“Convenient and Inexpensive, BUT...” 2 of 5 stars

Shilo Inn Nampa Boulevard
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   617 Nampa Blvd., Nampa, ID 83687   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Nampa
Eugene, Oregon
“Convenient and Inexpensive, BUT...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The hotel is immediately off the freeway, so it's very easy to find, though there is a lot of freeway noise. The first thing we noticed when we arrived, which is certainly no fault of the hotel, is that the whole area stunk just TERRIBLY from a sugar beet factory across the road (It smelled like a combination of sewage and something else indescribable); however, the smell was so bad that even the indoor areas were permeated with it (for example, the next morning it smelled fresh outside but the hallways still smelled of the beet factory). The hotel office was clean and inviting and the desk clerks were all very friendly and helpful. The room smelled okay and appeared clean on first glance, but a closer look revealed that the carpets were in DIRE need of cleaning, even to the point that they looked matted down and black in areas, and the bathtub was okay to shower in but I would not have wanted to take a bath in it. The bed was somewhat saggy--it was okay for someone light, but my husband is a very large man so it wasn't too good for us. The hot tub, indoors just next to the pool, was full of water, but it was COLD! The desk clerk responded by saying he thought "they were supposed to have fixed that." The pool, which is outdoors, was pretty clean except for tree fluff that had floated down during the day, but there was no maintenance person on the premise to clean that up in the afternoon. Then I noticed there were a number of bees hanging around the pool, which I at first thought were going after the pots of beautiful flowers set around, but then my husband pointed out to me that the bees were swarming up out of nests in the ground under the edge of the fence! I'm not afraid of bees, but I'm pretty sure this would be a major issue for a lot of people. They did have hot coffee and tea in the office, but nothing else as far as breakfast. They give all of their guests a 10% discount at Denny's (next door) for meals, but we're not too fond of Denny's, although we did have one meal there the evening we arrived just because we were too tired from a long day of travel to go looking for something else; and the service was surprisingly good, though the food was just what you'd expect. All in all, I can't recommend this hotel, even though the horrible smell, which made everything else seem worse, is not their fault at all. The best thing I can say about it is that we didn't spend much on it and the clerks were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Nampa Boulevard, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at the Shilo Inn Nampa Blvd. It is through feedback from our valuable guests that we can continue to improve our hotel and services. I am glad that the location and freeway access was convenient for you, however we regret that your stay did not meet your expectations and we will use your comments as a learning tool as we go forward. Your concerns stated have been addressed and we will continue to make improvements to insure every guest has clean comfortable accommodations every time they stay with us.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to be your home away from home the next time you are in Nampa, Idaho.
Darci Mills

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lathrop, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I have stayed in nicer hotels... ones that had everything one would need. but this place is toward the bottom of pile...i'm not a picky person.... when it comes to hotels rooms... all i need is for the room and bathroom to be cleaned and everything working and no bugs.... ..the first room had a real noisy fan in bathroom and the refrigerator didn't work...so the gal at front desk and maid traded it out with another refrigerator, that one also didn't work... i had medicine that needed to kept cool or cold...it was inparitive that i had a working refrigerator... so after the second refrigerator didn't work they put us in a different room... with a working refrigerator.,. bathroom fan was not as noisey... but dirty...needs to be cleaned....the bathroom heater did not work.... two rooms, three refrigs later in three days is too much moving around for me! Next time...we will not stay here... !!!! pool small...hot tub too much clorine.... and there was no complimentary breakfast.. We should of paid a little more and stayed at hampton inn,or holiday inn express...hell maybe even motel 8...but i'm afraid nampa doesn't offer much in hotels! I overheard front desk personel quoteing a price for a room of 96 dollars for a night... NO WAY ...WAS THIS PLACE WORTH THAT A NIGHT!!!!! WHAT A RIP OFF... SO NEXT TIME ANYONE CALLS IN SUMMER AND THEY QUOTE THAT... HANGUP AND RUN TO A WELL KNOWN NICE PLACE... LIKE i SAID THIS PLACE IS TOWARD THE BOTTOM OF PILE WHEN IT COMES TO HOTELS...

