“Hong Kong tried and true.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Boise, Idaho
“Hong Kong tried and true.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

As has been true for many years, the HongKongs food was good, but service is always poor. Do the staff ever smile? Good selection for Mongolian barbeque, but food-bar messy

Visited November 2012

“Best choice in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Being a long time resident this is the best choice for you Chinese food in town with out MSG and its a locally owned and operated. I rather support locally owned food restaurants then chain restaurants that come in and take away from my local community. The staff is friendly prices have not risen out of control with the cost of goods.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Seriously the worst cjinese food I have ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was told by a few residents near this pit that it was excellent So loaded up the family and headed down. First let me preamble this by saying I come from the LA are of california and have had all levels of chinese food from 99 cent per item vendors to Buffets to some of the finest in chinese cuisine Los Angeles has to offer at fine dining establishments. Ok that said I must tell you that at no time have I ever had such bad food in all my life ...the Lo mein was nothing more than ramen noodles mixed with a variety of can vegetables topped off with store bought brown gravy ..seriously. My daughter ordered a sea food platter for 9+ dollars and ended up with a fried platter of grotesque sea offerings. First off if you ever worked at a restaurant then you know that fried items that the batter is dark means that the oil is dirty and believe me it was smelly and dark and dirty. They actually took sticks of imitation crab and battered them then fried them, if you never tasted that wonderful selection well then you have never been to culinary hell because believe me it is hell. They also rounded off her Asian meal with the "traditional" texas toast and hashbrowns. The General Chicken was so salty that it was terrible. The friend rice was just rice with a touch of soy and some veggies tossed in bland bland bland. Pork with seeds? Which i believe was the really dried out ham that was cold and sliced into 5 quarter size pieces it was served with hot mustard, ketchup sesame seeds. Plus there was 6 crab ragoons that were store bought and terrible. The price was 51 dollars and believe me I should have not paid it a penny. The only bright spot was the waitress and 30-40ish lady who was a real nice person and served us with top notch service. I absolutely would tell you to run the other way ..please trust me, SAVE YOUR MONEY

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nampa, Idaho
“Bad Food and No Gift Card”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The food was not good but our waiter was nice. My sincere advice is, “DON’T BUY THEIR GIFT CARD!” Their machine couldn’t read my gift card and there was no way for them to find out how much money was left on it.and so they cannot reimburse you for anything. That’s what happened to us. We spent about $35.00 on our $50.00 gift card in this February. My husband kept the card intact in his wallet since then. We lost about 15 dollars as their machine couldn’t read it. We will never go there again!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“A Must”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Each time we visit Nampa and my daughter is with us, the Hong Kong is a must. We now just order to go and take it home with us. I have been going to the Hong Kong for many years and it is consistently good. It is a family tradition!

Visited June 2012