“TownPlace Suites Pocatello, ID” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Rockwall, Texas
“TownPlace Suites Pocatello, ID”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I am a Marriott Executive Platinum customer and this property exceeded my expectations for a TownPlace Suites! The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. No bedbugs. Free breakfast. The only negative is that it was hard to find the turn-in to actually get to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Adirondack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

After a sleepless night in Fairfield Inn in Kennewick, WA and then a long drive to Pocatello we slept all night in our quiet room. I heard in the evening noises of the highway but too far away to be disturbed at night. We picked up our dinner at Ruby Friday and ate in our room which had a full refrigerator, stove and microwave. Ruby Tuesday gave us 10% discount because we were staying at the hotel.
Breakfast was a typical affair, wireless worked fine, room and bathrooms were very clean. Would return any time we're in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

This is a very nice facility, even for 1 or 2 nights. Very spacious rooms and the hotel was spotless. Even had popcorn in the room for us to munch on.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
furnitureruss
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed at the TownPlace Suites in Pocatello in August 2011. Let me begin by saying that the people who work here are warm, friendly, and very accomodating. There is plenty of free parking, a Ruby Tuesday right next door (literally next door - less than a one minute walk). The rooms are designed like an efficiency (full fridge, stove top, etc), yet my room which was room 416 smelled a bit moldy. I can't say that I wouldn't stay here again, but I can tell you that my room (and I can't speak for all rooms) had an odor of mildew and mold. I am attaching a photo of the evident mold that is around the base of the bath tub/shower. Please don't assume this place isn't worth the cost. The hotel is convenient from the freeways, and the people who work here are as nice as can be.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Concord, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights while visiting family in Pocatello. We stayed in a 2 bedroom King Suite which was ample room for the 3 adults, 2 kids & 1 dog. The kitchen and refrigerator came in handy as we were able to prepare most lunches and snacks in the room instead of eating out. The hotel and room were very clean and the hotel staff were warm, friendly and accommodating. The beds were comfy and showers were hot. Breakfast consisted of waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, a variety of cold cereals, fresh oatmeal, coffee, juice, and assorted muffins. The dining area was nice and not too crowded each day we were there (Wed-Sun).

One complaint is that the walls aren't soundproof, we could hear the loud people next door while we were trying to fall asleep. These same people were doing cannon balls in the pool and creating huge waves for our little swimmers so I'd say the complaint is more directed towards the loud and inconsiderate guests who happened to be in the room next door. We weren't bothered with them enough to complain to hotel staff but I'm sure they would have been responsive if we had. Also, the Wi-Fi is also a bit of a joke... it was hardly worth using. I wouldn't stay here if I was depending on using the wi-fi capabilities. For our family trip, it wasn't really an issue.

Overall, nice place to stay. We took advantage of the pool, gym facilities, breakfast, etc. and don't have any major complaints. I will definitely stay here again when we visit family again next year!

Room Tip: Ask for free upgrade before you arrive. If they have availability, they will probably give you a nic...
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed one night in this Hotel in a two bedroom suite. It was nice enough, but he walls were banged up and one had a large hole. Some maintenance is needed here. The a/c worked well and the breakfast was good and ready early as we had to leave for a long road trip.

Was no hair dryer in room, but the front desk would supply. They do not bring it to your room you have to go down to get this, as we did for the dryer as well as an extra blanket.

Price was reasonable and the Ruby Tuesday's next door is a nice place.

Clemmons, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

This place looks good at the start, but once you get inside you notice the worn dirty carpet and hallways being in need of a vacuum cleaner. The room appears in good shape, but has an odd smell and was dark. First thing was the TV would not come on, I was told to just unplug it and wait a few minutes, sometimes it jams up. Then the barking dog, I know the place is pet friendly, but the front desk argued that there was not a dog beside of us. Finally the room admitted to having a dog, but we were told managment could do nothing about the barking. I wiil, without a doubt find someplace else to stay on my return trip.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Pocatello? Share your experiences!