Room Tip: Make sure refrigerators work...check fans in bathrooms...dirt buildup on then... noisey..ect
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Nampa Boulevard, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at the Shilo Inn Nampa Blvd. It is through feedback from our valuable guests that we can continue to improve our hotel and services. We regret that your stay did not meet your expectations and we will use your comments as a learning tool as we go forward. Your concerns stated have been addressed and we will continue to make improvements to insure every guest has clean comfortable accommodations every time they stay with us.
Darci Mills
Radford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

We drove across country to a horse show, and needed a place to stay 4 days. We got the horse show rate of $70 a night at the Shiloh Inn. The hotel was adequate/nice, convenient to the show grounds, the rooms were comfortable, and the Breakfast Was Very Very Good -crisp bacon, table service. Satisfactory.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

I was very pleased with the room and especially pleased with your staff. They were very helpful and courteous. I arrived early and my room was not quite ready. They expedited and I got my room within 20 minutes. They were helpful advising us on fun things to do in the area and provided discounts on meals, and activities. We did not take advantage of our "free breakfast" next door, but what a great deal!!! I was very pleased with our room, we were visiting relatives and had people coming and going all the time, with no complaints or problems from staff or family.....Yeah....Thank you so much for your hospitality and I would definiately plan a stay again....

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Independence, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

Wow! Cindy Sullivan and staff treated my family like family. We were coming back from Provo, Utah after taking our oldest son to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Mission Training Center. We were tired from driving through all kinds of bad weather, and somewhat missing our son. My husband was worried that we didn't have a reservation, but Cindy and the night clerk put those fears to rest and gave us the manger's special. After checking us in, the night clerk, asked about our son we had taken to the MTC and talked about other young men that she had known and how we were all family. Another customer came in and she told us to come back later if we needed anything or just to talk. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. With the room we got a coupon for a hot breakfast . We went to the restaurant next to the hotel and got a breakfast that was as huge as it was tasty . It was so big even my teenage son could hardly eat it all. The manager and staff should be commended for their professional and friendly service and treating us like family.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Auburn, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

hotel is old.kind of overpriced.exterior security door lock broken
carpet threadbare.dark.old.depressing.room sink broken.could not stop water to shave.lights burned out.window on rear lock
broken.beds old worn out.shower went/hot/cold .very low spray.
promised amenities not available.outside light not working
felt unsafe -unclean -my room (210) big black dirty spot between
beds.old door locks...clerk did not know how to make change
cleanliness/maintenance get a D- GRADE . Needs major
remodel .urge those want more than a roof over your head
go elsewhere.this hotel needs lots of help.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — all
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Santa Clara, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

I considered both Nampa Shilo Inns but failed to read the reviews before booking. I went for the lower price since we were only staying two nights. I asked for a first floor room because I didn't want to take luggage upstairs and wanted to be near the pool (knowing my youngest daughter would want to go swimming). Live and learn: the first floor is DOWNSTAIRS (no elevator), but we were close to the pool.
The hallways smelled of smoke and was dark - almost scarry.
The pool was in disrepair and small, but my daughter enjoyed it. The hot tub was inside and just fine.
I knew the room included breakfast at the Denny's next door, but the young man who checked me in the day before failed to give us a breakfast voucher or inform me of any restrictions. In the morning, Sean was again on duty and I asked about getting a voucher. He told me Denny's stopped accepting vouchers at 9:30 but he gave me one anyhow. The Denny's waitress, Pam, was wonderful and accepted the voucher with no problem. So that was fine.
The room was clean, but I have seen better maintained rooms. The hand towel ring came off twice and the bathroom door has seen better days. The bed was comfortable enough and the linens were clean.
Would I stay there again? Probably not. Shilo Corp. needs to invest in some upkeep for this property. On the other hand, maybe that's why it's so inexpensive compared to the alternatives.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Shilo Inn Nampa Boulevard? Share your experiences!