“It's a secret, tell no one.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Konkolville Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orofino
Konkolville Motel
You added Konkolville Motel to your Saves list
2600 Michigan Ave, Orofino, ID 83544   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Orofino
Nampa, Idaho
“It's a secret, tell no one.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

What a nice surprise. I am always concerned with older motels but this is a real exception. Nice people operate it, the rooms may be older but very well maintained, the steaks were just right. I can't wait until my next visit, planning that now.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bourbon, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I lucked out here - Best Western motel was full but very nice lady called the Konkolville and said they had rooms. abd she highly reccomended them .This motel is about 4 miles off Highway 12 and not really easy to fine when going north but if you pass the saw mill you have gone to far and when you return it is easy to spot just opposite the mill. This is a super stay. Rooms was very clean, beds are excellent, . Older property but has been upgraded to the max. Price is below market. Owners very friendly. Did not try the steak dinner but will next time. Some how wish this gem was not 1400 miles away so could visit more often. Stay here - its the best.

Room Tip: I suspect they are all good but we were in the area just off the office and it was a joy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
reno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Found this great place on the internet. Was on a motorcycle tour of some great twisty riding roads in the general area and lucked out with finding Konkolville. One criteria of a place to stay while on the bike is being close to places to eat. No cafe at the motel, but they did advertize a "cook your own steak". Was a bit nervous about the quality of the steak but figured I still had my own teeth and I could chew leather if I was hungry enough. They supply the steak, potato and salad. Joseph even seasons the steak prior to getting it on the grill for your to cook. Not sure where they get this meat, but it was delicious! If course the cook was good too.... One of the best steaks ever eaten and priced very reasonable. Sherry and Joseph Chapman (the owners) were super friendly and showed great pride in their establishment. My room was huge, clean, very comfortable and a bargain. I had somehow left my cellphone charger at home and Sherry found one that worked so I could recharge the phone and Kindle. Since its a bit on the outskirts of town I most likely would have missed this great place. When I head back into the area this will be my stop. Gotta love the name, all is revealed at the Konkolville Motel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Gold Beach, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We recently spent a night here, and enjoyed our stay.....it was full of State Baseball boys for the championship play offs. For high school boys and girls they were very well mannered and after 9pm all was quite. Even the Log/Lumber mill across the road didn't make much noise. We loved the fresh wood aroma waffling across to our room. They have a Grill-your-own steak, with a salad and a huge Idaho potato, with all the trimmings. We had to try it and were not disappointed. met other guests doing the same they, and the owners were friendly and helpful in all respects. If in the area would stay there again without question.

Room Tip: We did have the suite with access from our room to the pool, so can't comment on the other rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lewiston ID
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

My wife & I stayed here for 2 nights as a get-away for my birthday weekend. We appreciated the cleanliness of the entire property. The bed was comfortable & the room very convenient. We also enjoyed the hot-tub -- very nice pool area here! The "grill-your-own" steak dinner is fantastic & a bargain as well. We'll be back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My Father took a trip recently to Orofino and had some medical problems occur. Some caring people stopped to help him and realized he needed a place to stay. They took him to the Konkolville Motel and he spent three days there until a friend could come pick him up. Joe and Sherry (the owners) were so kind and helpful to him. They brought him breakfast every morning, checked on him regularly and responded to his many calls for assistance. Given the level of service they provided my Father, I'm sure any stay there would be a pleasure!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We've stayed the Konkolville motel many many times and have planned several road trips around staying there. The grill your own steak is a great deal (if you eat meat) and their breakfast is nice too, with a good variety of choices. The owners are friendly, the rooms are spacious and clean and you can't beat the price. They have pet friendly rooms that smell nice. We enjoyed a relaxing soak in the hot tub before bedtime, it's an outside 4-person spa and we were lucky enough to have it all to ourselves....it was really nice way to end the day. This is an older motel that has been well taken care of, it is a great value and by far the best choice for the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Konkolville Motel? Share your experiences!