AM, and other un-
mentionable sounds. I also was right next to the elevator...which I heard going every time.

I'm fairly low maintenance, so I didn't complain or ask to be changed to a new room. But these items might deflect me to another motel in the area.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2007

New hotel - Aug 07. Decor in lobby & rooms very nice. Suite rooms are great for family with full fridge & cooking area's, even dishwasher. BUT: Micro in our first room #102,didn't work, there was a large mold patch growing in the shower-gross. We heard every sound starting at 5 am - people coming & going. Moved to another room for the next nights stay, 4th floor much better. Both rooms were Not stocked, especially in the kitchen, had to ask the cleaning staff for plates, bowls, utensils & a garabge can (they really need to go off some kind of checklist). Both kitchens also had dirty dishes that needed to be cleaned prior to use -yuk! 12a -7a staff - Not helpful at all, in fact pushed changing our rooms on to the next shift.

• Liked — having cooking facilities
  • Disliked — kitchens not stocked & dirty dishes, bathrooms not clean
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2007

Nice, clean hotel with small kitchen area. We were in a King studio suite. The bedding was nice; however the bathroom was small with the sink basin uncomfortably close to the wall. Also there was only one trash bin which I finally found in the closet. The flat screen tv was great, but was placed in an awkward spot for watching it while in bed. The room would be fine for a single person to stay in for an extended period, but I would not recommend an extended stay for a couple in this size suite. The staff were not terribly friendly; we only stayed for one night and were told by them that the hotel was intended for longer stays. I probably would not stay here again unless I really needed a kitchen.

• Liked — Plasma tv
  • Disliked — Small poorly designed bathroom
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

Traveling accross country with my lab and this hotel was great.
Dog friendly, brand new and clean. The location of this hotel is perfect ;close to but not on the intersate so very little traffic noise.

• Stayed September 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to TownePlace Suites Pocatello? Share your experiences!