“Decor and food amazing” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Moscow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Peruvian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
San Juan Islands, WA
“Decor and food amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

We stopped here for a late lunch after visiting the Appaloosa Museum. The decor was elegant and comfortable. We ordered appetizers for our meal. The lettuce wraps included chicken and noodles with a very pleasant sauce. The empanadas included beef sirloin and a delicious serrano-lime juice dipping sauce. Both items were excellent and the service was prompt and friendly. Would love to go back for dinner.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Olympia, Washington
“Pretty darned good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I had dinner here with my extended family, a party of 7, ranging in age from 7 to 70. No two people had the same entree. I had the lamb shank on a bed of cassoulet.

The lamb was done beautifully and the tastes were excellent. The others had everything from soup to fish and we all shared 2 orders of corn cakes. Everyone said they were satisfied with the food. Almost everyone had an order from the bar and said their mixed drinks and the wine were very good.

The service, up to the time of delivering the check, was very prompt and attentive. But once the check was dropped, it took forever to get the waitress back to close the account.

This is not an inexpensive place. Dinner was $250 (including an 18% service charge placed on the bill; something that really pisses me off) If I had been left to figure out my own tip, the waitress may have gotten more. The mandatory service charge is what kept me from giving this a 5 star rating.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
idaho
“Half a dollar for a thin slice of bread?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The food at Sangria is fine. I had a spicy shrimp pasta and my husband had the paella. Both were just "ok". We had ordered sangria and I asked for a piece of bread to take the taste of minty gum out of my mouth before drinking it. When the bill came, that had actually charged me 50 cents for the little slice of a baguette that he had brought me. Seriously? Their pricing is really high for Moscow and they could certainly afford to include a slice of bread. That is crazy stuff and makes certain I don't return. The service was extremely slow and they were in no hurry to make things happen.

Visited July 2014
Irvine, California
“DELICIOSO!!. A MUST AND CAN'T PASS ON IT.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

As the saying goes, "looks are deceiving", well this one is one of them. You would not think that the food would be anything to mention about due to the building looks off the wall, well let me tell you, starting from the pleasant hostess who created us at the door to the wonderful young lady who served us. The Food was AMAZING, ALL of it. The place smelled so good from all the condiments used in the food. We had the Long Grain Chicken Risotto that has a little bit of a kick, and comes with sweet fried bananas that compliment the dish very well. If you are looking for a wonderful dinner menu surprise, you MUST try this place, it's really delicious and not to mention that the inside decor of the restaurant was very nice with earth tone colors. My daughter who was not hungry at all ate her entire plate. NICE!. I would highly recommend this place for anyone with a sophisticated palate. ENJOY!, we did.

Princeton, Illinois
“Great Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We finally went to Sangria last night. Our waiter was FABULOUS!! Very knowledgeable about the food and his recommendations. I complained about the music being very, very bad and he IMMEDIATELY changed it to more appropriate dinner music. The food was VERY good. We did request a booth as others suggested. We felt the servings were very generous and we even took enough leftovers home for another meal. I vacillated about how many stars to rate this restaurant because we felt RUSHED!! Before we completed one course they brought out the next one so we didn't really get to relax and sit back and enjoy our drinks and conversation between courses. When we pay this much for a meal we want to be able to sit back, relax and enjoy the time in the restaurant and being served. Even though we have been married a long time we still like a nice relaxed evening to enjoy each other and the dining experience. So for me, because having time between each course and not feeling rushed is as important to the whole dining experience as having excellent staff and food, I am keeping the 3 star rating, even though the food and staff make this more of a 5 star restaurant.

• Visited July 2014