“Very nice hotel - Awesome room concept” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Moscow
Seabeck
“Very nice hotel - Awesome room concept”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Arrival was nice and the exterior looks very clean. Check in was OK. We were asked if we wanted a shower or bath tub. Shower of course. So the laughter was big when we had a bath tub in our room. No deal breaker for us though.
The room itself is great. Nice bedroom with a very comfortable bed and a separate room with a comfy couch and a great work desk. TV in both rooms.
The bathroom is nice and big enough so two people can be in there.
Check out was quick and efficient. We checked out two days early due to travel changes and had been asked if everything was OK. You can see from my review that it was.
For the price we paid we could not have asked for anything better.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris_AGM_FFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I want to thank you for your response on your stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Moscow, ID. I am glad that you had a great stay with us. I am so sorry about the confusion with your bathroom. Our front desk tries to go above and beyond when providing a room that fits our guest needs. With that being said, it is unfortunate that they mixed up a shower room with a tub room. I know that we will have that corrected next time you visit Moscow. We look forward to having the opportunity to give you an even better stay next time your in town!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Buckley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here for WSU mom's weekend. Small but clean room, comfy bed, friendly staff. Definitely one of the nicer hotels in the area. The only drawback was that I had to full in full almost a year in advance since it was an event weekend, and no changes or cancellations are allowed. I wouldn't mind paying a few weeks in advance, but a year? That might be a deal breaker for me in the future, as the Holiday Inn Express in Pullman is just as nice, without that requirement.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Chris_AGM_FFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Carla,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It is always nice to hear about a great experience at our hotel. We spend the extra time to make sure each and every associate is trained not only to do their job, but to also show the Marriott hospitality everyone has grown to know.

I realize that our pre-pay in advance policy is a lot of money at one time. The prepayment is taken on the day of your booking. If the booking is done 1 week out, then the payment will not be taken until then. This policy is put in place to get a better understanding of just how many people will be coming on these special event weekends. Changes to a reservation can be made, however the prepayment amount will stay the same.

I hope that the hospitality at our hotel, along with a short explanation of our policy, will encourage you to come back. Here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Moscow, we strive to make each guest's stay a great one.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Such a great place to stay. The staff was really welcoming and the rooms were clean and in top shape. Breakfast was also really good and the beds were the most comfortable hotel bed I have stayed in. I would recommend this place to anyone who is staying in the area!

• Stayed March 2014
Chris_AGM_FFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Shelainemoreno,

Thank you for your response. We value each and every comment we get from our guests. I am proud that our team here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Moscow was able to give you a great stay! We are fortunate enough to have a great facility here and we always strive to have the best customer service to match. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We booked this hotel when we came to Moscow for the Invent Idaho confrence. Well its no wonder that they do not recommend this hotel. I noticed that others have complained about the so called breakfast here and I will add my comments as well. First we went down to check for breakfast at 8am, 1 1/2 hours before they are supposed to stop. The scrambled eggs are okd and dried up, my guess is they havent changed them in awhile. There are some muffins and you can make cereal. The problem is when you are traveling with a gluten free family not getting anything they can eat defeats the purpose. Maybe the should take a lesson from the beautiful breakfast menu you can get at Holiday Inn Express. Now for the room. I booked a suite, when we arrived we had to ask for towels, shampoo, soap etc. I cant quite figure out how a room with 2 queen beds plus a sofa bed warrents 2 towels 1 bar of soap and 1 small bottle of shampoo. Next I have never visited a hotel where you go into a room and there is not some sort of information about the area. No information about restaurants, area activities, no nothing. Don't bother asking about recommendations because the staff has no ideas. For the price this hotel is just not worth it. Stay at another place for what this costs you. I would not recommend this hotel. Sorry.

