“very good for a cheap place to sleep” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Pocatello - Chubbuck

You added Motel 6 Pocatello - Chubbuck to your Saves list
Motel 6 Pocatello - Chubbuck
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   291 West Burnside Avenue, I-15 at Exit 72, I-86 at Exit 61, Pocatello, ID 83202   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Jackson, Wyoming
“very good for a cheap place to sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

all we did was pull off the hwy to sleep but I was very pleased. This place was clean, cheap and the beds we not too bad, a little hard but I sleep on memory foam so the comparison isn't fare to the hotel. If you're looking for a place to crash and are not too picky then stop here, best price you're going to find in this area for sure!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

..stayed here on the way to Spokane, WA, and on the way back. It was great... Staff was very helpful - accomodations were great. Room was clean (both times). Pool was warm and very clean - laundry facilities worked well and were cheap. Everything worked out perfect. The price was right, too. Would highly recommend this Motel 6 for anyone. No unsavory characters hanging around (like some). Safe neighborhood - right off the freeway.... A Plus

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Santa Rosa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Another stay in this Motel 6 on way to daughter's wedding in Montana. Arrived late in day without my usual reservation but had no problems securing a room. As with previous stays recent stays this time was also uneventful, and I wasn't disappointed as I had been several years ago. This property has changed ownership and has been cleaned up along with renovations to the rooms. Service and cleanliness at this place has improved ten fold over say, ten years ago when I stayed here. I would recommend this place again if you are in area and need a clean, comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Machynlleth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We had a good value room at this Motel. I was in one room and my two friends shared a different room - they reckoned they found a cockroach in the bathroom but I suspect it was a large ant or similar!

It took a long time to get checked in at Reception - but I think this could be a one off problem as everyone had arrived at once. They rang when I had been in the room a while to check everything was OK - it was, the room was clean and functional with good Air Con.

The problem with this Motel seemed to be with some of the other guests. While checking in the girl said she was on her own as the manager was dealing with a disturbance by the pool, after dinner I thought it would be nice to sit by the pool whilst filling in a couple of documents I needed to complete - while I was doing this some toothless simpleton got in the pool, WITH HIS DOG! I was going to have a quick dip but abandoned this idea. Also while sitting by the pool I was treated to full details of someones current divorce proceedings. It was evident that a lot of the people on the pool side of the Motel are living in the Motel. Later on in the evening an extremely stupid woman gave her children fireworks to set off in the car park. There also seemed to be a lot of late night vehicle movement in the car park. I wonder whether there was drug deals going on somewhere in the Motel with all the 5 minute visitors. However I stress I saw no evidence of this and I had an undisturbed nights sleep. I would stsay here again, but only as an overnight stop.

Room Tip: I think you would be better off asking for a room on the top floor here.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
LInda S, General Manager at Motel 6 Pocatello - Chubbuck, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
We are working on up grading the propertty. Please stop and try us again soon.
Park City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

I stayed here for a night while driving through the area. It seemed to be a typical motel 6, no frills, clean enough, the mattress should probably be replaced soon though. The staff tried really hard to be accommodating, and even called the room a couple hours after check-in to see how everything was. Overall it was a decent place to spend the night.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Ithaca, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

Totally no-frills, but clean and well cared-for. Easy check-in, the usual Motel 6 amenities ($2,99 wi-fi, tv, ac). Good shower. We'd been put off by some of the earlier reviews, but it looks as if this place has really turned around in the past year or so, and you can't beat the price -- it's a great value.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

Have stayed at this particular motel several times in the past fifteen years and had mixed results. First few stays were OK, then over the years seems like each stay was worse than the last. However, this trip I decided to give the place another try while on my way from California to Montana. Seems like this place has changed, for the better, from my past experiences. Property was much cleaner, in and out..lobby was clean, and the management was genuinely interested in ensuring I had what I needed in order to have a good experience. Room was upstairs this time and made a world of difference from past times....no noise! will keep this in mind for the future. Room was clean, everything worked, and i for once had no complaints. I hope it stays this way and I will continue to stay here and recommend this place to all who are interested.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Pocatello - Chubbuck? Share your experiences!