“Enjoyed my stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Shelley, Idaho
“Enjoyed my stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I was traveling for Potato Conference a meeting that we put on every January in Pocatello. For several years we have been staying at the AmeriTel Inn and have enjoyed my stay. When we arrived there we several guest trying to check in at the same time and the check in desk handled us all quickly and courteously. The room was great. It was a nice room and it was very clean. I especially appreciate the breakfasts in the morning. They are always good and it is nice to have more than cereal for breakfast when you are looking at a long day of meeting.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
James s, General Manager at AmeriTel Inn - Pocatello, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Melinda Bateman L,
Thank you for returning to the AmeriTel Inn and for sharing your experience. We pride ourselves in our service and our amenities and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed them both again. Everyone tends to arrive at the same time for events like that and I am pleased that my staff handled the load effectively and you were in your room quickly. We look forward to seeing you again next year and thanks again for sharing.
James S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Idaho Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I run logistics for an annual conference with an average attendance of 1100. Needless to say, this about fills every hotel room in town for that week. I have had a contract for a block of guest rooms for my speakers and staff for the last four years at the Ameritel Inn in Pocatello, ID. They are absolutely marvelous to work with. They do extra things like putting parking passes in individuals' check-in material, letting me hold an unassigned room for a day in case of emergencies, giving us a very nice price on our block of rooms, assigning a suite as my room so that I can have meetings,etc. The speakers and staff that I house in this facility really appreciate being able to have a GOOD breakfast by 6:00 am, the clean, quiet rooms and a free shuttle for the airport. I also appreciate that they are very business-like and calm as we deal with the various issues that can arise when dealing with something on this scale.
Kudos to Shauna, James and their entire staff.
Thank you!!!!!

Dear Cindy N,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We at the AmeriTel Inn are always willing to do our best to help out our guests in whatever way that we can. The conference is a huge week for us, and you too, and always enjoy having our guests stay with us year after year. We heard great things about the conference, like usual, and are happy to hear we could help keep your housing needs be worry free. We look forward to seeing you again next year.
Aberdeen, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This hotel is an excellent place to stay. We book with them every year for our annual Idaho Potato Conference and have always been treated very well. The customer service is some of the best, the rooms are neat and clean, and the breakfast is awesome. I always know that I will be treated very well when I stay at this particular facility.

Dear Kristi C.
Thank you for staying with us at the AmeriTel Inn and we appreciate you sharing your experience. The Idaho Potato Conference is a very big week for us at the hotel and we are thrilled that we have earned your trust and repeated business. While I do pride myself in our breakfast, it is the best in town, I am most proud of my staff. I am so glad to hear that they treat you so well on your trips here. We look forward to see you next year and thanks again for sharing your experience.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is quite worn, old carpet, dinged furniture. But it is very clean, the rooms are adequate, and the breakfast is fresh and good. The great story here is the people hired by management. They are very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again when I am in Pocatello on business just because of the great experience I had with the staff.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Utahtravellers,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at the AmeriTel Inn. While some aspects of our property are in need of updating, I am very impressed to hear that my staff stepped it up and outshone our dim spots. As I manager I always like to hear that my staff is doing well. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

What could have been a pleasant stay in a nice facility was ruined by the front desk staff. Our event was later in the day and we requested a late check out. We were told with an emphatic no and that we could pay for half a day if we so choose to do so. I only needed two hours, but I guess customer service is not important to them. Weak service..

Dear Daren W,
Thank you for staying with us at the AmeriTel Inn and for sharing your experience. I'm delighted to hear that you felt we have a nice facility and that that portion of your visit was pleasant. On the other hand, I'm sorry that our staff was curt with you when you asked for a late check out. Normally, that is something that we can accomodate and a few hours would not have been a problem, generally speaking. There may have been outside circumstances keeping us from doing so, and if that was the case, my staff should have taken the time to explain that to you. I will make sure to discuss this with my staff so that no one else has a similar situation arise. Again, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our facility and would like to apologize for the unpleasant encounter you had. We hope you decide to give us another shot so we can show you have we truly operate, and look forward to seeing you if you do.
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is a polite and lovely hotel next door to Sandpiper, a great eatery and is also close to the airport and shopping. The pool is huge and great for swimming laps or just hopping in the hot tub.I enjoyed the free wifi and new flat screen TVs. Morning breakfast is homey and delightful. It could add a few bells and whistles like tea bags in the lobby area and in guest rooms. Otherwise, you will sleep well and have fun at this Pocatello hotel.

Room Tip: First floor opens up to the pool, lobby and Sandpiper next door..
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
James s, General Manager at AmeriTel Inn - Pocatello, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear eds44,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at AmeriTel Inn. I'm delighted to hear that your experience at my hotel was a good one. Our pool has always been a favorite of travelers because you can swim laps in it, great way to burn of our cookies. We always appreciate input for our guests and again, thanks for taking the time to share with your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
James S.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Have stayed in AmeriTel before and loved the experience. The staff was exceptional from the call to make reservation through check out. We had a couple special requests and they were very accommodating. We appreciate the kindness and when coming back to this area we will choose AmeriTel. We were all pleased with the breakfast, it had sausage and eggs, and all of the other standard continental items. And the cookies in the evening really hit the spot! The pool was very cold and the hot tub very hot. Just some areas I could see room for improvement: Pool it very cold, and carpet looks very warn in some areas of the hallways. Great place to stay, would go back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
James s, Manager at AmeriTel Inn - Pocatello, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear 768Jason,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the AmeriTel Inn. I'm sorry to hear that our pool was a little cold for your tastes, generally we try and keep it heated so it is a pleasure to swim in. We will monitor that more closely for other guests, thanks for bringing that to our attention. Other than that, I am very pleased to hear that my staff treated you well and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
James S.

Been to AmeriTel Inn - Pocatello? Share your experiences!