• Stayed March 2014
Chris_AGM_FFI, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
We are so sorry that you had an unenjoyable experience at our hotel. We do try to accommodate every guest with their needs, and are sorry that we did not accommodate your to your expectations. We value your feedback and have added a visitor guide to every room and still have them at the front lobby for guest convenience. Every Queen Suite is stocked with three or more towels, and our standard throughout the hotel is one shampoo, conditioner, lotion, face soap, bath soap, and makeup remover pads per room. We have extras at the front desk if more is needed and will gladly deliver whatever your may need to your room.

We try to make our breakfast enjoyable for everyone, granted our options for gluten free are very limited at this time; we do offer fresh fruit along with scrambled eggs, and hard boiled eggs that are gluten free. We have researched the area's hotels, as well as the Holiday Inn Express and feel we are comparable with our breakfast options.

We really hope you will give us another opportunity on your next visit to Moscow, and are truly sorry for your experience.
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We visited the Fairfield Inn & Suites during winter graduation at the University of Idaho. It's located near campus, shopping and restaurants which was great!

The hotel is practically brand new so it's clean, smells good and looks great. The morning breakfast was great and it's more than just doughnuts and orange juice.

The downside was the hotel rate and its inconsistency. I booked our room 8 months in advance to get the best rate, or so I thought. I paid over $200 a night and when I got there I started talking to family who said they paid $129 a night and booked just that week. I quickly got onto the hotel's website and discovered they were right. The front desk manager quickly took care of it for me however as I already prepaid it was a several week ordeal to get it refunded.

If I ever am in Moscow again this is the hotel I will choose however I'll double check the room rate.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Chris_AGM_FFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Mr. Russell,

I want to thank you for your review of our hotel. We value each bit of feedback we get from our guests. I am proud that our staff here at the Fairfield Inn and Suits Moscow, Idaho was able to give you a great stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

208-882-4600
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We were quite happy with the rooms and location to the U of I. We were in town for a track meet and the boys needed to leave by 6:30 AM for their event. We were told at check in that breakfast was available from 7:00 to 10:00. We arrived back at the hotel at 9:40 to be told that they were done serving at 9:30. There were not any signs stating that a basketball team was scheduled for breakfast then nor had they told us that at check in. I was able to take the bagel that I was toasting when the front desk person came over to send us away. Our 15 year old boys were allowed to make some hot chocolate to take to our room. My husband told the clerk that we would not be staying at this chain again and she asked if it was due to the breakfast incident. The boys went back for another cup of hot chocolate while we finished packing and at that time were allowed to get some food - the leftovers from what the team did not eat - and did receive an apology. Unfortunately this was too little too late as far as we are concerned. We have stayed in Fairfield Inns in the past, but won't be in the future. There are multiple other choices out there to avoid being treated this way.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Chris_AGM_FFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Cathy,

I want to start with a sincere apology to you and your family. It is unacceptable that you were not given the service that Marriott is known for. Though our breakfast hours are posted to be 7-9:30am on the weekends, we do try and accommodate each guest as the come down for breakfast. That being said, I have reiterated this to our breakfast ambassadors to make sure that we try to accommodate each and every guest. There was a basketball team staying with us that weekend and that could have been the cause for the mix up. Unfortunately, the team breakfast was not planned until that morning and was done for the team as a courtesy, last minute. In no way is any of this an excuse for the lack of service. Again, I sincerely apologize for the incident and I would love to have a chance to renew your faith in our hotel. Please feel free to call me at the hotel and I will welcome an opportunity to make this up to you. Here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites, we believe in always giving our customers a great experience that will make them want to return.

208-882-4600
Daphne, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The property is new - about 4-5 months old. Still has that "new car smell." Clearly the new meeting place for anything going on in town.....day meetings, political campaign gathering at night, business folks getting together before cleint presentations, etc. Great breakfast! Easy parking...effectively, across the street from the Univ of Idaho. The staff's answer to everything was "No problem at all." Not sure if Marriott has different "levels" of Fairfield Inns, but clearly this property is excellent in all respects. Large wide open lobby eliminates any impression of "..well, a box Fairfiled Inn." Indoor pool to burn off the kid's energy.

Room Tip: If you have status with Marrioot ask for an upgrade...the "suite" rooms have 10 foot celin...